Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More than those two shows had Wake into Lying From You. I think LA had it too and maybe even others.

Wake 2.0 didn't have any appearances without Given Up as far as I know.

Unrelated, all performances of Session in 2009 went into Given Up, except the Shanghai show where they forced the band to drop it. So it went into From The Inside at that show, which is what Wake went into in Chula Vista in 2007. I just thought it was interesting that both Wake and Session have gone into From The Inside once.

thanks for info :) And Wake 2.0 did not have this special perfomances? :)

When did Rob last played this drum part 2:02

I think he is not actually playing it :ph34r:

I think he never played this part, sounds like a sample to me.

Kinda of both correct.

Rob does play this with his sample kick pedal and a rimshot snare. No highhat though.

You can kinda see it in these videos...

@ 2:04

@ 1:51

Also note, he doesn't actually play this part in the music video. He just poors water all over himself haha.

I know there not legal here so don't think I'm asking for them but...

Have New Divide/SOTD/BTH/BID been cracked into multitracks yet? Just saves me from continually searching the internet.

yes.

---

Simplistic was signed before the name was changed to Machine Shop.

and they released something under "The Shinoda Imprint"? or better question, what was released under the band labels?

Not exactly a question, I doubt many of you will care, but if anyone follows the guitar parts in LP, I think I've found a new guitar part in I'll Be Gone. It comes in halfway through the verses and it sounds like a little random piece they just threw in, you can't hear it unless you listen to the instrumental, even then it's extremely inaudible, I put the track in Audacity and messed with some stuff and got a good listen on it and I think I have it, I'll post a video or something on my YT channel if anyone's interested on giving feedback. I do have a question, though, did Brad use D Sonics in all of his guitars during Meteora or even HT? Does anyone know EXACTLY what pickups he used? Thank you.

What's the name of the app that joe used to make those weird panoramas that he tweeted during the show on HCT?

I think on iPhone 5 you can just do it normally with the camera. My friend sends those pics to me of DMB shows he goes to and he doesn't use an app.

Not exactly a question, I doubt many of you will care, but if anyone follows the guitar parts in LP, I think I've found a new guitar part in I'll Be Gone. It comes in halfway through the verses and it sounds like a little random piece they just threw in, you can't hear it unless you listen to the instrumental, even then it's extremely inaudible, I put the track in Audacity and messed with some stuff and got a good listen on it and I think I have it, I'll post a video or something on my YT channel if anyone's interested on giving feedback. I do have a question, though, did Brad use D Sonics in all of his guitars during Meteora or even HT? Does anyone know EXACTLY what pickups he used? Thank you.

Yeah, I've had a few people comment on that. I'm pretty sure it's like a 3-note loop on an acoustic guitar, I'm just not sure on the notes yet.

The whole deal with the D Sonics was basically just done because of an endorsement with that particular DiMarzio pickup model during the Meteora era. Brad VERY briefly used one on his main red soldier PRS, and they found their way into a couple other guitars too (the orange Ibanez used on With You/Runaway, the red "4-string" PRS used on Figure.09, and at least one of Mike's custom-painted Ibanez RG's). None of those guitars had D Sonics in them by 2005 though. LP still uses other DiMarzio pickups in a lot of their non-PRS guitars...Brad's always been a big Tone Zone/Area 58 user, Chester and Mike use Chopper T's in most of their Green Guitar Project guitars, and a lot of Brad and Mike's Strats (save for the Rory Gallagher tribute models) have Virtual Vintage and/or Virtual Solo pickups. I think Mike's PRS SE One models also have the P90 version of the Tone Zone in them.

The LP community is dead lately and I thought this would be funny for some Chester/BOW fans out there. I found some comments from people online who attended the infamous Albuquerque show, where Chester and Bucket Of Weenies was kicked off stage and also kicked off the tour. Man I would kill for some audio/video from this show. Apparently someone threw ice at him, which caused this all to happen. Anyways, here are some comments below...

''Bucket of Weenies – a compilation band of killer musicians featuring Chester Bennington (Linkin Park), Mike Brown (TSOL), Sean Dowdell (Grey Daze), Ryan Shuck (Orgy), and Mike Rouse (The Johns). They get into a fight with the audience because somebody threw a piece of ice at them and then start dissing Camel – always a good move when you’ve just been paid $20,000 to perform.''

''I mean I had a great time, Joe and the crew was servin drinks, went to atomic and grabbed a few beers.... even though chester from linkin park was drunk off his ass and started shit cuz someone through a piece of ice, yes ice, @ his lil "side" band while they were playing... overall it was a good time. . . what did u think of the nights party?????''

''Bucket Of Weenies, the "main event" were aptly named. What a bunch of weenies. Nothing but lame cover songs, excuses and poor sound quality. These fools sucked. I saw a nameless bartender throwing Camel cigarettes at the Linkin Park jerk, who freaked out and had security go after the afore mentioned gentleman. Between having to follow Black Maria's powerful set, and just plain sucking, Bucket Of Weenies was doomed from the start.''

''Bucket of Weenies sucked ass. I've never been into a Linkin Park, but that band last night was crap. Just cause you're a dick don't mean you're a punk...especially when you're covering Chris Isaac tunes. Perhaps that lead singer dude needs to check himself into anger management and write some of his own tunes while he's there. ''

I think on iPhone 5 you can just do it normally with the camera. My friend sends those pics to me of DMB shows he goes to and he doesn't use an app.

iPhone 5 does have a panoramic camera function, yes, (I too use it to take panoramas at gigs) but it's limited to a straight line left to right motion. the gyroscope won't let you do it "wrong". the app Joe has lets you move the phone beyond the axis, and not in one continuous sweep. I like the warped effect he got in those pictures but I don't want to pay for a shed-load of apps just to find the right one :P

Yeah, I've had a few people comment on that. I'm pretty sure it's like a 3-note loop on an acoustic guitar, I'm just not sure on the notes yet.

The whole deal with the D Sonics was basically just done because of an endorsement with that particular DiMarzio pickup model during the Meteora era. Brad VERY briefly used one on his main red soldier PRS, and they found their way into a couple other guitars too (the orange Ibanez used on With You/Runaway, the red "4-string" PRS used on Figure.09, and at least one of Mike's custom-painted Ibanez RG's). None of those guitars had D Sonics in them by 2005 though. LP still uses other DiMarzio pickups in a lot of their non-PRS guitars...Brad's always been a big Tone Zone/Area 58 user, Chester and Mike use Chopper T's in most of their Green Guitar Project guitars, and a lot of Brad and Mike's Strats (save for the Rory Gallagher tribute models) have Virtual Vintage and/or Virtual Solo pickups. I think Mike's PRS SE One models also have the P90 version of the Tone Zone in them.

That's exactly what I was going to say it was, but I wouldn't say it's a loop because the pattern of notes being played isn't consistent, it sounds like hammering on and off. And I'm looking to buy a Dimarzio pickup, would I rather want a Tone Zone or a D Sonic? Just give me your opinion, if you've got one. I want a good solid heavy-ish I can layer with good mid/low tone, but I want my highs to cut through nicely likes he's got going on in their earlier albums.

That's exactly what I was going to say it was, but I wouldn't say it's a loop because the pattern of notes being played isn't consistent, it sounds like hammering on and off. And I'm looking to buy a Dimarzio pickup, would I rather want a Tone Zone or a D Sonic? Just give me your opinion, if you've got one. I want a good solid heavy-ish I can layer with good mid/low tone, but I want my highs to cut through nicely likes he's got going on in their earlier albums.

The Tone Zone is a lot more of a "well-rounded" pickup. The D Sonic is really aimed towards the drop-tuned, scooped mid sound that a lot of the nu metal guys were going for in the early-mid 2000's. You can get some warmer tones by installing the pickup backwards (with the "bar" facing away from the bridge), John Petrucci is one guy who does this quite a bit, but I personally find the D Sonic tone a bit "sterile" regardless of how you install it (plus it doesn't work well for drop-tuning in the "backwards" configuration), and it's definitely NOT a pickup you'd want to install in the neck position. It's strictly designed to be a high-output bridge pickup. I feel like you can get the same tone you get from the D Sonic with the Tone Zone if you tweak your EQ/gain levels, but the Tone Zone does some stuff you just can't do with the D Sonic.

The Tone Zone is a lot more of a "well-rounded" pickup. The D Sonic is really aimed towards the drop-tuned, scooped mid sound that a lot of the nu metal guys were going for in the early-mid 2000's. You can get some warmer tones by installing the pickup backwards (with the "bar" facing away from the bridge), John Petrucci is one guy who does this quite a bit, but I personally find the D Sonic tone a bit "sterile" regardless of how you install it (plus it doesn't work well for drop-tuning in the "backwards" configuration), and it's definitely NOT a pickup you'd want to install in the neck position. It's strictly designed to be a high-output bridge pickup. I feel like you can get the same tone you get from the D Sonic with the Tone Zone if you tweak your EQ/gain levels, but the Tone Zone does some stuff you just can't do with the D Sonic.

That helped, thank you.

iPhone 5 does have a panoramic camera function, yes, (I too use it to take panoramas at gigs) but it's limited to a straight line left to right motion. the gyroscope won't let you do it "wrong". the app Joe has lets you move the phone beyond the axis, and not in one continuous sweep. I like the warped effect he got in those pictures but I don't want to pay for a shed-load of apps just to find the right one :P

I'm using an app called "360 app".

I have a theory. My theory is that LP re-uses old seeds and demos from the MTM sessions and picks the ones they like and completely reuses them and makes them into songs for a ''new album''. I know you guys will say I am crazy. But hear me out. It makes sense. It explains how things like Pretend To Be have a 2008 demo date. Or how Not Alone was just a MTM demo originally. Mike said they were releasing a ''new song'' in 2009 and it was Across The Line which obviously was a MTM demo. Debris is supposedly a MTM demo as well, but was shown on the making of ATS. Primo and Ammosick were both demo titles in the MTM writing period and were worked on for ATS and LT. Tinfoil/Powerless falls into this category as well because it was originally a MTM/ATS seed. It sounds very MTMish as well. Mike said they wrote 150 song ideas and he thinks at the end of the process it was probably way more, he said that in an interview. This could also be why it took such a short time for LT to come out. My question is, do you guys agree or disagree and why?

I agree that LIVING THINGS taking such a short time to come out was most likely due to the existence of a FUCK ton of old song ideas that they reworked into new songs. We know they aren't fast at writing music unless there is a gun to their head, like with New Divide. And I still think part of that song was still sitting around too before that period.

They alluded to this in a few interviews during the ATS-Living Things transitional period, but I don't think a lot of people picked up on it: Those two albums were directly connected in terms of song ideas. Part of the "new LP writing process" is that they pretty much just write/record until they feel like they've got an album's worth of material, and they'll put that out. They'll write new material, they'll revamp old material, and they'll have a bunch of leftover material at the end. They never actually "stop" working on anything, they're more or less in a perpetual cycle of writing, recording, and touring, and all 3 of them overlap. They can theoretically churn out an album at any point along the way. I don't know how much MTM-era stuff carried over, but I know they specifically said around the time ATS came out that they "still had a lot of irons left in the fire" when the album was done, and that they'd pick up where they left off on those ideas while working on the following album.

I think this is why we haven't gotten much post-MTM stuff on LPU CDs. A lot of the material they've written over the last couple album cycles is probably still fair game for inclusion on a future release. I'd imagine some of the early ATS-era material that's already been given numerous chances will probably be officially "dead" soon, so we may start seeing some of that stuff surface, but who knows? The "gestation period" for a Linkin Park song is no longer confined to one album cycle.

Edited by Astat

I agree that LIVING THINGS taking such a short time to come out was most likely due to the existence of a FUCK ton of old song ideas that they reworked into new songs. We know they aren't fast at writing music unless there is a gun to their head, like with New Divide. And I still think part of that song was still sitting around too before that period.

I did a post which covers new Divide a couple of months back that will support this...

This ones a little bit of an odd ball.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well first of all Clarity and Bunker from LPU 12 are seeds that started during the MTM recording process.

Second of all, I believe 'Song C - You don't know' could be What we Don't know from LPUX CD. This would make it two songs (the other being Song Q aka Hand Held High) that were originally Brads Seeds that we know of. I think 'Yo!' might of been one too but there no info on if it had a Song # title,

LASTLY, I can see something a little interesting, there's a folder called 'get what I deserve' which of course is lyrics to what we know as New Divide. The question is, did LP go back to Seeds and recreate this under the name Megatron (Remember, the Transformer 2 track ideas were called Megaton and Bumblebee) or is this really just a coincidence....