Quick question? Ask here!

What's the source of that HDtracks of Linkin Park albums? The quality of them is better than CD rips of the albums? How is that possible?

HDtracks gets masters directly from record labels for their releases. They're a HUGE company that's been doing this stuff for years. They have all 5 of LP's albums, and with the exception of Living Things, they're all in high-resolution 24-bit, 48kHz audio: https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=art...il&id=10140

I bought A Thousand Suns off of HDtracks like 2 years ago and they already had the other 3 albums released before it on there, so they've had LP stuff for quite a while.

The quality isn't THAT much better than a lossless CD rip (16-bit audio at 44.1kHz). An HDtracks recording isn't magically going to make an album sound like it was re-recorded in a better studio or anything, what you get is a product that is enhanced slightly because it's not subject to the limitations of other popular mediums that music is distrubuted through (CDs and lossy music download services like iTunes).

Edited by Astat

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

two versions? :D

so it's like that (i think): in "standing in the middle" BMI Work #8115077 the publishers is NOG NOD that lead us to their site, and there i searched for info and i found the Kutmasta Kurt section. here's the quote:

Bay Area songwriter/DJ/artist/producer and underground hip hop pioneer Kutmasta Kurt is best known for his collaborations with Kool Keith on albums such as "Dr. Octagon", "Sex Style" and a handful of others, but he’s also cut tracks with Dilated Peoples, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda and Motion Man.

not linkin park - linkin park's mike shinoda.

now you say this is not Enth E ND, so why i mention KutMusta Kurt? he also credited in "Standing In The Middle" under his real name Maltin Kurt.

my best guess: first entry, only Linkin Park - for LPU4. second entry - Kutmusta Kurt/Motion Man canceled release.

Edited by Skipees

What LP music videos did Mr. Hahn direct?

In The End

Points Of Authority

Pts.Of.Athrty

Kyur4 Th Ich

Somewhere I Belong

Numb

From The Inside

Breakin The Habit

What I've Done

Blead It Out

Shadow Of The Day

Leave Out All The Rest

New Divide

The Catalyst

Waiting For The End

Burning In The Skies

Iridescent

Burn It Down

Papercut - Nathan "Karma" Cox & Joe Hahn credited.

Given Up - Mark Fiore & Linkin Park credited.

And what ones were not directed by him?

The rest :lol: :lol: :lol:

What LP music videos did Mr. Hahn direct? And what ones were not directed by him?

Reanimation videos:

Opening: Mr.Hahn

Pts.Of.Athrty: Nathan Karma Cox

Enth E Nd: Jason Goldwach

[Chali]: Mr.Hahn

Frgt/10: Joshua Cordes

P5hng Me A*wy: Scott Patton

Plc.4 Mie Hæd: Shawn M.Foster

X-Ecutioner Style: David Zager

H! Vltg3: Estevan Oriol

[Riff Raff]: Mr.Hahn

Wth>You: Ryan Thompson

Ntr\Mssion: Mr.Hahn

Ppr:Kut: Mike Piscatelli

Rnw@y: Kimo Proudfoot

My

[stef]: Mr.Hahn

By_Myslf: Matt Bass

Kyur4 Th Ich: Mr.Hahn

1stp Klosr: Shaun Smith

Krwlng: Jonathan Ruppel

A.06 had lyrics at one point? Why the hell didn't we get that version on LPU 9?

I'm willing to bet a lot of the LPU instrumental demos had vocals at one point or another. Just listen to Homecoming from LPU12 for example, you can TELL that it had vocals. Who knows why they don't release those versions.

Anyways, really interesting news about A6. I never would have thought that vocal clip was for A.06/A-Six/A6 originally. Awesome discovery Hahninator!!

An early 2003 LPU chat with Brad:

"according to Brad, "just drag it out, remember" is from a song called "A6" which will be on the LPU 2.0 cd."

Looks like it was from A.06 with lyrics.

wow! Awesome to know that! Thank you very much!

Do you happen to have the full chat transcription?

I'm willing to bet a lot of the LPU instrumental demos had vocals at one point or another. Just listen to Homecoming from LPU12 for example, you can TELL that it had vocals. Who knows why they don't release those versions.

Probably because the only time they ever did release demos with rough vocals (Fear/Drum Song), everyone bitched about how they wanted demos with real words instead. A lot of the "instrumental" demos we've gotten on the last 3 LPU CDs, particularly ones from MTM or later, probably had scat vocals on them that they purposely muted out because of the overwhelmingly negative reaction to Fear and Drum Song.

Probably because the only time they ever did release demos with rough vocals (Fear/Drum Song), everyone bitched about how they wanted demos with real words instead. A lot of the "instrumental" demos we've gotten on the last 3 LPU CDs, particularly ones from MTM or later, probably had scat vocals on them that they purposely muted out because of the overwhelmingly negative reaction to Fear and Drum Song.

really?

god! i fucking love scat vocals, really, the na na na bride of Fear sounds very cute

Yes that was the biggest audience, the biggest Linkin Park show is still Brazil 04 i think. We just recently added the note to the Live 8 page that this was the largest crowd. I'm not sure if the stuff about Brazil is still correct though.