Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody! I've got a question. Is someone has got that interview when Brad said that they rehearsed Carousel? Or a video when they rehearsed it.

Thanks for the answers!

http://onstagemag.com/ar/performance_linki...magic/index.htm was the link to the original article, but it doesn't work anymore. LPZion reposted it though: http://lpzion.org/artykuly/wywiady/57

Edited by Astat

http://onstagemag.com/ar/performance_linki...magic/index.htm was the link to the original article, but it doesn't work anymore. LPZion reposted it though: http://lpzion.org/artykuly/wywiady/57

Thanks for the link. Very interesting!

"Shinoda: The easiest way to get us in a bad mood is to start talking about being away from home a lot. We love being at home, so it's really hard - especially touring for 325 out of 365 days like we did last year"

Didn't we find out that this was bullshit? Why does Mike say that?

Thanks for the link. Very interesting!

"Shinoda: The easiest way to get us in a bad mood is to start talking about being away from home a lot. We love being at home, so it's really hard - especially touring for 325 out of 365 days like we did last year"

Didn't we find out that this was bullshit? Why does Mike say that?

That's the number of days they were on tour, not the number of shows they played. A lot of sources took that statistic and misquoted it as them having "played over 300 shows in 2001." When you factor in all the days in between shows where they're still on tour, a couple travel days at the beginning/end of each tour, and periods where they had a handful of days between the end of one tour and the start of the next where they probably didn't get to spend much time at home, my most conservative estimate of their touring schedule for '01 would be around 275 days, and that's with me not even knowing what their schedule for rehearsals, video shoots, etc. was, which would likely factor into that number as well.

What happened with this site ? :blink:

Ana called it quits on the site. It was becoming too much hassle for her to update and maintain seeing she was the only staff member. Sad because its another great LP Fan site that has bitten the dust.

Ana called it quits on the site. It was becoming too much hassle for her to update and maintain seeing she was the only staff member. Sad because its another great LP Fan site that has bitten the dust.

:( but actually, site was really good.

Ana, she is from Germany ?

What was the reason for canceling the whole European Tour 2003 starting with Rock am Ring and ending with madrid?

Chester was ill.

Edit: Bacterial disease. (It's not from an official source.)

Chester said for czech newspaper server Novinky.cz: "My problem is that I probably hernia and that she'll have to get rid of. Also, it concerns my esophagus."

Source: http://www.novinky.cz/kultura/14548-jsem-u...inkin-park.html

Edited by navabaca

On The Making Of Minutes To Midnight, Mike says something about how they start creating a song. He says that they often first record kind of 'mubled vocals' (that fits to the rythm, etc.) over a songs instrumental version, just to check how it would sounds or something like that.

So my question now is, if Fear (from LPU9) is such a song, because I can't figure out any lyrics and Mikes just mumbles senseless stuff :D

On The Making Of Minutes To Midnight, Mike says something about how they start creating a song. He says that they often first record kind of 'mubled vocals' (that fits to the rythm, etc.) over a songs instrumental version, just to check how it would sounds or something like that.

So my question now is, if Fear (from LPU9) is such a song, because I can't figure out any lyrics and Mikes just mumbles senseless stuff :D

yeah I think mike said in an interview about the song writing proces that this was evident on some of their demos released on LPU9, i think he refers to "fear" specifically

Was the piano in We Made It written by Mike or Busta Rhymes?

Well according to

Mike says that the main piano part was actually a Cool & Dre production. Also the fact that he was basically learning the piano part on the set of the video (and actually was playing it wrong for the first takes) kinda proves that he didn't write the piano piece.

Well according to

Mike says that the main piano part was actually a Cool & Dre production. Also the fact that he was basically learning the piano part on the set of the video (and actually was playing it wrong for the first takes) kinda proves that he didn't write the piano piece.

Alright thanks, that kind of sucks because I really love the piano in that song and was hoping it was from Mike.

I was wondering if the name 'Oppenheimer Intro' that LP played at some 2011 shows has something to do with the family Oppenheim from Germany who's famous for dealing with diamonds.

EDIT: Post No. 200 :D

Edited by Jats

ehm....It's called "Oppenheimer Intro" because the guy you can see on the screen during the intro is Robert Oppenheimer... the one who did that famous speech.

Julius Robert Oppenheimer (April 22, 1904 – February 18, 1967) was an American and professor of physics at the University of California, Berkeley. Along with Enrico Fermi, he is often called the "father of the atomic bomb" for his role in the Manhattan Project, the World War II project that developed the first nuclear weapons.The first atomic bomb was detonated on July 16, 1945 in the 'Trinity Test' in New Mexico; Oppenheimer remarked later that it brought to mind words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

cheers wikipedia! :lol:

Edited by LGraham