Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone give me some information on Mix Media

I tried to get information on it, there is none. Was Mix media made by mike and the group and stuff?

It was basically the "label" that Hybrid Theory put their music out under prior to getting signed by Warner. I don't think it was really an official organization or anything like that, probably just something they came up with because it sounds cooler/more professional to put your music out under a label with some kind of name, instead of say, "Hybrid Theory Records" or something like that.

It was basically the "label" that Hybrid Theory put their music out under prior to getting signed by Warner. I don't think it was really an official organization or anything like that, probably just something they came up with because it sounds cooler/more professional to put your music out under a label with some kind of name, instead of say, "Hybrid Theory Records" or something like that.

Okay, that makes sense. They mention it in a fair few songs. I guess its like when mike says 'Machine shop' in FM songs and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Did we ever get the missing track from Mike's VMAs score? I remember that someone brought it to his attention that track 3 was missing, but I don't remember it ever being resolved.

I'm assuming the missing track was "Hive," because he uploaded 100 Degrees under that title (but it's safe to assume that was an error, because that song was always called 100 Degrees, even when the "short version" of the VMA score came out in '05 and the full version on We Major hadn't come out yet). But nope, nothing ever became of that. I remember it being mentioned in comments on his blog, but he never acknowledged them.

Guest Inky

Are ''The Cure'' and ''The Cure For Mr. Hahn's Itch'' CONFIRMED demo titles for Cure For The Itch and Pushing Me Away? And what are the demo titles for each song on ATS? I'm trying to figure out the demo title for each track on all 4 studio albums, as well as Buried At Sea for Living Things.

So far I have...

Plaster - OSC

Now I See - With You

Points & Authority - Points Of Authority

Stick N Move - Runaway

Superxero - By Myself

The Untitled - In The End

Esaul - A Place For My Head

Rhinestone - Forgotten

The Cure - Cure For The Itch

The Cure For Mr.Hahn's Itch - Pushing Me Away

Sick - Don't Stay

Shifter - Somewhere I Belong

Faint - Faint

Figure.09 - Figure.09

Drawing - Breaking The Habit

WAKE Album Intro Idea - Wake

21 Stitches - Given Up

Fear or When My Times Comes - Leave Out All The Rest

Accident - Bleed It Out

Bang Three - What I've Done

Song Q - Hands Held High

Ebow or EBow Idea - No More Sorrow

Pictures - In Pieces

Drum Song - TLTGYA

Dingleberry - WTCFM

Robot Boy - Robot Boy

Meadowlands - WFTE

Buried At Sea - Burn It Down

What am I missing? I don't want to know demo titles for songs that never have been released or for songs that aren't on the 5 main albums.

Are ''The Cure'' and ''The Cure For Mr. Hahn's Itch'' CONFIRMED demo titles for Cure For The Itch and Pushing Me Away?

I would assume they would be since those were the titles on the back of that "for mastering" CD we got hold of a few months back.

I don't see why they'd give them different names purely for that disc. and also I think WB would have insisted that they change the names for the final release to differentiate betwen (what has become) Cure For The Itch and Pushing Me Away a bit better. i think labels quite like having songs where the title is the main chorus line - makes marketing easier...

Wasn't something along the lines of 'The Fog' mentioned to be the demo name for BITS?

Mike said let's listen to the FIVE and see what we think. And then "Burning In The Skies", an unnamed demo, "When They Come For Me", "Wretches And Kings", "Blackout", and another unnamed demo plays. That's six songs but i'm sure he said "lets listen to the five".

I would assume they would be since those were the titles on the back of that "for mastering" CD we got hold of a few months back.

I don't see why they'd give them different names purely for that disc. and also I think WB would have insisted that they change the names for the final release to differentiate betwen (what has become) Cure For The Itch and Pushing Me Away a bit better. i think labels quite like having songs where the title is the main chorus line - makes marketing easier...

Pretty sure "The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch" was the working title for CFTI and "The Cure" was just some kind of labeling error on the CD. It makes no sense for those titles to be arranged the way they are, as the longer of the two is clearly the CFTI demo title, but it was used on track 12, which was PMA.

Pretty sure "The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch" was the working title for CFTI and "The Cure" was just some kind of labeling error on the CD. It makes no sense for those titles to be arranged the way they are, as the longer of the two is clearly the CFTI demo title, but it was used on track 12, which was PMA.

meh! could have been - guys in offices mishearing stuff on phones. I'm sure that happens...

Saw this for the first time. Lol'd.

gotta admit, so did I ;)

Also, here's a full list of working titles:

Plaster - One Step Closer

Now I See - With You

Oh No/Points & Authority - Points of Authority

Stick N Move - Runaway

Sad/Super Xero/Super Zero - By Myself

Untitled - In the End (pretty sure it was always just "Untitled," not "The Untitled")

Esaul - A Place for My Head (one demo CD also listed the song as "Esaul (A Place for My Head)")

Rhinestone - Forgotten

The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch - Cure for the Itch

Sick - Don't Stay

Drawing - Breaking the Habit

WAKE Album Intro Idea - Wake

21 Stitches - Given Up (21 Stitches also originated from a discarded track called "Fire in the City")

Fear/When My Time Comes - Leave Out All the Rest

Accident - Bleed it Out

Bang Three - What I've Done

Song Q - Hands Held High

Ebow Idea/Ebow - No More Sorrow

Pictures - In Pieces

Drum Song - The Little Things Give You Away

Patients/No Roads Left But One - No Roads Left

Japan - Across the Line

Megatron - New Divide

Dingleberry - When They Come For Me

Meadowlands - Waiting For the End

Pac Manny - Blackout

Buried At Sea - Burn it Down

Working titles that stuck (I'm only listing confirmed ones here):

Faint

Figure.09

Shadow of the Day

Robot Boy

Iridescent

Dead By Sunrise working titles:

N2U - Into You

Darkness - In the Darkness

"Shifter" was never confirmed as a working title for Somewhere I Belong, it was only mentioned in one interview dating from January of 2003, along with two other tentative track titles from Meteora (the other ones mentioned were "Nocturnal" and Breaking the Habit). It's still never been confirmed if Shifter and Nocturnal were working titles for songs that made the album or if they never made the cut. A lot of people started making guesses as to what they could be, the most popular ones were that Shifter became SIB and Nocturnal became Numb, and for some reason Shifter started getting attributed to SIB after that.

Guest Inky

you MAD-MAN!!

:lol:

LOL this is my like my ultimate dream and wish in life! I'd pay ridiculous amounts of money to have these!! Seeds and demos from the MTM sessions.

We should get LP to release all 150 songs written for MTM.

Oh, if only, if only...

Some of them are probably really horrible though. Actually, I think most of them might be pretty horrible.

LOL this is my like my ultimate dream and wish in life! I'd pay ridiculous amounts of money to have these!! Seeds and demos from the MTM sessions.

We've gotten plenty of stuff from the MTM sessions. I obviously wouldn't object to more, but the "non-album stuff" from the first 3 albums has become a lot more common in recent years, especially with the last few LPU CDs. I'm really interested in hearing some outtakes from the ATS sessions.