Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Lasik surgery isn't so much "repairing" your eyes as it is re-arranging the parts that aren't damaged to make up for the parts that are. You only have so many rods and cones in your eyes to work with, so once your eyes have degraded badly enough, there isn't a whole lot the surgeons can do. I've been looking into getting Lasik surgery for about 5 or 6 years myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it me, or does "Hide" by RED sound WAAAY too similar to "From The Inside"? I look, and look for comparisions, and no one talks about it, I thought at least one person would.. Similar chord progression, similar if not exactly the same tempo, same 6/8 time signature, same tuning, etc. Even the bridge is such a rip-off in my opinion, but right after that it gets somewhat different. Has LP ever had any connections with this band? I found them a few years ago from listening to Pandora, I like quite a few songs, but their first album especially is nothing but a generic, obvious Linkin Park wannabe with more strings and a rougher sounding mix. Innocense and Instinct/Until We Have Faces are have some pretty awesome songs, though, new album is ass imo.

Red are a bunch of Linkin Park imitators in general. To the point that their idea of "promotion" was to have a bunch of their forum members sign up over at LPA and spam the Other Music forum with rave reviews about how they sounded just like Linkin Park. They literally think of it as a selling point. A bunch of Flobots fans did the same thing at one point.

Red are a bunch of Linkin Park imitators in general. To the point that their idea of "promotion" was to have a bunch of their forum members sign up over at LPA and spam the Other Music forum with rave reviews about how they sounded just like Linkin Park. They literally think of it as a selling point. A bunch of Flobots fans did the same thing at one point.

Another song is "Already Over", a rip off of "In The End", even the music video's effects are similar. I didn't know they were like that. I've noticed Sum 41 has copied a bit from Linkin Park as well, it's really funny to be honest because I can hear the ripping off and "inspiration" so clearly.

By the way Astat, excellent job on the Holding Company tab, damn is that song hard to play throughout, or maybe my hands are a bit weak. Doing those finger picking positions for the whole song is hell on my wrists, it may be my new warm up, lol.

You know the sounds from Part of me, which are between the song and the Ambient track on HTEP. I think Papercut includes the sounds. I heard this sounds at Papercut live performance in Roxy 2000 (the first proshot LP show). Later I listened to studio version of Papercut and "looped" some moments of the track. I noticed that when I looped a moment when Mike whispers during the bridge, the sounds are a bit audible. Maybe Papercut is written over the sounds. Another thing I noticed is that Papercut and the ambient sounds loop have very similar tempo. Of course it requires much efford to hear the sounds during Papercut.

The sounds are so silent that I'm not totally sure if those are the sounds from Part of me. So my question is: Am I the only one that hears the sounds during Papercut?

You know the sounds from Part of me, which are between the song and the Ambient track on HTEP. I think Papercut includes the sounds. I heard this sounds at Papercut live performance in Roxy 2000 (the first proshot LP show). Later I listened to studio version of Papercut and "looped" some moments of the track. I noticed that when I looped a moment when Mike whispers during the bridge, the sounds are a bit audible. Maybe Papercut is written over the sounds. Another thing I noticed is that Papercut and the ambient sounds loop have very similar tempo. Of course it requires much efford to hear the sounds during Papercut.

The sounds are so silent that I'm not totally sure if those are the sounds from Part of me. So my question is: Am I the only one that hears the sounds during Papercut?

The beat from the intro to Papercut is played quietly during the whispered section (

), that's probably what you're hearing. The static from Part of Me does have a kind of similar rhythm to the Papercut drum loop.

The beat from the intro to Papercut is played quietly during the whispered section (

), that's probably what you're hearing. The static from Part of Me does have a kind of similar rhythm to the Papercut drum loop.

No this is not what I'm hearing, The drum loop is easy audible during all parts where the loudest guitar isn't playing. During papercut live in Roxy I hear the part of me distortion being played from first verse to the end. I think the same is in studio track, but much much more silent. I hear it only in the quiet part of the bridge, and I hear it only in full version of the song. Instrumental is missing not only Mikes whisper during the quiet part of the bridge, it's missing the sound I was talking about and another much louder than the one I was talking about. So the sound is only audible in full version of the song. To make it easier to hear, you can turn down tempo of the track (of course when it's turned down it must be in the same pitch), and loop the part.

No this is not what I'm hearing, The drum loop is easy audible during all parts where the loudest guitar isn't playing. During papercut live in Roxy I hear the part of me distortion being played from first verse to the end. I think the same is in studio track, but much much more silent. I hear it only in the quiet part of the bridge, and I hear it only in full version of the song. Instrumental is missing not only Mikes whisper during the quiet part of the bridge, it's missing the sound I was talking about and another much louder than the one I was talking about. So the sound is only audible in full version of the song. To make it easier to hear, you can turn down tempo of the track (of course when it's turned down it must be in the same pitch), and loop the part.

The buzzing during the Roxy performance is static from an improperly connected guitar cable/poorly-grounded power supply or something like that. It's only present when Brad's not playing anything.

I looong time ago I heard a cover of One Step Closer by a female singer and I think it was acoustic, can anyone remember it, or let me know who it was?

Thank you!

Deena Noroian

Edited by jare0674

What are the chords for the last part (Brad's part) of Until it Breaks?

The underlying instumental kind of just rides on top of an arpeggiated A major thing for most of that section, the "chord changes" are mostly just implied by the vocal harmonies. It switches to a suspended E voicing on "time has torn the flesh away," I think it's an Esus2?

Does anyone know if the band is on bad terms with Don Gilmore? I'm not the type to look though 1000 interviews to know this, i just want to know since they don't have to work with him anymore. I know Chester got mad at him from Don telling him to rewrite lyrics and he ended up with some of the lyrics to "One Step Closer".

Does anyone know if the band is on bad terms with Don Gilmore? I'm not the type to look though 1000 interviews to know this, i just want to know since they don't have to work with him anymore. I know Chester got mad at him from Don telling him to rewrite lyrics and he ended up with some of the lyrics to "One Step Closer".

I doubt they've seen Don Gilmore at all since 2004 when he mixed the LPU 4 CD (or at least parts of it).