New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

I think it also has to do with timing. Since EDM is really BIG right now it's kinda suspect for the band to put out an EDM remix album.

Also Reanimation sounds more cohesive compared to Recharged.

I guess since the band found a way to blend the electronic element with the tradition elements (If that makes any sense) they felt that it would be cool to do something different this time.

I know with A Thousand Suns someone mentioned that the electronic elements were more on the forefront compared to their previous album, where it as in the background.

But yea, if Mike feels really inspire to do an another Fort Minor album, or EP. He could drop one. If STP can drop an EP, why not Mike?

Personally i won't be playing the album that much tho. I like the rap verses from Pusha T, Bun B, Ryu, & Mike

I believe Reanimation felt more cohesive because it involved a lot more input from the entire band. Not just some remixers emailing Mike (I'm assuming) some remixes they made from the stems, and Mike remixing a couple songs and recording a couple verses. Reanimation felt almost like another studio album with the way they completely rebuilt those songs in every way, while Recharged just feels like a thrown together compilation of EDM remixes. Don't get me wrong, I'm just speaking from my own personal opinion. While I like both albums, I don't really think this should be compared to Reanimation. They are both technically remix albums, but the vibe and experience are completely different to me.

Overall, the remixes are actually pretty cool. I do think Recharged has some replay value, I only really dislike the middle few songs (literally #6-9), but Reanimation to me was and is way more special. I really feel like the band (all 6 members) put a huge amount of effort into Reanimation, and it doesn't exactly feel that way with Recharged. Probably they all just listened the tracks to choose from and they voted on which to use. As in "yeah, put that one on there". Am I wrong, or was Mike the only person in the band who actually put new studio work in to the album (with his remixes and verses)? That question not including ALTNC, which (I could be wrong) was just Mike & Chester actually recording, with input from the rest of LP.

As far as Mike doing another FM album or EP, I think it'll happen. Given the mention by Ryu on the IBG remix, it's at least something they're "considering" (no pun intended). I think that if it happens, it will be in 2015 or 2016, after the next LP album release and initial tour that will come with it. I would love it if it was sooner, Mike has shown he definitely hasn't lost it. His verse on the STB remix is one of my favorites from him ever, LP/FM/anything else. I just think Mike is focused on Linkin Park for the immediate future, and won't want to spend time on another project right now.

Edited by Justin

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reanimation felt almost like another studio album with the way they completely rebuilt those songs in every way, while Recharged just feels like a thrown together compilation of EDM remixes.

I agree with this.

I also agree with what Astat said before, without Reanimation people would like Rechraged more. People are comparing Recharged to Reanimation because they're thinking that the band can do better even if it's just a remix album, and they have Reanimation and Collision Course as a great examples.

This remix album is very nice, and in my opinion, as long that's not a studio album, nice is enough. It's better to get "nice" remix album than to know there's unreleased one.

I believe Reanimation felt more cohesive because it involved a lot more input from the entire band. Not just some remixers emailing Mike (I'm assuming) some remixes they made from the stems, and Mike remixing a couple songs and recording a couple verses. Reanimation felt almost like another studio album with the way they completely rebuilt those songs in every way, while Recharged just feels like a thrown together compilation of EDM remixes. Don't get me wrong, I'm just speaking from my own personal opinion. While I like both albums, I don't really think this should be compared to Reanimation. They are both technically remix albums, but the vibe and experience are completely different to me.

Overall, the remixes are actually pretty cool. I do think Recharged has some replay value, I only really dislike the middle few songs (literally #6-9), but Reanimation to me was and is way more special. I really feel like the band (all 6 members) put a huge amount of effort into Reanimation, and it doesn't exactly feel that way with Recharged. Probably they all just listened the tracks to choose from and they voted on which to use. As in "yeah, put that one on there". Am I wrong, or was Mike the only person in the band who actually put new studio work in to the album (with his remixes and verses)? That question not including ALTNC, which (I could be wrong) was just Mike & Chester actually recording, with input from the rest of LP.

As far as Mike doing another FM album or EP, I think it'll happen. Given the mention by Ryu on the IBG remix, it's at least something they're "considering" (no pun intended). I think that if it happens, it will be in 2015 or 2016, after the next LP album release and initial tour that will come with it. I would love it if it was sooner, Mike has shown he definitely hasn't lost it. His verse on the STB remix is one of my favorites from him ever, LP/FM/anything else. I just think Mike is focused on Linkin Park for the immediate future, and won't want to spend time on another project right now.

I agree 100%!

I agree with this.

I also agree with what Astat said before, without Reanimation people would like Rechraged more. People are comparing Recharged to Reanimation because they're thinking that the band can do better even if it's just a remix album, and they have Reanimation and Collision Course as a great examples.

This remix album is very nice, and in my opinion, as long that's not a studio album, nice is enough. It's better to get "nice" remix album than to know there's unreleased one.

True! there are few songs on Recharged that i don't like. But some of them are pretty cool!

Do you guys think they will release another single from Recharged? If yes, which one?

I'm asking because they released only one main single for the previous remix albums (Pts.Of.Athrty and Numb/Encore), here they released already the main single but ALTNC is not a remix at all..

Do you guys think they will release another single from Recharged? If yes, which one?

I'm asking because they released only one main single for the previous remix albums (Pts.Of.Athrty and Numb/Encore), here they released already the main single but ALTNC is not a remix at all..

I think if they're going to release another, it will be the ILL BE GONE Vice Remix.

Not a big deal at all but:

I know the titles system of the band is a little bit Posted Image since Living Things, and now they titled ALTNC as "Linkin Park x Steve Aoki", so the "x" means "Feat." or "&"?

In another words, there's a chance to see ALTNC on Steve's CD (not now of course, something like future "best of")?

Not a big deal at all but:

I know the titles system of the band is a little bit Posted Image since Living Things, and now they titled ALTNC as "Linkin Park x Steve Aoki", so the "x" means "Feat." or "&"?

In another words, there's a chance to see ALTNC on Steve's CD (not now of course, something like future "best of")?

It's supposed to be "and," basically. I think the X is supposed to symbolize "mixed with"/"crossed with" or something like that.

Did anyone ever manage to find out what remix it was that played from around 2:29 - 3:05 in the You're A Legend video?

That is 100% NOT the same song. Song in question starts at 2:08 in the You're a Legend video, and none of what is heard is found anywhere in Mike's remix. There's a small little clip of the COG vocals in it, so it's definitely a remix of that song, but it's not Mike's.

Did we just automatically assume once the Recharged tracklisting came out that since there was a COG remix on it, that it'd be the same one?

*EDIT* The part that starts fading in at 3:05 IS Mike's remix, but the instrumental immediately before it (2:08 up to the point Chester starts talking) is something different. Hmm...

Edited by avanas

It was the Castle Of Glass (M. Shinoda Remix) on Recharged.

No, Mike's remix is after 3:05, before 3:05 it's the unreleased remix. I also confused by that when the album leaked, I checked after 3:00 so I thought the whole thing it's Mike's remix.

having just got round to listening to this today, I'm really glad I didn't go for any special box-set or vinyl copy of this album...

some of it is ok, but I'm not losing my shit over it - I'm not wild about Mike's remixes particularly..

will probably buy a CD when they get cheap - I do like ALTNC, Roads Untravelled Remix, and the Rubin Reboot is oddly fun.

it's nothing compared to Reanimation, but I think we were always going to be disappointed after that

I think I am the only one who likes Reanimation and Recharged the same. Never was ''big'' on remixes, so I didn't think Reanimation was the most epic thing ever. It's good, and I think Recharged is equally as good.

I think I am the only one who likes Reanimation and Recharged the same. Never was ''big'' on remixes, so I didn't think Reanimation was the most epic thing ever. It's good, and I think Recharged is equally as good.

I agree. The only thing that puts Reanimation above RECHARGED is P5hng, but RECHARGED has the ILL BE GONE and SKIN TO BONE remixes, so they balance out. If I had to rank the remix albums, it would go Reanimation=RECHARGED>>>Collision Course.

I agree. The only thing that puts Reanimation above RECHARGED is P5hng, but RECHARGED has the ILL BE GONE and SKIN TO BONE remixes, so they balance out. If I had to rank the remix albums, it would go Reanimation=RECHARGED>>>Collision Course.

Totally agree with both of you.

Seriously, Reanimation isn't the most godly thing LP has ever done. I see people saying that everywhere, but they never explain to me why it's so godly. I honestly believe that Recharged is just as good as Reanimation, they're both equal to me. I don't ever compare remix albums to main albums, so Reanimation/Recharged/Collision Course are all in the same category for me.

Anyways, if you guys buy a copy of Recharged at FYE, it's on sale this week and you can get a Recharged wristband for free, it's pretty awesome.

Reanimation is timeless it never gets old I still enjoy it but I dont know if I would like Recharged in one month.

Reanimation is timeless it never gets old I still enjoy it but I dont know if I would like Recharged in one month.

I think Recharged is pretty good actually, for a remix album. Like I said, I don't hold remix albums in high regards, so I wasn't expecting much at all, and I surprisingly kind of like it. Reanimation was good too, but again, it's just a remix album. To me, they are equal.