New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Reanimation" was great, to me, because it felt familiar and different at the same time. New verses or vocals from Chester & Mike meshed perfectly with the guest appearances, and the instrumentals were unique.

"Recharged" shares those traits at points - which are the only points I like - but for the most part feels like a bloated album of generic tracks that can't touch fan remixes (See: LPA's "Monthly Mash-up"), much less compete against the original songs on "Living Things."

Long story short, I love the new vocals by LP and friends, and the music is great at points (thanks for the 'Reboot', Rick!), but this really feels like LP just trying to fill up a CD with every remix they had lying around on Mike's floor. Why else would the same track be on the album twice? This should have been an EP that is more focused and original. At least there's new LPU & LP albums coming soon.

Good god. I really thought ATS was their low point- I was wrong, it is this.

I remember those old days when LP didn't make bad music.

I thought ATS was good.. anything past that.. terribad. They need to get back to Expanding on MTM

this electronic bs is horrible

Edited by FaiNt

I thought ATS was good.. anything past that.. terribad. They need to get back to Expanding on MTM

this electronic bs is horrible

Yeah. MTM type music is what I'd go for right about now. Classic rock or underground hip-hop. I can't stand how poppy this new sound is.

Skin to bone is good. I sorta got a ***** when RYU starts rapping about FM.

Yeah. MTM type music is what I'd go for right about now. Classic rock or underground hip-hop. I can't stand how poppy this new sound is.

Skin to bone is good. I sorta got a ***** when RYU starts rapping about FM.

I still think the little things gives you away is one of the best pieces of music they have written. Some more complicated rock songs would be sweet.

Would it be crazy to say.. what if LP did some math rock type of music?

Edited by FaiNt

ATS was a natural sort of progression on the MTM sound, I thought. I wish they had continued to evolve on the MTM/ATS sound for their 5th album, but they released LT instead. However, I wouldn't judge LP based off of ALTNC or Recharged. Mike just said himself that the next album most likely will not sound anything like that, so who knows. I do hope they pick up where they left off in 2010 (ATS) for the next album, but a heavier/rockier/punkier sound for the next album would be awesome as well.

EDIT: Actually, let me elaborate more on this. I think that MOST of ATS was a natural progression on the MTM sound. I don't mean the interludes (Requiem, Radiance, Jornada, WJL, Fallout). I mean the actual songs. Especially songs like BITS, Iridescent, The Messenger, Waiting For The End, those all sound likes songs that remind me of a more evolved MTM. ATS wasn't overly electronic. It had electronic elements for sure, but it was done tastefully and in a unique ''LP'' style. This is by biggest issue with LT and Recharged. EDM/Dubstep is a TREND. Nu-metal was a TREND back in the early 2000's, EDM/Dubstep is the same exact thing. This is why I don't like LP doing this type of music, because it makes LP sound hypocritical. They said they didn't like being judged by the nu-metal stigma, and they felt like they didn't belong in a trend, yet they are doing the exact thing, now.

I think maybe LP wanted to convey this whole ''mature'' sound with MTM and ATS so they could prove to people that they weren't a one trick pony, that they could make mature music like other bands. But more and more lately, I am thinking that was just a publicity move, and that they really want to make poppy electronic radio friendly songs. That is what I would classify LT as except for a few songs (COG, RU, STB, UIB). ALTNC definitely fits in that category, too.

However, Mike HAS been listening to metal/punk lately. Chester said it first. Mike then said it himself in the video chat with Steve Aoki. He also released a ''YELLING OVER GUITARS'' playlist that was this type of music, and he said that the next album will not sound like ALTNC/Recharged. This could be a good sign, that maybe they don't want to continue making this electropop radio stuff forever. I have hope for the next LP album/future of LP. I will always probably still listen to LP, no matter what, I will love their music. But I don't want to see LP fall into this type of legacy. I want LP to be remembered as something more than Hybrid Theory and then the pop garbage.

Edited by Geki

I think all the people who don't know much about the band will see this as their new direction. Radio stations play ALTNC and some people go what the fuck is this.

There's a ton of recent interviews where it says they are not going EDM with the next album and even without, if you know anything about this band and call yourself a fan you should know better that they won't do that anyway, a band that calls MTM a huge risk.

I think all the people who don't know much about the band will see this as their new direction. Radio stations play ALTNC and some people go what the fuck is this.

There's a ton of recent interviews where it says they are not going EDM with the next album and even without, if you know anything about this band and call yourself a fan you should know better that they won't do that anyway, a band that calls MTM a huge risk.

I agree with you on this, very interesting point. Somewhat off-topic, but what do you guys think was a bigger risk? MTM or ATS? They both were very different from their ''sound'' and they both have different aspects to it. MTM was very different, most of the songs. ATS was different as well, but had some of the key elements, like rapping and electro stuff. Idk. I think HHH was the most ''wtf'' moment for me that I wouldn't expect on a LP album. Lol.

Okay I gave in and also listened to the Rick Rubin remix and I am dissapointed, I hoped for new vocals, that si the only thing I dislike so far of this release, everything is amde from the stems, beside some additional raps of Mike, I wish they would have rebuilt atleast one track, like they did on Reanimation.

Here's I'll Be Gone (Vice Remix Feat. Pusha T) for the ones who didn't heard it yet:

https://soundcloud.com/linkin_park/linkin-p...ll-be-gone-vice

This is from the band's official SoundCloud account, remember not to ask or post official material links.

---

"Reanimation" was great, to me, because it felt familiar and different at the same time. New verses or vocals from Chester & Mike meshed perfectly with the guest appearances, and the instrumentals were unique.

I agree but you can't compare them. Reanimation made by the band and the remixers, Recharged made by the remixers and as far as we know only two remixes made by Mike.

---

There's only thing that weirder than Victimized remix in this release is In My Remains remix mystery.

I agree but you can't compare them. Reanimation made by the band and the remixers, Recharged made by the remixers and as far as we know only two remixes made by Mike.

Yeah this was a completely different approach then Reanimation. I remember a couple people saying Reanimation 2 was happening when they first announced Recharged. Make no mistake that this is not able to compare. I'm pretty sure with Recharged they just gave the remixers the stems, and got a remix back. Mike recorded a couple verses but I think that's it. With Reanimation I think the band were involved with every song

There's only thing that weirder than Victimized remix in this release is In My Remains remix mystery.

Part of me wonders if the band (or Mike or Chester specifically) consider that one special and didn't want it touched. I mean every other song has a remix somewhere, except that one? That would be an interesting question to get to someone in the band.

I'm not holding my breath for a decent LPU album either.

I'm gobsmacked at just how bad Recharged is. Its just the same stupid beats over & over again.

This is why I could never and will never get into techno, drum n bass etc. It all just sounds the same.

Roads Untravelled remix seems to be the only song that is holding a thread of my attention.

Honestly, Recharged just further fuels my opinion that LP are becoming complacent/lazy. They're releasing stuff now just for the sake of it. They're not putting as much effort and focus into their releases like they've previously done.

LT was too rushed and just thrown together. Take Roads Untravelled as an example. Just before the last section/chorus or whatever you wanna call, you can hear the guitar sound/pick touching off the string. The majority will not what I'm referring too and I think we all agree its a mistake. The band or somebody should have noticed that and removed it but they didn't. It just shows lack of care. Even the music videos are beyond weak now.

I'm imagine we'll see LT songs fazed out from the live show quicker than expected.

Take Roads Untravelled as an example. Just before the last section/chorus or whatever you wanna call, you can hear the guitar sound/pick touching off the string. The majority will not what I'm referring too and I think we all agree its a mistake. The band or somebody should have noticed that and removed it but they didn't. It just shows lack of care.

I actually find that little imperfection really cool, it's almost like a false start that takes you by surprise.

It's cool for the band's music to not always be completely clinical, little touches like that add character.

Take Roads Untravelled as an example. Just before the last section/chorus or whatever you wanna call, you can hear the guitar sound/pick touching off the string. The majority will not what I'm referring too and I think we all agree its a mistake. The band or somebody should have noticed that and removed it but they didn't. It just shows lack of care. Even the music videos are beyond weak now.

I'm imagine we'll see LT songs fazed out from the live show quicker than expected.

I don't agree with you saying it's a mistake, there was nothing playing and there was nothing to mess up in the first place. Me being a guitar player who records, when I'm doing patchwork on my guitar tracks, I'll mess around until the part I am suppose to record comes in, so I have random stuff going on that I end up cutting out afterwards, therefore I think Mike or Brad were doing guitar patch ups and were playing random stuff until the part he was focused on came up, went back to edit the part they recorded it, and figured "oh hey that sounds cool " and tried cleaning it up. They are pretty defined picks at the string to just be a mistake. And you can hear the ambience in the room when it is played, so it was reverbed, and I SWEAR it fades in very quickly. Just my opinion, it makes sense to me atleast.

anyone can made the lyrics?

I'll Be Gone (Vice Remix feat. Pusha T)

Mike:

Yeah

And to each his own

Hating ain't something that we condone,

Cause the way I flip when the beat come on

I'll make you pump that shit 'til the speakers blown

Ya'll wanna cop a plea, who you gonna talk to if not to me?

Because if the chain of command worked properly

You gotta earn a few stripes before you can talk to me

Word to Pusha, word to Vice, built the track once and killed it twice

Built the stage up and killed the lights, opening act was like fuck my life

Ya'll can love it, ain't nothing wrong, forget the hating that ya'll be on

Enjoy it now because after long, Keyser Soze, I’ll be gone

Skin to Bone (Nick Catchdubs feat. Cody B. Ware & Ryu)

Mike:

I'm on some taxidermy rap shit/talk about some raw game,

You're nothin but a trophy mounted on my door frame,

I spit that propane, light you with a slow flame,

And watch you burn until there's nothin' but a gold chain,

Yeah you'll be some crispy critters,

You'll wish you with us,

You'll wish what we did, you did it,

You can't, you kiddin? I don't have a shoe you fit in,

You're as soft as a motherfuckin' newborn kitten,

I'm an animal, tearing flesh into bone,

Randomly rippin' everything gone,

Unless they forget what, then let it be known,

I'll bury every competitor, every predator,

Anyone ever forget it, you'll regret it forever,

Never been nothing short of a legend, you peasants will learn,

I'll stay standin' in the front like I'm forgetting my turn,

For these matchstick rappers this is meeting adjourned,

I ain't even gotta match em' I'm just letting them burn.

Take Roads Untravelled as an example. Just before the last section/chorus or whatever you wanna call, you can hear the guitar sound/pick touching off the string. The majority will not what I'm referring too and I think we all agree its a mistake. The band or somebody should have noticed that and removed it but they didn't. It just shows lack of care. Even the music videos are beyond weak now.

Honestly, those little imperfections are what I love about LP sometimes. I loved that part of RU. Music doesn't always have to be 100% polished and perfect. A lot of the vocals on MTM weren't pitch perfect and they did that on purpose. I love when you can hear a crack in the singer's voice, etc.