Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, obviously LP isn't just going to come out and say that they use old song ideas from the MTM writing period for 'new' songs. This is what I am saying. There are too many similarities to MTM seeds and demos that support my theory. I definitely think 'You Don't Know' is What We Don't Know from LPUX. I also strongly believe that 'Get What I Deserve' could have been turned into New Divide. Basically, LP spent much of half of 2005 up until the early spring of 2007 writing song ideas. We all know 150 song idea were brought up, but in this interview, Mike says he thinks it was probably way more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2-I9hGYC0M . I think they continue to use seeds/demos from MTM in 2008/2009 with ATS, they just further developed them and changed them up to fit with the ATS style. Not Alone, Blackbirds, Across The Line, etc were all released right before ATS as well and they were known MTM songs. Debris was from the MTM sessions but was used during the ATS period as well because it was shown on the DVD, further proving my theory. While a lot of ATS stuff does not sound like MTM, I can tell a lot of them may have originally been MTM seeds. Stuff like BITS, Iridescent, Waiting For The End, The Messenger, etc. I think a lot of the super electronic stuff on ATS could have been written freshly in 2008/2009 but not all of it.

Then came LIVING THINGS. LP started work in October 2011, I would say, because they got off tour from Asia in September 2011 and they always take a few weeks off after a world tour before writing a new album. The album came out 9 months later, but was finished around late March, so in reality in only took around 6 months for LP to write and record a new album. Cmon guys, we all know how long LP takes to write music. I just think if LP took from 2003 to 2007 to release MTM, and spent years writing, they are going to use that as a megaload for new songs. If you listen to the raw seed of Holding Company (LITE) for example on the making of LIVING THINGS, you can tell it was a very MTMish feel. I'm not saying all this because I am a MTM purist, but this stuff kind of makes sense. I think it's kind of cool actually. It's just a bit weird for me. To me, LIVING THINGS sounds like New Divide. I feel New Divide fits perfectly on LIVING THINGS. It feels like this album could have fit PERFECTLY in between MTM and ATS, it may have even been a better option. Just craziness.

Allegedly they lost an entire hard drive's worth of music from 2004, but I'm not sure if this is true. Phoenix said it though in an interview. They had a full album ready to go after PR04. MTM writing period was 2005 and 2006.

Allegedly they lost an entire hard drive's worth of music from 2004, but I'm not sure if this is true. Phoenix said it though in an interview.

where can i watch/read this interview?

YOU ARE GOD! B) lol thank you!

i'm not, you welcome ;).

---

i already asked this, but no one answer yet so i'll ask again: what was released under The Shinoda Imprint/Machine Shop Recordings?

Thank you Skipees!! I can't believe he said he couldn't even go into the studio the next day because of all the screaming he did working with Mike. This was late 2005. We will never get these heavy MTM demos. Lol. Sound awesome though.