Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Living Things is the only album that has the titles in all caps? I hope they don't do that again for the next album. It bugs me. Haha.

Reanimation's song titles are generally referred to in all caps too, but I think that's more for aesthetic reasons like QWERTY. With all of the symbols and numbers in the song titles, it looks a lot neater in all caps: "P5HNG ME A*WY" vs. "P5hng Me A*wy"

For the live guide's sake, we agreed to:

- Not capitalize Reanimation songs. We originally did this but we went back on it, and now use the lowercased styling. As far as we know, those songs are not INTENDED to be all caps.

- Capitalize LIVING THINGS and the songs off of it. Mike mentioned it was intended to be all caps, and the label/LP mgmt instructed iTunes to do it that way. Yes, MTV did put an article about it.

- Capitalize QWERTY because we have never seen "qwerty" written anywhere, or even "Qwerty". It's a QWERTY keyboard, not Qwerty keyboard. On all setlists too we've seen it as QWERTY as far as I know.

This is kind of two questions in one, both about No Roads Left. Does Chester have ANY vocals in the final version of this song? I know Mike said Chester told him "Don't even use my vocal" but it made me curious. Secondly, if it is all Mike, is this the only non-instrumental/non-interlude song in their studio discography that Chester isn't featured on in any way?

Standing In The Middle.

Forgot about that one. Thanks :)

Side note about NRL: It always amazed me how he could sing amazingly on that song, and yet his SINGING voice live is not that great. He's not a "bad" singer live (obviously...and I don't mean anything bad by this, M.S. is my favorite artist of all time), but when he sung even NRL live (over the BIO bridge) I was slightly disappointed. Then again, we were just discussing PMA from Texas, and there he sounded nice singing Stephen Richards' part. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.

Edited by Justin

Side note about NRL: It always amazed me how he could sing amazingly on that song, and yet his SINGING voice live is not that great. He's not a "bad" singer live (obviously...and I don't mean anything bad by this, M.S. is my favorite artist of all time), but when he sung even NRL live (over the BIO bridge) I was slightly disappointed. Then again, we were just discussing PMA from Texas, and there he sounded nice singing Stephen Richards' part. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.

The Stephen Richards' part is a lot easier than NRL. Don't forget Mike didn't sing on a daily basic, he's not a typical singer, I'm not even sure if he takes voice lessons consistently.

The Stephen Richards' part is a lot easier than NRL. Don't forget Mike didn't sing on a daily basic, he's not a typical singer, I'm not even sure if he takes voice lessons consistently.

Good point. He probably doesn't. I think vocally he probably just wanted to rap and do background vox originally (pre-MTM). I know So Far Away contradicts me, but still. His voice does have potential though if NRL can tell us anything. Oh well

Edited by Justin

I know So Far Away contradicts me, but still.

I don't think So Far Away contradicts you, since it's irregularity (as far as we know). I'm always thinking maybe this song recorded between when Mark left the band to when Chester joined. They didn't have someone to sing the chorus so Mike did it by himself. But it's just an idea.

I don't think So Far Away contradicts you, since it's irregularity (as far as we know). I'm always thinking maybe this song recorded between when Mark left the band to when Chester joined. They didn't have someone to sing the chorus so Mike did it by himself. But it's just an idea.

More than likely that's what it is, that would make sense

This is kind of two questions in one, both about No Roads Left. Does Chester have ANY vocals in the final version of this song? I know Mike said Chester told him "Don't even use my vocal" but it made me curious. Secondly, if it is all Mike, is this the only non-instrumental/non-interlude song in their studio discography that Chester isn't featured on in any way?

I Have Not Begun is all Mike, and there are a few unfinished-"half-done vocals" tracks that have been released through LPU without Chester on them (Asbestos, Debris, etc.).

All of the "main" vocals on Hands Held High are Mike too. I'm sure Chester's mixed in with the gang vocals, but I've never been able to specifically pick out his voice.

I Have Not Begun is all Mike, and there are a few unfinished-"half-done vocals" tracks that have been released through LPU without Chester on them (Asbestos, Debris, etc.).

All of the "main" vocals on Hands Held High are Mike too. I'm sure Chester's mixed in with the gang vocals, but I've never been able to specifically pick out his voice.

He did sing on the chorus of HHH, in the making of MTM Webster Hall Version, it showed Chester's vocal by itself. And Chester did sing a version of No Roads Left as well, but they ended up using Mike's vocal for the final version.

The end of POWERLESS is a synth noise and not backing vocals? In the instrumental you can hear it and Astat said this is synth. Sounds like vocals to me. And I always sing that part when I listen to it LOL. But I also thought IMR's main synth sound was a vocal clip too until I saw it live.

The end of POWERLESS is a synth noise and not backing vocals? In the instrumental you can hear it and Astat said this is synth. Sounds like vocals to me. And I always sing that part when I listen to it LOL. But I also thought IMR's main synth sound was a vocal clip too until I saw it live.

It's both. It's a vocal part doubled by a synth and a guitar track.