New Linkin Park Remix Album: "RECHARGED"

Stranger

It's beneficial for them to say on Warner but they might go independent if it means they can release music quicker and more often. We will see. Trent Reznor didn't earn much when NIN went independent and it was stressful when they had to market out the albums, etc so he went with Columbia for this latest album. I would rather LP go independent, or start their own label, versus stay on Warner but I'm not sure what'll happen.

I think after LIVING THINGS they have one more right to fulfill their contract?

He offered The Slip for free. How much money can he expect? :-D

I think he also mentioned it's a lot about marketing, since it's much harder to do huge stuff without the manpower behind it.

For the contract stuff: do we have a source for it? Or is this just a rumor that is going around since forever (I think after MtM people started to say things like '1 or 2 more albums and their contract is fulfilled').

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LP wanted to leave Warner during the making of MTM time period (2005-2006). They renewed their contract in 2006/2007 and have been fine with it ever since. I don't get why everyone thinks that LP still wants to leave Warner. The fans might want LP to leave, but I am pretty sure that the band doesn't want to.

Relating to LP and Warner; In Artifact, Chester said that they wanted to leave Warner, but ended up not doing so because they didn't want to get 'pissed on' by the record label.

Yeah, but he also said this was during the MTM period. Everyone keeps forgetting that. MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT TIME PERIOD.

High Rise->Recharged->The Mall->6th Album. A lot of new stuff.

Holy Tinfoil that IS a lot!

Now I'm wondering if the 4/5 songs with Steve Aoki will be new ones or just the Aoki remixes of LT or some of both. Those would probably be the only "new" songs other than ALTNC. The songs with other artists will probably all be remixes. Still super pumped though

Here's my guess for the tracklisting:

1) BURN IT DOWN (RAC Remix)

2) UNTIL IT BREAKS (Datsik Remix)

3) BURN IT DOWN (Swoon Remix)

4) ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen Remix)

5) BURN IT DOWN (Paul Van Dyke Remix)

6) UNTIL IT BREAKS (Money Mark Remix)

7) BURN IT DOWN (Bobina Remix)

8) POWERLESS (Enferno Remix)

9) LOST IN THE ECHO (Killsonik Remix)

10) BURN IT DOWN (Steve Aoki Remix)

11) CASTLE OF GLASS (Steve Aoki Remix)

12) A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES

What I want to see:

1) (OPENING)/TINFOIL (Aoki Remix)

2) LOST IN THE ECHO (M. Shinoda Remix)

3) I'LL BE GONE (Mr. Hahn Mix)

4) VICTIMIZED (BBB Remix)

5) UNTIL IT BREAKS (Aoki Remix)

6) IN MY REMAINS (M. Shinoda Remix)

7) LIES GREED MISERY (BBB Remix)

8) SKIN TO BONE (Mr. Hahn Remix)

9) CASTLE OF GLASS (Aoki Remix)

10) ROADS UNTRAVELED (M. Shinoda Remix)

11) BURN IT DOWN (I Don't Give A Shit Remix)

12) POWERLESS (Mr. Hahn Remix)

13) A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Feat. Steve Aoki)

If you couldn't tell, I want the band + Steve to remix it.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

1) BURN IT DOWN (RAC Remix)

2) UNTIL IT BREAKS (Datsik Remix)

3) BURN IT DOWN (Swoon Remix)

4) ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen Remix)

5) BURN IT DOWN (Paul Van Dyke Remix)

6) UNTIL IT BREAKS (Money Mark Remix)

7) BURN IT DOWN (Bobina Remix)

8) POWERLESS (Enferno Remix)

9) LOST IN THE ECHO (Killsonik Remix)

10) BURN IT DOWN (Steve Aoki Remix)

11) CASTLE OF GLASS (Steve Aoki Remix)

12) A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES

That would hands down be terrible. Resell the damn remixes we already paid for?? Wtf. I highly doubt they'd do that. Anything more than 1 BID remix on there.... lmao that's hilarious.

Surely we'll get A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES, the epic CASTLE OF GLASS remix from LPTV, maybe a few new songs with Steve, some other guest spots on remixes, etc. Maybe a Shinoda remix of something.

If you couldn't tell, I want the band + Steve to remix it.

Do you really think that remix album without guests is a good idea?

Is there no hope for LT b-sides to be featured on this project?

Interesting question. Like My December and High Voltage in Reanimation.

It wouldn't be like High Voltage or My December on Reanimation because those had been previously released and were remixed for Reanimation anyway.

I doubt we'll get anything beyond remixes for each album track and ALTNC. LP isn't the band they were eleven years ago.

I'm still excited, though. There's always the chance that we might really get a great remix album. Just not something I'd put money on.

It wouldn't be like High Voltage or My December on Reanimation because those had been previously released and were remixed for Reanimation anyway.

Of course, I'm talking about the idea to use the b-sides of the album, but here there's a new song (or more) so it's different anyway.

Of course, I'm talking about the idea to use the b-sides of the album, but here there's a new song (or more) so it's different anyway.

The track listing should be made available pretty soon right? If not when the pre-orders on LP's site start, then whenever ALTNC is unlocked. That's when iTunes pre-orders start, so we should get a track list by then at the latest.