Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are ALL the movies that LP has been featured in? So far I have this list...

Valentine? (I don't know the name) - Pushing Me Away

Dracula 2000 - Pushing Me Away (I think)

The Matrix Reloaded - Session

Little Nicky - Points Of Authority

Crank 2: High Voltage - Given Up? I think it was used in the trailer

Transformers - What I've Done

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen - New Divide

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon - Iridescent

Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Powerless

Miami Vice - Numb/Encore

SWAT - Figure.09?

Twilight - Leave Out All The Rest

What else was there?

Edited by Geki

Here's everything that's been on a soundtrack release:

Little Nicky - Points of Authority

Dracula 2000 - One Step Closer

Valentine - Pushing Me Away

The One - Papercut

The Matrix Reloaded - Session

S.W.A.T. - Figure.09

Transformers - What I've Done

Twilight - Leave Out All the Rest

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - New Divide

Resident Evil: Afterlife - The Catalyst

Transformers Dark of the Moon - Iridescent (Transformers Mix)

Underworld Awakening - Blackout (Renholder Remix)

Here's things where there were songs in the movie/tv show but I'm unsure of soundtrack status:

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven - Rhinestone

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Powerless

And things I'm unsure about but Wikipedia says is right:

Riding Giants - Don't Stay

Also:

Underworld Evolution - Chester Bennington - Morning After (Julien-K Remix)

Saw 3D - Dead By Sunrise - Condemned

and Remember the Name by Fort Minor has been used in a ton of trailers (unknown to me if it's been on a soundtrack or in a movie though)

edit: Remember the Name has been used in trailers for:

- Gridiron Gang

- Friday Night Lights TV series

- Pride

- Fighting

- Karate Kid (2010 version)

edit 2:

Given Up was used in the trailer for Crank 2

Numb/Encore was used in the trailer for Miami Vice

Edited by leftshoe18

I don't know if this has been asked before.

Here it is anyways:

Why does the Living Things booklet say that LP uses Ibanez? I thought they use only PRS and Fenders now.

I got a question in addition to that:

Why are the booklets lying anyway ? Some Lyrics aren't correct or incomplete, who prints or writes these things ?

Why are the booklets lying anyway ? Some Lyrics aren't correct or incomplete, who prints or writes these things ?

That's quite a common issue with lyric booklets. Often they'll just have someone listen to the songs and write what they hear as the lyrics, which obviously will not always be accurate.

Must be particularly difficult for death metal albums...

That's quite a common issue with lyric booklets. Often they'll just have someone listen to the songs and write what they hear as the lyrics, which obviously will not always be accurate.

Must be particularly difficult for death metal albums...

off topic: but i wonder how the scared little office guy works out the lyrics to a death metal album - "URURRRUUUUIIYRUURUR"

back to topic: Jats, where is the booklet incorrect?

I've been wondering about sharing out a CD I got a few years ago ("Live at BBC") for download

Posted Image

this is the track listing:

01. With You - tracks 1-12 recorded BBC Studio, Maida Vale Sept. 14th., 2001

02. Runaway

03. Papercut

04. By Myself

05. Points Of Authority

06. High Voltage

07. Pushing Me Away

08. In The End

09. A Place For My Head

10. Forgotten

11. Crawling

12. One Step Closer

13. Papercut - BBC Jan. 11th., 2001 (on Crawling single)

14. A Place For My Head (Esaul) - Hybrid Theory demo '99

15. By Myself (SuperXero) - Hybrid Theory demo '99

16. High Voltage (REMIX) - "My December" demo 2001

17. My December - "One Step Closer" single (duhhh)

highlighted in red is the stuff I know I can't share out, is there anything else on there that I've missed...?

also, could someone please explain to me how on earth "Stick and Move" '98 from LPU9 can be considered a demo of Runaway!?

:huh:

Kind of an old question, I know, but Points was on the Papercut single and In the End was on it's single. Not sure if that's the show you're talking about, but Papercut live from BBC is from the same performance as the other two I mentioned.

http://lplive.net/shows/20010111-1.php

They sometimes change the lyrics after they've already printed them out on paper. I think that's what Mike says.

Edited by Aiman

Here it is anyways:

Why does the Living Things booklet say that LP uses Ibanez? I thought they use only PRS and Fenders now.

On stage they might mainly use PRS and Fenders (they used to play Ibanez's more during their Hybrid Theory/Meteora years) , but they could be using Ibanez's for studio use only.

Also, I think the reason that lyrics in the booklets are often wrong is because the printing companies or whatever need to start making album booklets/covers a few months before album release and so the band sends lyrics which often change by the time the album releases.

Yes but albums are usually done a few months before the release too. Like Ducko already explained, a lot of the time the bands don't submit their lyrics directly (i think LP does that actually) and some random person types up the lyrics. Mistakes happen, websites, books, newspapers have typos too.

Kind of an old question, I know, but Points was on the Papercut single and In the End was on it's single. Not sure if that's the show you're talking about, but Papercut live from BBC is from the same performance as the other two I mentioned.

http://lplive.net/shows/20010111-1.php

yeah I think I've mixed up alot of tracks from shows that are labelled "Live at BBC Radio1" since there were two shows...

that's something I really need to go and fix in my iTunes files (sigh)

Here it is anyways:

Brad still uses the Ibanez LF-7 pedal as part of his live rig.

For example, when LP wrote the booklet for MTM, it was when they finished up at Laurel, before they even went to NRG. The introduction says straight up that they haven't even finished the album before they wrote the booklet. Some of the lyrics for Given Up and No More Sorrow were probably the demo lyrics, not the final product, like Mike said. Given Up had ''I'm sick of living'' instead of ''I'm sick of feeling'', it also had ''Looking for help somehow, somewhere and you don't care'' while the final product says ''And no one cares''. It's even more interesting that Chester said ''you don't care'' in Athens, Greece in 2009, maybe it really was the demo lyrics.

Also for NMS, it said ''Your campaign's a disguise'' and it had a few other variations, same with BIO, I'm just took lazy to look them up right now. So basically, the band writes the lyrics and they change sometimes for the final product.

Some of the lyrics for Given Up and No More Sorrow were probably the demo lyrics, not the final product, like Mike said. Given Up had ''I'm sick of living'' instead of ''I'm sick of feeling'', it also had ''Looking for help somehow, somewhere and you don't care'' while the final product says ''And no one cares''.

Also for NMS, it said ''Your campaign's a disguise'' and it had a few other variations, same with BIO, I'm just took lazy to look them up right now. So basically, the band writes the lyrics and they change sometimes for the final product.

Interesting, I've never noticed those until now. I definitely prefer the actual lyrics to to the booklet ones.

What year did Jim Digby become tour manager for LP? I remember he was in a Summer Sonic video helping Mike with his in ear moniters, that was in 2006. But I also remember some guy with really long blondeish hair being in a lot of 2007 videos and years prior. Anyone know? I'm confused. Was Jim there since 2000?