Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is the first time LP does that. I remember from the making of MtM that Rob's a fan of the non 1/4 time signatures. Every studioalbum since Meteora has one song in 3/4 (From the Inside, Wake/Little Things, Burning in the Skies). But is alternating between 3/4 and 4/4 is equal to a time signature in 7/4?

I think it is the first time LP does that. I remember from the making of MtM that Rob's a fan of the non 1/4 time signatures. Every studioalbum since Meteora has one song in 3/4 (From the Inside, Wake/Little Things, Burning in the Skies). But is alternating between 3/4 and 4/4 is equal to a time signature in 7/4?

It is if you make every bar twice as long and count it as 7/4, sure. A lot of it is really up to interpretation. I'm more inclined to think that the sheet music would just alternate bars of 3/4 and 4/4 though.

BTW, LP has quite a few songs with unusual time signatures, or at least songs with parts in weird time signatures. The choruses of Reading My Eyes are in 6/4, Jornada Del Muerto is mostly in 9/8, Wisdom Justice and Love is in 5/4, No More Sorrow is in 12/8. From the Inside, Wake, TLTGYA, and Roads Untraveled are all in 6/8, and Burning in the Skies actually alternates between 6/4 (verses) and 4/4 (choruses/guitar solo). The verses of What We Don't Know are in 6/4 too. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Is there an uncensored version of the High Voltage Reprise version?

no but that would be a nice extra for the lpu (as a download on their site) ;)

same count for some reanimation songs, dedicated & standing in the middle

are there any more (only) censored songs? (not counting the live songs)

Edited by StaticXero

Some LPU CD's were censored, some not, really stupid.

I agree, it is pretty stupid. LPU2 wasn't edited except for Dedicated, but the live version of High Voltage on there wasn't. LPU4 was all edited which sucks because it has my favorite version of Wish on there. LPU7 was all edited, all live performances, which I hate, it sounds so unnatural to edit a live peformance. LPU8 (mmm cookies) was not edited. LPUX was not edited. LPU12 was not edited. The rest do not have cursing. Kind of odd... I would love to have uncensored versions of Dedicated and the High Voltage (Reprise), though. I think most LP fans have wanted those for many years, and it's weird that LP never released them.

Edited by Geki

mmmh cookies was edited. You ain't gotsa gotsa 0:32.

High Voltage is considered an Hybrid Theory LP song right? That's probably the reason it's clean to avoid the explicit content. I always wondered if the "motherfucker" at the end of APMFH would be on the album version if they were able to curse back then. Chester put it at the end of the song as long as i can remember. I know it's not in the demos for obvious reasons.

The censoring seemed to run along the lines of when LP brought explicit lyrics back to their music. With the exception of LPU7 and MMM COOKIES, every release after MTM has been uncensored. Similarly, every official release prior to MTM was censored, with the obvious exception of Collision Course (good luck censoring that).

I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about the band's personal life here, but I may be on to something. Apparently, Chester relapsed in 2008 (Drinking) while recording Out Of Ashes. Does anyone think that maybe the canceled Asia tour in 2008 (After PR '08) was because he relapsed, not because he fell building lincoln logs for his son?? I'm going out on a limb here, but I have a hunch. Obviously the band would not want to say that he relapsed. Again, if this against the rules, please delete my comment.