Quick question? Ask here!

What year did Jim Digby become tour manager for LP? I remember he was in a Summer Sonic video helping Mike with his in ear moniters, that was in 2006. But I also remember some guy with really long blondeish hair being in a lot of 2007 videos and years prior. Anyone know? I'm confused. Was Jim there since 2000?

Jim's been their production manager since at least 2004...the other guy might have been Rob McDermott or someone like that who was part of their management team.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can answer that, I talked to Digby for a moment at the Hamburg Summit and he said he joined in late 2001 and he said he fired everyone after 2002. lol. I guess he was serious about that.

The funny part about that is, I didn't even ask about it. SpikeMinoda and we were standing around at the Summit next to the M&G line watching, when all the sudden Digby came to us (he was watching the M&G right next to the band), maybe because of our LPLive shirts. He asked us what year Meteora was released, 2003 or 2002. He returend to the M&G and returned shortly afterwards. He said he asked that because he just had a discussion with someone from the crew and the other guy was not sure which year exactly he joined the crew. Then he said when he joined and how he got everyone fired to clean up the mess, lol.

He's always listed as the production manager not the tour manager, but he seems to be in charge of all the important stuff.

Their tour manager is Mike Amato.

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.ph...articleId=20153

Maybe that's the blonde guy you mean.

I can answer that, I talked to Digby for a moment at the Hamburg Summit and he said he joined in late 2001 and he said he fired everyone after 2002. lol. I guess he was serious about that.

The funny part about that is, I didn't even ask about it. SpikeMinoda and we were standing around at the Summit next to the M&G line watching, when all the sudden Digby came to us (he was watching the M&G right next to the band), maybe because of our LPLive shirts. He asked us what year Meteora was released, 2003 or 2002. He returend to the M&G and returned shortly afterwards. He said he asked that because he just had a discussion with someone from the crew and the other guy was not sure which year exactly he joined the crew. Then he said when he joined and how he got everyone fired to clean up the mess, lol.

He's always listed as the production manager not the tour manager, but he seems to be in charge of all the important stuff.

Their tour manager is Mike Amato.

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.ph...articleId=20153

Maybe that's the blonde guy you mean.

Thank you, I learned a lot from that post! And yes, Mike Amato is the person I was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

New question. Has that high quality demo of Rhinestone for that Stairway To Heaven show or whatever it was from like '98 ever released???

Nope. That's definitely an oddball track because it sounds like it's a different recording than the one on the Xero tape, which begs the question of exactly how much material Xero recorded before Mark left the band...but LP seems pretty reluctant to release anything that doesn't have Chester on it.

Nope. That's definitely an oddball track because it sounds like it's a different recording than the one on the Xero tape, which begs the question of exactly how much material Xero recorded before Mark left the band...but LP seems pretty reluctant to release anything that doesn't have Chester on it.

Makes me wonder what is out there..

Surely they recorded at least an album's worth of material with Mark. I can see why they wouldn't want to release anything that doesn't have Chester on it, though. They don't necessarily try to erase their history before Chester, but they do like to ignore it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the behind the scenes of Iridescent, there's a part where Chester is playing guitar (at least i think it's him). Why exactly was this removed?

It's at 9 seconds.

They shot individual performance footage for each band member when they did that video, but they barely used any of it. I don't think there are any shots of Mike playing keys in the final cut of the video either.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say Divided is an MTM demo, yeah. They originally were going to release a CD in 2005, then 2006, and then MTM came in 07, but those 2005 CD sessions probably produced Divided. I'm interested in what other songs are from that era (2005). That was also the year they tried to record a song in 1 day for the Machine Shop Mixtape they were putting out. I asked in an LPU chat what happened to that song and they said it was a disaster trying to make a full song in one day. I've always wondered if Divided was that song, but it's most likely not lol. LP does give us what we are looking for though - fans wanted TLTGYA/BTH demos on LPU9...Shinoda says done and throws them right on....he wants LP staff to check online and see what demos we have before they put them on the CDs (like checking what APFMH demos we have so the Esaul on LPU11 is one we DO NOT have). Pretty cool. The only thing I don't understand is the WID Shinoda remix on LPU11....they knew we already had that. Perhaps they were rushed to replace another song at the last minute or something.

In response to "writing on the road after MTM":

LP confirmed in 2008 they were writing on the road...Mike visited that studio in Prague on the summer European tour and did some writing. But it's interesting Pretend To Be has a 2008 date....wonder why they touched it up after MTM unless it was just for the LPU CD, which is definitely possible. Across The Line, Sad and Faint were edited/touched up for the LPU 9 CD so it's entirely possible the Pretend To Be "finishing" they did in 2008 was just some touching up for the fan club CD.

They don't necessarily try to erase their history before Chester, but they do like to ignore it.

I disagree with this only because they brought back Reading My Eyes in 2006 and almost two years later absolutely randomly in Europe in 2008. Totally blows they cut it from the Milton Keynes setlist though, so your point is semi valid with RME. But otherwise I guess.

We've gotten plenty of stuff from the MTM sessions. I obviously wouldn't object to more, but the "non-album stuff" from the first 3 albums has become a lot more common in recent years, especially with the last few LPU CDs. I'm really interested in hearing some outtakes from the ATS sessions.

You need to hear Bruiser then, lol. That might be the only ATS-era demo out there right now right? Besides the Robot Boy alt vocal track.

The only thing I don't understand is the WID Shinoda remix on LPU11....they knew we already had that. Perhaps they were rushed to replace another song at the last minute or something.

I still think it was intensional, because it IS different from the original remix version we had.

The only LPU track in recent releases (LPU-LPU12) that I have had an issue with was the What I've Done (M. Shinoda Remix), but only because it was just a mildly shorter version of the What I've Done (Distorted Remix) that was released in early 2007. They could have chucked something cool on LPUX in it's place, like a ATS demo or a MTM demo. Maybe Pictureboard was going to be on LPUX, yet had to be cut last minute, so they just through that remix on there.

Also, the difference is the breakdown before the robotic ''I start again, and whatever pain may come, today this ends, I'm forgiving what I've done''. Compare and listen and you will see. I like the LPUX version better.

Edited by Geki

Lockjaw was the track that was made when testing out Pro Tools 8. There was also the OP-1 synth demo, which turned out to basically be the "seed" that was made into Razors Out. Other than that, the only remotely related thing I can think of was that video Mike posted on his blog a few years back of him experimenting with some MPC samples...