Quick question? Ask here!

he sang "take it all aw.. c'mon" vs. "give it all away".. consider that jay-z not listen to the band b-sides everyday, so he can easily mistake with the lyrics.

just wondering..

He was just complaining about how hot it was lmao.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Collision Course DVD, between 12:34 to 12:45 you can hear Jay-Z sing rap version of "My December", any info about that?

...He clearly sings "Taking over, c'mon!" there. It's a line from "Five to One" by The Doors, which was sampled in Jay-Z's song "Takeover" in 2001.

No idea how you got My December from that. :lol:

Edited by Astat

Is there any information on Complimentary, Bruiser or Space Station? I know they were included on the Stagelight Software, but is there any info about these 3 songs? What era they're from? I assume that Complimentary was made in December 2012 because Mike basically through it together for the software like he did in 2008 with Lockjaw and Protools. I have heard people say Bruiser is from the ATS sessions, but I'm not sure if it's true or not. As for Space Station, sounds like it could be from the ATS sessions as well, but not sure. I've always been interested in these.

Is there any information on Complimentary, Bruiser or Space Station? I know they were included on the Stagelight Software, but is there any info about these 3 songs? What era they're from? I assume that Complimentary was made in December 2012 because Mike basically through it together for the software like he did in 2008 with Lockjaw and Protools. I have heard people say Bruiser is from the ATS sessions, but I'm not sure if it's true or not. As for Space Station, sounds like it could be from the ATS sessions as well, but not sure. I've always been interested in these.

Bruiser was originally a demo track for Music OS on the Linkin Park Edition Dell computers that came out in June of 2012, so it's definitely a "Living Things sessions or earlier" song. I THINK Bruiser is built around some of the unused MPC/guitar samples that were recorded for Wretches and Kings, but I'm not sure if the song itself was put together during the ATS sessions or sometime later.

Hybrid Theory is dedicated to the music they make and the listeners who support them. Blending hardcore rock, hip-hop, and electronic music, Hybrid Theory has established a sound that is difficult to classify, but easy to identify. The LA-based band combines provoking rhymes and melodic vocals with neck-snapping beats, vicious guitar riffs, and dizzying scratches.

Friends since school, Hybrid Theory's members chose their name to best describe their vision. "We are a constantly evolving experiment," says emcee Mike Shinoda. "Our goal is to bring seemingly distant elements together," he adds, describing both the band's sound and its fan base.

Since its inception in 1996, Hybrid Theory has attracted a diverse and dedicated following. Its grassroots fan base has grown rapidly, fueled by the efforts of hundreds of street teamers across the country, hardcore listeners committed to promoting the band.

Hybrid Theory are Rob Bourdon (drums), Joseph Hahn (turntables, samples), Brad Delson (guitars), Mike Shinoda (vocals) and Chester Bennington (vocals). Hybrid Theory will soon release a five song EP and will be touring the US West Coast this May. Currently, the band is working on their first full length CD, due out on in late Summer 2000.

For updated news, tour dates, and pictures, visit Hybrid Theory's website at www.hybridtheory.com, or e-mail the band at hybridtheory@yahoo.com. Hybrid Theory's manager, Rob McDermott at Andy Gould Management, can be contacted at (323) 850-2333.

so the five tracks EP it's probably Hybrid Theory EP, it was released in 01.05.1999 and than they was touring the US West Coast. lol Hybrid Theory EP Tour.

how many shows counted as tour?

any other info about that?

Edited by Skipees

so the five tracks EP it's probably Hybrid Theory EP, it was released in 01.05.1999 and than they was touring the US West Coast. lol Hybrid Theory EP Tour.

Yes that's the Hybrid Theory EP. The band has almost always referred to it as a "five-track/song EP" in interviews over the years, despite it being 6 tracks with 7 total songs on it.

We basically have no clue about the band's touring schedule prior to the June 2000 Coconut Teaser show because the Web Archive doesn't go back farther than April of 2000 for hybridtheory.com (even though the website existed for at least a year prior to that). There are probably dozens of Hybrid Theory shows we don't have listed.

Edited by Astat

http://woco21.webs.com/index.htm

Are these the same?

No differences between the first two editions (sound-wise). I believe the signed copies sold on eBay were just leftover 2001 copies? If it was properly reissued in 2010, it should have been the remixed/remastered version that Sean had been working on for years (most of which was released on LPA several years ago).

Edited by Astat

I'd say maybe like 20 shows? It's really hard to figure out. It got to the point where you really can't find the stuff on the internet anymore. The only chance I see is maybe old magazines, fliers or newspapers, that locals check out in libraries or whatever, unless some official source ever turns up.

Also a lot of the really small clubs they played back then don't exist anymore and/or many of them had no website back then.

I think the band also mentioned in several interviews that they played like 50 so called label shows till they finally got picked up by a label.

I'd say maybe like 20 shows? It's really hard to figure out.

I think the band also mentioned in several interviews that they played like 50 so called label shows till they finally got picked up by a label.

and i was glad when i've found two.. still a lot of work.

I've asked before, but when my computer lost all the data last year, I also lost this. Does anyone have the LPU photo journal pics?? :unsure:

From 2006? During the recording of MTM?

I really wish I would have grabbed those. And I wish they would have done them for ATS and LT. I'd love to see those if anyone has them. There were really cool ones there, like even the Brazil 2004 setlist and stuff.

From 2006? During the recording of MTM?

I really wish I would have grabbed those. And I wish they would have done them for ATS and LT. I'd love to see those if anyone has them. There were really cool ones there, like even the Brazil 2004 setlist and stuff.

Yes, those. Haha. They were such awesome pics. Really cool stuff. I think the span of the journal was from April of 2006 up until January of 2007. So basically the whole MTM recording process. I hope someone on this site has them.. I know someone once uploaded them for me here a few years back, but I don't remember who or what thread. And ever since my computer crashed last year, I lost ALL of them. Sucks!!

Wow. Try searching and seeing if you can find what thread it was. Maybe search your own posts or something. Those would be great to have. I always thought that they were lost with time. I tried to get Adam to reupload them to the LPU in like 2009 but had no luck.

Wow. Try searching and seeing if you can find what thread it was. Maybe search your own posts or something. Those would be great to have. I always thought that they were lost with time. I tried to get Adam to reupload them to the LPU in like 2009 but had no luck.

Really? Damn. I wish he had re-uploaded them. Haha. For some reason, I think it was SergSlim who uploaded them, but I don't remember very well. I will search high and low for these. Definitely some awesome exclusive pics that are cool to have.

EDIT: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6887

After posting this, I believe I was PMed a link to download them. I don't see why we can't share these, they're just photos after all, and tons of LPU photos have ended up on google images and shit. I don't think anyone would care. Also, these have been non-existent since early 2007 and the LPU forums nowadays are garbage IMO. So if anyone has these, please help us! Lol.

Edited by Geki

My old avatar! Forgot all about this.

These pictures bring back some great memories haha. I wonder if that Korean news team ever aired their studio footage from that period of time.

Must have been so awesome to have been holed up at that studio for months. Such a neat place to record a CD. Also Geki there's lots of pics of Ethan in that album.

shinodaavatar.jpg