New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

Other than the Burn it Down remix, I thoroughly enjoyed this remix album. My favorites are Victimized, the I'll Be Gone remixes, and Skin to Bone.

Awesome work in my opinion. This should hold me over for a little while as I await the new LPU and album.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point, but BID seems to be a radio song to me. To me, that song says "I was written and recorded with the intent of being on mainstream radio."

Even on the radio I cringe when it comes on. When I watch proshot videos on YouTube of that song live I crawl up into a ball and cry at how terrible it sounds. It's just not on at all. But with that I'LL BE GONE & SKIN TO BONE verse this is the quality and pumping lyrics that should be on an album and during live shows.

Even on the radio I cringe when it comes on. When I watch proshot videos on YouTube of that song live I crawl up into a ball and cry at how terrible it sounds. It's just not on at all. But with that I'LL BE GONE & SKIN TO BONE verse this is the quality and pumping lyrics that should be on an album and during live shows.

I agree.

"Building it ERRRRRP."

I agree.

"Building it ERRRRRP."

Chester only does that ''building it ERRRRP'' part during live performances. He sounds fine on the studio version. The only time that I ever liked BURN IT DOWN (Live) was from the Rio Social thing, but that wasn't officially a show, I guess.

Anyways, Recharged is definitely a remix album. There is only one ''new'' track on the album (ALTNC), and the rest are remixes by other artists. Mike did throw a few verses on the album (IBG and STB) and they also had a few guests rap on the album (Pusha T, Ryu and Cody B-Ware), but more or less, this is a remix album of LIVING THINGS. If they had different guest artists on almost every track and did all 12 album songs with different vocal takes, etc, as well as ALTNC, this would be a reinterpretation, like Reanimation was, but they didn't. They didn't include IMR and they have multiple remixes of the same song on the album (UIB, IBG, BID (the lp.com bonus edition) and ALTNC).

Chester only does that ''building it ERRRRP'' part during live performances. He sounds fine on the studio version. The only time that I ever liked BURN IT DOWN (Live) was from the Rio Social thing, but that wasn't officially a show, I guess.

Anyways, Recharged is definitely a remix album. There is only one ''new'' track on the album (ALTNC), and the rest are remixes by other artists. Mike did throw a few verses on the album (IBG and STB) and they also had a few guests rap on the album (Pusha T, Ryu and Cody B-Ware), but more or less, this is a remix album of LIVING THINGS. If they had different guest artists on almost every track and did all 12 album songs with different vocal takes, etc, as well as ALTNC, this would be a reinterpretation, like Reanimation was, but they didn't. They didn't include IMR and they have multiple remixes of the same song on the album (UIB, IBG, BID (the lp.com bonus edition) and ALTNC).

I agree with you, since it is out here officially I listened the whole album, since normally I don't really care much for remixes at all.

I already mentioned it earlier in this thread, but atleast two reworked tracks, with altered vocals etc. and maybe one "heavier" tracks in a more acoustic version, and a remix for IMR this album would have sound imo. a lot different. I mean I like ALTNC but the release itself feels a bit like a non-event, while they could have done more with it, even if they weren't aiming to do a lot of effort all together.

I agree with you, since it is out here officially I listened the whole album, since normally I don't really care much for remixes at all.

I already mentioned it earlier in this thread, but atleast two reworked tracks, with altered vocals etc. and maybe one "heavier" tracks in a more acoustic version, and a remix for IMR this album would have sound imo. a lot different. I mean I like ALTNC but the release itself feels a bit like a non-event, while they could have done more with it, even if they weren't aiming to do a lot of effort all together.

They could have went all out Reanimation style, including guests from different genres on every song, changing up the lyrics for the songs, etc. But I don't think LP was set out to do anything like that. I think they just wanted to release a EDM remix album, mainly promoting ALTNC.

They could have went all out Reanimation style, including guests from different genres on every song, changing up the lyrics for the songs, etc. But I don't think LP was set out to do anything like that. I think they just wanted to release a EDM remix album, mainly promoting ALTNC..

And they don't have the time for this right now - 6th album, LP Recharge, The Mall, Stone Temple Pilots.

And they don't have the time for this right now - 6th album, LP Recharge, The Mall, Stone Temple Pilots.

True, they should focus more on LP6 and the band knows that. I thought Mall was already done? And STP released their EP earlier this month, doesn't really interfere with LP at all.

I agree.

"Building it ERRRRRP."

Been in the music game since '96. Writes lyrics five albums later:

You told me, "Yes"

You held me high

And I believed when you told that lie

I played soldier, you played king

And struck me down, when I kissed that ring

You lost that right, to hold that crown

I built you up, but you let me down

So when you fall, I'll take my turn

And fan the flames

As your blazes burn

Can write lyrics like this:

I'm on some taxidermy rap shit/talk about some raw game,

You're nothin but a trophy mounted on my door frame,

I spit that propane, light you with a slow flame,

And watch you burn until there's nothin' but a gold chain,

Yeah you'll be some crispy critters,

You'll wish you with us,

You'll wish what we did, you did it,

You can't, you kiddin? I don't have a shoe you fit in,

You're as soft as a motherfuckin' newborn kitten,

I'm an animal, tearing flesh into bone,

Randomly rippin' everything gone,

Unless they forget what, then let it be known,

I'll bury every competitor, every predator,

Anyone ever forget it, you'll regret it forever,

Never been nothing short of a legend, you peasants will learn,

I'll stay standin' in the front like I'm forgetting my turn,

For these matchstick rappers this is meeting adjourned,

I ain't even gotta match em' I'm just letting them burn.

Hmm... I know what I'd prefer to hear at a show.

The difference between Reanimation and Recharged:

Reanimation was a remix album that started as a Linkin Park-only project that was originally just going to be an EP (hence why Mike and Joe remixed multiple songs). Some of the band's friends started getting involved, and then the Humble Bros. sent them their remix of One Step Closer, which made the band decide to make a full remix album. The album still consisted mostly of collaborations with friends/people the band had toured with, the band had considerable input on most of the tracks, and the songs had a variety of different styles.

For Recharged, Linkin Park released the stems from Living Things to a bunch of EDM artists, and some others sent them remixes that they made using the instrumentals/acapellas that were released on iTunes. The band had very little input, with the exception of Mike's two remixes and two rap verses. All of the remixes were done by artists within a specific genre, so the album has a very unified sound to it.

On paper, I don't think either idea is really better than the other. Restricting a project to a certain style is a unique challenge, and it definitely makes more sense to attempt something like that with a remix album than an album of original material. You could do something like this with an album of dance remixes, or an album of stripped-down versions of songs that originally had very high production values (whatever happened to the "rock version" of Chris Cornell's Scream anyway?). Either kind of project could produce great music...it's just in this case, Recharged is being compared to an album that some still consider Linkin Park's greatest work. People would probably like Recharged a lot more if Reanimation didn't exist.

People would probably like Recharged a lot more if Reanimation didn't exist.

I seriously doubt it. It's just not that good nor does it have much replay value. It's one of those releases that will be buried in a discography and forgotten about, while a hand fill will actually like it and want to remember it

I seriously doubt it. It's just not that good nor does it have much replay value. It's one of those releases that will be buried in a discography and forgotten about, while a hand fill will actually like it and want to remember it

Most fans did have a high expectation though. Because that expectation was not met, the album is being brushed off.

Reanimation is an album that people continue to listen to today and because they are both (by technicality) remix album, they were always going to be compared to each other.

Astat is right. If Reanimation had never happened, I think people would be more open to RECHARGED regardless of whether or not they enjoy the genre or quality of the remixes.

Also, replay value definitely comes down to personal preference. I can see myself listening to A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES for a long while yet. I have listened to Killsonik's LOST IN THE ECHO remix a lot since the release as a b-side on the CASTLE OF GLASS single. Also, I am a Dirtyphonics fan and think their remix is really well done. I am sure I am not the only person who believes this. Some people will brush this album off, in the same way that people brushed off LIVING THINGS and in the same way that many people did not enjoy Reanimation. It is just another album in the band's release cycle for some people to appreciate and others to disapprove of.

I felt this album process was too rushed.. we were held in suspense for awhile with ALTNC but then like BAM and this album was out i was like wtf.

i just hope they do not rush whatever they are currently in the process of making. by no means am i saying take another 4 years off to create a variant of MTM, but i think this remix album shines a bad light on LP. too rushed, IMO.

I think it also has to do with timing. Since EDM is really BIG right now it's kinda suspect for the band to put out an EDM remix album.

Also Reanimation sounds more cohesive compared to Recharged.

I guess since the band found a way to blend the electronic element with the tradition elements (If that makes any sense) they felt that it would be cool to do something different this time.

I know with A Thousand Suns someone mentioned that the electronic elements were more on the forefront compared to their previous album, where it as in the background.

But yea, if Mike feels really inspire to do an another Fort Minor album, or EP. He could drop one. If STP can drop an EP, why not Mike?

Personally i won't be playing the album that much tho. I like the rap verses from Pusha T, Bun B, Ryu, & Mike