Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Has there ever been an interview with Don Gilmore in which he talks about what he thinks of LP's music since the replaced him with Rick Rubin? I really haven't heard anything about Don post LP besides him producing some music for Hollywood Undead.

Anyone know what bands/artists Chester is talking about in this video? He said some bands will refuse to play before LP. I'm thinking maybe Muse? I know Chester tried to get Muse on PR07 but they declined.

Muse seems the most likely, I can't think of any other off the top of my head since I'm not in the band and don't know who they've tried asking :P

EDIT:

Who knows how many times LPL has been mentioned by Mike on mikeshinoda.com?

you answer in the "about" section of the site

February 22, 2008, Mike Shinoda mentioned the Live Guide on his blog at www.mikeshinoda.com. He referenced the release of 'Plaster' (the One Step Closer demo) and linked to all 4 sites that released it (LPLive, LPFuse, LPProjekt and LPAssociation). In the spring of 2008, Mark called in to 'Rockline', where Mike commented on the Live Guide. Mike also commented on version 3.0 of the site, saying that he thought it was excellent, at the Milton Keynes show during the LP Underground 'Meet and Greet' in summer of 2008. Lastly, in February of 2008, LPLive was mentioned in a Tour Mag interview with Ken "Pooch" Van Druten, the LP "Front Of House" Engineer.

:) Edited by LGraham

Not sure if this has been answered before, but how come Chester is on Slip and Blue when it says that they are 1998 demos, which was before Chester had joined the band?

Chester joined in 1998, and he got the call on his birthday (March 20th) so he would have joined soon after that. They had 6+ months to record songs in 1998. He left Grey daze in early 1998.

Chester joined in 1998, and he got the call on his birthday (March 20th) so he would have joined soon after that. They had 6+ months to record songs in 1998. He left Grey daze in early 1998.

Chester got the call from Jeff Blue offering him the audition with Xero on his 23rd birthday, which was in 1999. The dates on the LPU11 demos are probably wrong, unless they were recorded prior to Chester joining the band and he just added his vocals to them later on.

Edited by Astat

Chester got the call from Jeff Blue offering him the audition with Xero on his 23rd birthday, which was in 1999. The dates on the LPU11 demos are probably wrong, unless they were recorded prior to Chester joining the band and he just added his vocals to them later on.

Yep 1999, my bad.

And from the back of LPU11:

02. Slip (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)

We did various versions of the song, but never felt completed to release the song. It has never been released until now. It was in the first batch of songs (with "Blue") that we worked on together when chester joined the band.

I don't think they would get dates wrong on an official thing. Something is up with something though. 1998 could have been when they first started writing them.

Edited by Ginger

Yep 1999, my bad.

And from the back of LPU11:

I don't think they would get dates wrong on an official thing. Something is up with something though. 1998 could have been when they first started writing them.

The BMI database entries for Slip and Blue are a little interesting too, Mark Wakefield is credited on Slip, but not Blue, and Phoenix is credited on both songs, despite him leaving the band prior to Chester joining (although that may just be a result of LP crediting all current band members on new music releases these days). I have a feeling both of those songs were started prior to Chester joining, with Blue being from the short period where the band didn't have a singer between Mark leaving and Chester joining.

The BMI database entries for Slip and Blue are a little interesting too, Mark Wakefield is credited on Slip, but not Blue, and Phoenix is credited on both songs, despite him leaving the band prior to Chester joining (although that may just be a result of LP crediting all current band members on new music releases these days). I have a feeling both of those songs were started prior to Chester joining, with Blue being from the short period where the band didn't have a singer between Mark leaving and Chester joining.

Yeah, I think we'll probably have to go with that for now. That's probably a question for mike.

• 2 months later...

I have a stupid question: Is Part of Me related at all to Figure .09? As in the demo of it? It doesn't seem logical, but I have read a couple of times (I think once on here) that POM became Figure .09, even though they are years apart.

I have a stupid question: Is Part of Me related at all to Figure .09? As in the demo of it? It doesn't seem logical, but I have read a couple of times (I think once on here) that POM became Figure .09, even though they are years apart.

No there not related at all. I think it's logical to conclude that Figure.09 was not named Part of Me because there already was a song with that name. So I guess the demo title stuck along with it.

I've been wondering about sharing out a CD I got a few years ago ("Live at BBC") for download

Posted Image

this is the track listing:

01. With You - tracks 1-12 recorded BBC Studio, Maida Vale Sept. 14th., 2001

02. Runaway

03. Papercut

04. By Myself

05. Points Of Authority

06. High Voltage

07. Pushing Me Away

08. In The End

09. A Place For My Head

10. Forgotten

11. Crawling

12. One Step Closer

13. Papercut - BBC Jan. 11th., 2001 (on Crawling single)

14. A Place For My Head (Esaul) - Hybrid Theory demo '99

15. By Myself (SuperXero) - Hybrid Theory demo '99

16. High Voltage (REMIX) - "My December" demo 2001

17. My December - "One Step Closer" single (duhhh)

highlighted in red is the stuff I know I can't share out, is there anything else on there that I've missed...?

also, could someone please explain to me how on earth "Stick and Move" '98 from LPU9 can be considered a demo of Runaway!?

:huh:

Edited by SergSlim

also, could someone please explain to me how on earth "Stick and Move" '98 from LPU9 can be considered a demo of Runaway!?

:huh:

They share a main guitar riff. I guess in '98 LP began restructuring the rest of the song around the riff and got a completely different end result.

Is there a difference between ''Super Xero'' and ''Super Zero''? Does one not exist?

"Super Zero" was the demo of By Myself from the 9-track demo CD (the one without She Couldn't on it). That's the only one of the By Myself demos where it was spelled with a Z instead of an X. It does bear some slight differences from all of the other By Myself demos (I believe there are 4 different ones in total), but none of them differ too drastically from each other.

They share a main guitar riff. I guess in '98 LP began restructuring the rest of the song around the riff and got a completely different end result.

yeahhh i guess so... was just listening to it thinking - "what the...?" :lol:

thanks man!

EDIT: 888th - three fat ladies

Edited by LGraham

Anyone know where this came from?? And what song is it?

That's the intro from the Summer Sanitarium tour shows in 2003. The majority of the instrumental is sampled from Dead Skin Mask by Slayer, the speech at the beginning is from the movie Cromwell.

Most of HybridSoldierLP's Youtube videos are bullshit anyway. They either have fake titles/are intentionally mislabeled (as is the case here) or are completely fake tracks altogether. He deletes your comments as soon as you call him out on it too.

That's the intro from the Summer Sanitarium tour shows in 2003. The majority of the instrumental is sampled from Dead Skin Mask by Slayer, the speech at the beginning is from the movie Cromwell.

Most of HybridSoldierLP's Youtube videos are bullshit anyway. They either have fake titles/are intentionally mislabeled (as is the case here) or are completely fake tracks altogether. He deletes your comments as soon as you call him out on it too.

what a **** - i hate all this fake crap people put up.

if he deletes comments, go dislike his videos - nothing he can do about that

Like Sick. It's not a demo, it's Don't Stay with that Joan Baez poem at the start.

Also, on the video i mentioned, i wrote "Fake", and he hasn't removed it yet.

Edited by Eyeless

Like Sick. It's not a demo, it's Don't Stay with that Joan Baez poem at the start.

Also, on the video i mentioned, i wrote "Fake", and he hasn't removed it yet.

LOL most of his stuff sounds horrible... I actually kind of like what he did with some songs though, trying to make them sound like rough demos. I think Shifter and Sick both are kind of cool. The MTM ones though, sound nothing like LP and feature no vocals at all which is weird.

He also apparently missed the fact that the official working title for What I've Done was "Bang Three" and the demo was released on LPU 11, because he just uploaded a really poorly-made fake one (using the Guitar Hero multitracks) like 2 weeks ago, and it's still labeled with that stupid "Forgiveness" title that's been going around for ages. :lol:

He also apparently missed the fact that the official working title for What I've Done was "Bang Three" and the demo was released on LPU 11, because he just uploaded a really poorly-made fake one (using the Guitar Hero multitracks) like 2 weeks ago, and it's still labeled with that stupid "Forgiveness" title that's been going around for ages. :lol:

Yeah, that one is really bad. I'm surprised he didn't make ''demos'' for the rest of the MTM tracks. The remaining ones should be funny to hear.