Quick question? Ask here!

LP is on a whole new level now then when they were when they worked with Don Gilmore. :LP is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, bands since 2000 at this point. Rick Rubin is a whole renowned producer so it makes sense that LP would work with him, and he is the exact opposite of how Don Gilmore treated the band when they made music with him.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are these the only tracks from the Hybrid Theory (band) era that we have available to us?

* Carousel

* Carousel (8-Track Version)

* Carousel (9-Track Version)

* Technique (Short)

* Step Up

* And One

* High Volatge

* Part of Me

* Part of Me (8-Track Version)

* Part of Me (9-Track Version)

* Part of Me (7-Track Version)

* Ambient

* The Untitled

* Untitled

* SuperXero

* Super Xero

* Super Zero

* Sad

* By Myself

* Points & Authority

* Points of Authority

* Points of Authority (6-Track Version)

* Vertical Limit (Points of Authority 9-Track)

* Crawling

* Crawling (9-Track Version)

* Crawling (7-Track Version)

* Crawling (6-Track Version)

* Rhinestone

* A Place For My Head (Esaul)

* Esaul

* Esaul (A Place For My Head)

* Plaster

* Papercut

* Dust Brothers

* Now I See

* With You

* So Far Away

* Slip

* Blue

* Dedicated

* She Couldn't

Are these the only tracks from the Hybrid Theory (band) era that we have available to us?

* Carousel

* Carousel (8-Track Version)

* Carousel (9-Track Version)

* Technique (Short)

* Step Up

* And One

* High Volatge

* Part of Me

* Part of Me (8-Track Version)

* Part of Me (9-Track Version)

* Part of Me (7-Track Version)

* Ambient

* The Untitled

* Untitled

* SuperXero

* Super Xero

* Super Zero

* Sad

* By Myself

* Points & Authority

* Points of Authority

* Points of Authority (6-Track Version)

* Vertical Limit (Points of Authority 9-Track)

* Crawling

* Crawling (9-Track Version)

* Crawling (7-Track Version)

* Crawling (6-Track Version)

* Rhinestone

* A Place For My Head (Esaul)

* Esaul

* Esaul (A Place For My Head)

* Plaster

* Papercut

* Dust Brothers

* Now I See

* With You

* So Far Away

* Slip

* Blue

* Dedicated

* She Couldn't

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...post&p=5014

Yeah, Vertical Limit is a fake name, and you forgot Stick and Move (Runaway demo) from LPU9. I know it's less than one minute lenght, but if Sad is in the list, I think that Stick and Move could be added too.

Edited by kiq fLP

Yeah, Vertical Limit is a fake name, and you forgot Stick and Move (Runaway demo) from LPU9. I know it's less than one minute lenght, but if Sad is in the list, I think that Stick and Move could be added too.

That is a Xero track, considering it was made in 1998, before Hybrid Theory.

The versions we got were explicitly labeled as Hybrid Theory demos, so it's possible the year was wrong or they were re-recorded after Chester joined.

Exactly.. Don't trust nothing that LP (and speficlly Mike) titled as 1998 lol.

So I just watched an old interview of Chino Marino from 2001 where he claimed that one of LP's songs was a rip off of a Deftones song; does anybody know what songs he was talking about?

The answer for your question is unknown, because it's only in Chino's mind. I mean, he never (or at least, I never heard him saying it) mentioned the answer. In the interview he didn't literally say they ripped off a Deftones song, I saw another interview where he said they pilfered, they just ripped of some parts of the song.

I don't think it's true they did it, there's some similar parts, but it's not rip off. I think Chino got mad, that LP got way more popular, faster, than themselves, even if they had similar sound.

To find what songs he meant, you need to find which are the most similar. Some say it's Papercut.

The answer for your question is unknown, because it's only in Chino's mind. I mean, he never (or at least, I never heard him saying it) mentioned the answer. In the interview he didn't literally say they ripped off a Deftones song, I saw another interview where he said they pilfered, they just ripped of some parts of the song.

I don't think it's true they did it, there's some similar parts, but it's not rip off. I think Chino got mad, that LP got way more popular, faster, than themselves, even if they had similar sound.

To find what songs he meant, you need to find which are the most similar. Some say it's Papercut.

I looked into and I think that he was talking about the drums of Papercut being ripped from Around The Fur.

Mike has said that some of the keyboard sounds the band uses are stock, such as during the Catalyst. My question is, does anyone know if the pad type sound in the verses of Numb is a stock sound, or is it one of their custom sounds?