Quick question? Ask here!

Rock am Ring 07 had a total number of about 82k vistors. But there's not 82k in front of the main stage, more like 50k maybe, the other bulk of people is in front of the alterna stage.

With crowd sizes it should be differentiated between LP's own headline shows and festivals or other big events.

There's estimates for Live 8 Philly for up to about 1 million people. So if LP didn't show up it wouldn't have made much of a difference, on the other hand LP alone wouldn't attact a crowd of 1 million.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rock am Ring 07 had a total number of about 82k vistors. But there's not 82k in front of the main stage, more like 50k maybe, the other bulk of people is in front of the alterna stage.

With crowd sizes it should be differentiated between LP's own headline shows and festivals or other big events.

There's estimates for Live 8 Philly for up to about 1 million people. So if LP didn't show up it wouldn't have made much of a difference, on the other hand LP alone wouldn't attact a crowd of 1 million.

Aha. I see now.

Thanks.

Edit:

Who is Riff Raff and why is he on Reanimation?

He doesn't sing/rap/play in any track from the album.

All I know is he's a DJ and his first name is Ron. I'd assume he's from New York, given that Uniondale was his only guest appearance. I literally have never been able to find any info on this guy anywhere online. He's not the same "RiFF RaFF" that's more well-established.

He's on Reanimation because he happened to call Mike asking when Joe Hahn was going to give him back his keyboard. :lol:

Edited by Astat

Any of you guys know what is that speech from the beginning of High Voltage ? It also appeared in some of the 2000-2001 Papercut intros.

Is it a rip from a movie or something ?

Edited by Oolon

Any idea about chester's longest scream live in "GIVEN UP"?

Burning in the skies & Castle of glass,instrumental breaks ,both from mike,why not brad?

1) Check out the Third Encore Session from AOL.

2) I think you're referring to the solo's? Mike recorded most of the guitar parts of A Thousand Suns and Living Things, so perhaps that's why.

Burning in the skies & Castle of glass,instrumental breaks ,both from mike,why not brad?

The Burning in the Skies solo is actually Brad on the album (Mike plays it completely different live). The reason they arranged the guitars like that for the live version is because Brad plays that clean fingerpicked part throughout most of the song, which Mike probably wouldn't be able to do and sing at the same time.

I think the "Mike records most of the guitar parts" theory is a little bit exaggerated. At least on A Thousand Suns, there's a lot of stuff that Brad definitely played. Living Things is a bit harder to tell in most cases. I think Mike WRITES a lot of the guitar parts but they still use Brad a lot during the final recording stage. I'd imagine Mike writes some guitar stuff that Brad would be better at than him.

All the obvious performances like AOL Sessions, Third Encore, Stripped Music, BBC, etc. But at an actual concert in front of a crowd, he did it at Selma, TX 2007, Columbus, OH 2008 and Montreal, Ontario, Canada 2008 as well. He also tried to attempt it the night he broke his wrist in Melbourne 2007 but couldn't pull it off so he just screamed ''You fucking ready'' before the final chorus.

All the obvious performances like AOL Sessions, Third Encore, Stripped Music, BBC, etc. But at an actual concert in front of a crowd, he did it at Selma, TX 2007, Columbus, OH 2008 and Montreal, Ontario, Canada 2008 as well. He also tried to attempt it the night he broke his wrist in Melbourne 2007 but couldn't pull it off so he just screamed ''You fucking ready'' before the final chorus.

I completely forgot how legit Chester's screams were at that Melbourne show. Adrenaline mixed with the pain of a broken wrist will do that to you! Would've been the most epic thing ever if he pulled off the Given Up scream that night.

The Burning in the Skies solo is actually Brad on the album (Mike plays it completely different live). The reason they arranged the guitars like that for the live version is because Brad plays that clean fingerpicked part throughout most of the song, which Mike probably wouldn't be able to do and sing at the same time.

I think the "Mike records most of the guitar parts" theory is a little bit exaggerated. At least on A Thousand Suns, there's a lot of stuff that Brad definitely played. Living Things is a bit harder to tell in most cases. I think Mike WRITES a lot of the guitar parts but they still use Brad a lot during the final recording stage. I'd imagine Mike writes some guitar stuff that Brad would be better at than him.

Yes,that's a good answer.I was also thinking about it that mike is also singing so it's difficult for him to play that one.Thankyou

I completely forgot how legit Chester's screams were at that Melbourne show. Adrenaline mixed with the pain of a broken wrist will do that to you! Would've been the most epic thing ever if he pulled off the Given Up scream that night.

Yeah that would have been the most epic LP show of all time if he did that. Haha. Not only did he play the entire show with a broken wrist pretty much (He broke it like 4 songs in the set), he would have also completed the full Given Up scream, too. I still think it's probably one of the best LP shows, though.