Quick question? Ask here!

Did Mike and Chester re-record their vocal parts for Reanimation or the existing vocal tracks used in Hybrid Theory were manipulated?

Another one : To what extent were the featured artists involved in "reanimating" the tracks? Did the process involve multiple artists to submit their versions of the tracks to the band for selection or did the band ask the artists themselves to contribute some parts and the major remixing stuff was done by the band themselves?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did Mike and Chester re-record their vocal parts for Reanimation or the existing vocal tracks used in Hybrid Theory were manipulated?

Another one : To what extent were the featured artists involved in "reanimating" the tracks? Did the process involve multiple artists to submit their versions of the tracks to the band for selection or did the band ask the artists themselves to contribute some parts and the major remixing stuff was done by the band themselves?

I think some of them were re-recorded. And the remixing process involved many submissions and then the band selected their favorites from them.

The answer to both of those is that it varied greatly from track to track. Here's a list of what I remember...

Re-recorded vocal parts:

ENTH E ND - Mike's verses

FRGT/10 - Mike's verses

P5HNG ME A*WY - Chester's chorus vocals

WTH>YOU - All of Mike/Chester's vocals

RNW@Y - Chester's verses

BY_MYSLF - All of Mike/Chester's vocals

The majority of the remixing was done by whoever is listed on the back cover before the "featuring" part of each track. The band got involved with a few tracks and made some pretty substantial edits (the primary example that comes to mind is how Brad is credited as an additional producer on PTS.OF.ATHRTY, and a lot of that track changed from Jay Gordon's original remix). Certain band members contributed additional instruments on various songs (Phoenix played bass on BY_MYSLF, Joe did scratching on FRGT/10, Mike and Brad both did guitars on P5HNG ME A*WY, etc.), but most of the "edits" they did after getting the remixes from the original artists were relatively minor things they would've done in the mixing/sequencing phase with guys like Andy Wallace and Brian "Big Bass" Gardner.

And yeah, the band got more submissions than what wound up on the album, so they had to do some paring down to get to the final tracklisting. That's why people like Z-Trip and Team Sleep were announced as having contributed to the album but aren't on it.

i've noticed to this a while ago:

"FREE LINKIN PARK SONG: “COMPLIMENTARY” BY MIKE SHINODA FOR STAGELIGHT"

why to mention that mike created it if it's linkin park song?

The band has a tendency of throwing the "Linkin Park" name on any music their members create these days, unless it's specifically for a solo project.

Edited by Astat

Could anybody help me name the songs present in Mike Shinoda's Nu Metal mixtape?

Here's what I've got so far (in order of appearance):

01. ???

02. Disturbed - Down With The Sickness

03. Trust Company - ???

04. Drowning Pool - Bodies

05. Deftones - Back To School (Mini Maggit)

06. P.O.D. - Set It Off

07. Trapt - Headstrong

08. Korn - Freak On A Leash

09. Vanilla Ice - ???

10. Limp Bizkit - Nookie

11. Crazy Town - Butterfly

12. Papa Roach - Last Resort

13. Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

14. Disturbed - Stupify

15. Nonpoint - Back Up

16. Snot - My Balls

17. ???

18. Linkin Park - One Step Closer

19. Kid Rock - Bawitdaba

20. Kittie - Brackish

21. ???

22. Slipknot - Spit It Out

23. Mudvayne - Dig

24. Static-X - Push It

Edited by lpliveusername

• Fieldy's Dreams-Baby Hugh Hef
  • Disturbed-Down with the Sickness
  • Trust Company-Downfall (BG: Linkin Park - Pushing me Away)
  • Drowning Pool-Bodies
  • Deftones-Back to School
  • P.O.D.-Set it Off
  • Trapt-Headstrong
  • KoRn-Freak on a Leash
  • Limp Bizkit-Nookie
  • Vanilla Ice-Too Cold/Ice Ice Baby (Flow is the same as the Original and the instrumental does not really sound like in Too Cold)
  • Limp Bizkit-Nookie
  • Crazy Town-Butterfly
  • Papa Roach-Last Resort
  • Evanescence-Bring Me to Life
  • Disturbed-Stupify
  • Nonpoint-Back Up (?)
  • Snot-My Balls
  • Fear Factory-Digimortal
  • One Step Closer-Linkin Park
  • Kid Rock-Bawitdaba
  • Kittie-Brackish
  • Powerman 5000-When Worlds Collide
  • Slipknot-Spit it Out
  • Mudvayne-Dig
  • Static-X-Push It

Just listened to "Songs from the Underground" and came across "Announcement Service Public".

What is Chester singing? Is it backwards?

Yeah, it's backwards. Chester is screaming

YOU SHOULD BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND YOU SHOULD WASH YOUR HANDS

Just listened to "Songs from the Underground" and came across "Announcement Service Public".

What is Chester singing? Is it backwards?

Yes, it is. Just like the title. If you reverse the song, you will hear Chester saying "you should brush your teeth and you should wash your hands". :lol:

Edit:

wow! Sorry, I didn't know the question had already be answered.

Edited by lpliveusername

Yes, it is. Just like the title. If you reverse the song, you will hear Chester saying "you should brush your teeth and you should wash your hands". :lol:

Edit:

wow! Sorry, I didn't know the question had already be answered.

Like three times XD

So there's a lot of promotional stuff going around for the Grammy's, and there are posters stating "The World is Listening" that have LP on them.

Here's a pic of one:

Posted Image

That's from Chicago, and there's been a couple more in NYC.

Anybody know what it's for? Is LP performing or are they nominated?

ive been going through alot of threads trying to find out what 'pictureboard' is and the story behind it etc.

can someone point me in the right direction or tell me what the hype behind it is about?

Pictureboard is an old Xero song they may have played back in 2000. I really don't understand the hype about it, though. It may be the 'In Yourself/Be Yourself' thing from RIP/RAR 2001.

ive been going through alot of threads trying to find out what 'pictureboard' is and the story behind it etc.

can someone point me in the right direction or tell me what the hype behind it is about?

It is a Xero song mentioned by Mike Shinoda during a LPU chat in 2005. You can see the original quote here.