Quick question? Ask here!

I find it unnecessary to open a new topic in the Fort Minor section so here's my question. Red to Black is in 12/8, right?

6/8. It's a fast 6/8, but that's what Mike refers to it as in the Rising Tied audio commentary for that song.

Edited by Astat

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brad said on his speech in UCLA 2009:

my bands in highschool were The Pricks and Relative Degree, in college we were Xero, Xero 818 and Hybrid Theory

Xero 818? i remember reading somewhere 818 is the zipcode of the area they came from.

what we know about this?

Edited by Skipees

I feel like that was a name that they only used briefly before switching to Hybrid Theory, like really briefly. It's weird that Brad specifically mentioned that name, though.

+ he did it in the right order, he didn't just said the names.

• 2 weeks later...

Linkin Park on the Spider-Man Soundtrack?

Tuesday, January 8, 2002 9:31 CST

We should start hearing more and more about the music in the "Spider-Man" movie and while the following from 'SpideyDRM81' is not confirmed, it could very well be possible...

As I was listening to the radio this morning, I heard that the band, Linkin Park will have a song on the Spider-Man motion picture soundtrack. If I remember correctly, they will be singing the Spider-Man theme song. I know for sure that they are slated to provide a song for the soundtrack. I'm sure that this cd/tape will be one of the top selling albums of the 2002 Summer. I hope this info is helpful to the many other eager fans awaiting this movie. Thanx again and keep up the good work.

We'll let you know if we find out more about this!

Source (add "," after the last "4")

any other info?

Edited by Skipees

Source (add "," after the last "4")

any other info?

Probably somebody just making stuff up. They seem to be referring specifically to LP doing a version of the

...which 1. seems like a hysterically terrible idea in comparison to doing a "big movie soundtrack" song like New Divide, and 2. Wasn't used in any of the Toby Maguire era Spider-Man movies as far as I can recall.

Probably somebody just making stuff up. They seem to be referring specifically to LP doing a version of the

...which 1. seems like a hysterically terrible idea in comparison to doing a "big movie soundtrack" song like New Divide, and 2. Wasn't used in any of the Toby Maguire era Spider-Man movies as far as I can recall.
Stone Temple Pilots were going to contribute their song "All In The Suit That You Wear" to the Spider-Man soundtrack. They didn't get it to be the lead track (the studio decided to use Chad Kroeger's "Hero" instead), so they kept it to themselves. I can imagine they weren't the only band to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike said that The Requiem consists of musical elements that are used in the other songs of the album. Does someone found all the sounds? I know it's hard to explain it in words. I hear the piano parts of Waiting or the End, the lyrics are from The Catalyst obviously.

Mike said that The Requiem consists of musical elements that are used in the other songs of the album. Does someone found all the sounds? I know it's hard to explain it in words. I hear the piano parts of Waiting or the End, the lyrics are from The Catalyst obviously.

This may be a loose connection but the countdown near the transition into Radiance is from the Jornada del Muerto speech

i don't think there are enough elements compared to the number of the songs.

Piano from Waiting for the End, lyrics from The Catalyst, "submarine" sound effect from Jornada Del Muerto, misc. sound effects from the intro to Burning in the Skies, droning keyboard sounds from Blackout, Chester screaming from the end of Robot Boy, flanger effect from the guitar breakdown of Iridescent...not sure if they're ALL in there, but most of them are at least. A lot of it is stuff that's way in the background of the "main" songs they're found in, so it's kind of hard to pick up on.

Today I read that MTV asked Linkin Park to do something with Jay-Z after hearing some DJ's mashup of One Step Closer / 99 Problems.

Has anyone heard this story before?

I heard, that MTV approached Jay-Z, and he then picked LP for the project.

Was it MTV who then called LP, or was it Jay-Z/his management?

Today I read that MTV asked Linkin Park to do something with Jay-Z after hearing some DJ's mashup of One Step Closer / 99 Problems.

his name was al-b3, do you want the remixes?

Edited by Skipees

I heard, that MTV approached Jay-Z, and he then picked LP for the project.

Was it MTV who then called LP, or was it Jay-Z/his management?

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=182913