Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

who(s) published the Directors Cut version of SOTD music video?

Published on Joe Hahn's Linkin Park Network profile under their old website design (Joe had every music video's he's directed on there at one point).

There are actually 3 versions of the SOTD video. The "regular" version, a European alternate version where Chester's messenger bag is shown falling to the ground in the final shot of the video, and the "director's cut" version that Joe released.

*Edit* Hey, I actually made a news post on this during the brief period where I was staff on LPA! http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27436

Edited by Astat

Published on Joe Hahn's Linkin Park Network profile under their old website design (Joe had every music video's he's directed on there at one point).

There are actually 3 versions of the SOTD video. The "regular" version, a European alternate version where Chester's messenger bag is shown falling to the ground in the final shot of the video, and the "director's cut" version that Joe released.

*Edit* Hey, I actually made a news post on this during the brief period where I was staff on LPA! http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27436

Thank you ,Astat and skipees :)

There are more differences in "Mastered for iTunes" except these?:

No Roads Left - Additional drums

Shadow Of The Day - Joe's sample replaced with Strings

Across The Line - No bass on verse 1

I'm not talking about differences like higher quality or different mixing.

There are more differences in "Mastered for iTunes" except these?:

No Roads Left - Additional drums

Shadow Of The Day - Joe's sample replaced with Strings

Across The Line - No bass on verse 1

I'm not talking about differences like higher quality or different mixing.

I don't believe so. Those are the only ones on Minutes to Midnight, and I'm pretty sure the other albums used the same masters as the originals, so there shouldn't be any other differences (MTM is the only album I have from the iTunes edition to compare with though).

Shadow of the Day actually has a lot more differences than just the sample/string switch - the synth bass is replaced with real bass starting with the second verse on the original version, but that doesn't happen until the first guitar solo on the new version. The palm-muted guitar in the first two choruses/second verse is also completely absent from the new version.

Edited by Astat

I'm really pissed off that there was never an official explaination how and why these changes happened.

I'm willing to bet they submitted a couple different mixes/masters of the album and somewhere along the line, someone at WB goofed and used the wrong one (starting a few years back when the alternate Shadow of the Day was used in Rock Band, as well as the HDTracks version of MTM). Maybe the original master was even lost at some point? Who knows. Highly doubt the band purposely went back and made changes to the songs later on.

When LP recorded the scrapped song for the Machine Shop mixtape??

40. The band attempted to record a song in one day for the Machine Shop Mixtape (scheduled for release in 2006), but when they got into the studio to record, the whole song fell apart and was never finished.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/arti...-COMES-20130912

I haven't read anything above to know if this has been brought up yet, or if I'm the first....

New LP album called RECHARGED? Someone please clarify this, thank you

It says it's going to be a "reinterpretation" of LIVING THINGS, so maybe it'll be what Reanimation was to Hybrid Theory? Comes out October 29th. I hope this isn't the "New album" they've been working on along side the Soundtrack from Hahn's movie, I wanted NEW new material.

Edited by BrandonYancar

As a beginner in editing vocals, is there an easy way to achieve the stutter-type effect on Mike's vocals in songs like Papercut, Faint, etc?

You cut the wavelength of a recording into pieces, leaving gaps. The gaps make a stuttering effect, and the process takes forever considering if you're milliseconds off, it will sound terrible. Or you could mess with a tremelo effect/ plug in. Or a plug in designed to do it on it's own. It's all done in the studio.

Can someone tell me where Phoenix's "mistake" on NMS is? I think I saw Astat say Phoenix messed up during recording and it made it into the album.

First repeat of the last chorus riff (right after the end of the bridge). He misses the first note at the 10th fret and then plays an open C# instead of a D# at the 2nd fret shortly afterward.

http://lplive.net/astat/Bass_tabs/No%20Mor...rrow%20Bass.txt - Scroll down to "Final Chorus" and compare it to every other repeat of the chorus riff.