Quick question? Ask here!

First repeat of the last chorus riff (right after the end of the bridge). He misses the first note at the 10th fret and then plays an open C# instead of a D# at the 2nd fret shortly afterward.

http://lplive.net/astat/Bass_tabs/No%20Mor...rrow%20Bass.txt - Scroll down to "Final Chorus" and compare it to every other repeat of the chorus riff.

Thanks!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trying to be "that guy" who everybody rolls their eyes at for bringing this song up (I've seen this song talked about in the past many times, I know...) but do we know anything about Pictureboard besides it's an old song which can't be released because of sample clearance issues? Anything at all? Is it an instrumental? Does Mike rap on it? That kind of thing.

I just wanna know if anything has actually been confirmed about this song besides: It exists, and it samples something.

Edited by Justin

Not trying to be "that guy" who everybody rolls their eyes at for bringing this song up (I've seen this song talked about in the past many times, I know...) but do we know anything about Pictureboard besides it's an old song which can't be released because of sample clearance issues? Anything at all? Is it an instrumental? Does Mike rap on it? That kind of thing.

I just wanna know if anything has actually been confirmed about this song besides: It exists, and it samples something.

I think Mike said they played it once with Chester so I guess it's not instrumental. One more guess is that Pictureboard sounds like every other song from that era (all of them has the same style imo).

I know for a fact Pictureboard isn't She Couldn't because we released She Couldn't before LPU9 and I know Pictureboard was on the tracklisting for LPU9 but was dropped at the last minute for Across The Line by Mike.

That's kind of what I figured. I've seen it mentioned that SOMEONE asks about that song in every LPU chat with Mike. Personally I think it would be cool to have just to hear it, but it's almost like people treat it like the holy grail lol. LP fans want this like Beatles fans want Carnival of Light. Part of me feels like we'll probably hear it one day, but it won't be really mind blowing. Then again, She Couldn't has become one of my favorite pre-HT era songs. Who knows I guess. I would rather have the Tech N9ne remix :lol:

From wikipedia:

The first single released from the EP, "Numb/Encore", achieved great airplay on the charts, and stayed on 6 months after its release. "Points of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer" was also released to the radio in the US, but was never featured on the Billboard Charts - the videos for both that track and "Jigga What/Faint" were also seen on Kerrang! TV in the UK. "Izzo/In the End" was also heavily promoted on the official Linkin Park websites.

There were videos for Jigga What/Faint & Points of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer???????????

Thank you.Are there any more information about these videos?

The only actual music video from Collision Course is Numb/Encore (and even that used the live audio with a montage of behind the scenes footage). Everything else was just the live videos from the DVD.

Edited by Astat

The first live date we have for Xero is the 1997 date, the show they played with System Of A Down. Is this the bands very first show, ever?

I think so, yeah. I remember Mike mentioning opening for SX10 and System of a Down in one of the interviews leading up to SSMF, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned it being their first show.

I think so, yeah. I remember Mike mentioning opening for SX10 and System of a Down in one of the interviews leading up to SSMF, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned it being their first show.

http://lplive.net/shows/20071026.php

I thought this was the show that had the Numb video on YouTube where Mike talked before it about that SOAD show and it being like 3:00 in the morning or something when SOAD played because Darren was asleep or something LOL. I can't find the video anymore - either someone took it down or I'm looking at the wrong show (was it the Ritual show in July 2007?) but I thought it was the Key Club 2007 show. I watched it enough times in 2007 though to memorize what Mike said and I do remember it because the Numb intro was fucked up by the band.

Anyone remember this or know what I am talking about?

http://lplive.net/shows/20071026.php

I thought this was the show that had the Numb video on YouTube where Mike talked before it about that SOAD show and it being like 3:00 in the morning or something when SOAD played because Darren was asleep or something LOL. I can't find the video anymore - either someone took it down or I'm looking at the wrong show (was it the Ritual show in July 2007?) but I thought it was the Key Club 2007 show. I watched it enough times in 2007 though to memorize what Mike said and I do remember it because the Numb intro was fucked up by the band.

Anyone remember this or know what I am talking about?

Vaguely remember the story but no clue when it was said. I thought it was just something from an interview with Mike, not a live show.

There's also the info from HBO's Reverb from the Docklands show (see below). I think this was also the show that got them the attention from Jeff Blue who worked at Zomba Music that time. He saw that they had potential but they are far from actually making it so they got financial support or something like that by them. I don't remember the exact story how it went on.

All in all it was a very important show for them.

docklands2_7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkNjDK2fXw4

Here is the interview from before SSMF with Mike and Phoenix, where Mike talks about it. So I am almost positive that the 1997 date was their first show. Kind of cool, there first show was with System Of A Down, a great band.

That show in general was really cool from a historical standpoint. System of a Down was still a local/regional band (although a pretty well-established one) in 1997, in fact the period they were playing shows at places like the Whisky and the Viper Room was around the time they started getting major label attention (they were ultimately signed by none other than Rick Rubin that year), and SX-10 would have just formed not long before this show as well, it may have even been THEIR first show too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkNjDK2fXw4

Here is the interview from before SSMF with Mike and Phoenix, where Mike talks about it. So I am almost positive that the 1997 date was their first show. Kind of cool, there first show was with System Of A Down, a great band.

Who remixed Nobody's Listening at the end of this video? it sounds like Jay-Z is in the remix too.