Quick question? Ask here!

Does anyone know where I can download the alternate mixes for The Catalyst (MOH), Blackout (Fifa '11) and whatever game the alternate mix for Wretches was in? I am trying to collect everything from LP and I know they have a lot of alternate mixes for video games.

You can buy Black Out here.

Merged to "Quick question" thread.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know where to find The Catalyst mix? What about the Wretches alternate mix, anyone know what game it was for?

Wretches and kings was used in EA MMA and Guitar hero: warriors of rock. I'm not sure if one of these is the alternate mix, but the one from Guitar hero sounds a bit different

On LP's wiki page, I came across this info and I was wondering if you guys knew anything about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_Park_discography

I was wondering if anyone knew what performance of My December (Live) was on ''The Year They Recalled Santa Claus'' CD. Was it the one included on the SIB single?

Yes, it was the same one from the SIB single. I thought for a long time that it was the KROQ 2000 performance because I randomly had a higher-quality version of that song than any other songs from that show, but it turns out I just had a crappy rip of the webcast.

Does anyone know where I can download the alternate mixes for The Catalyst (MOH), Blackout (Fifa '11) and whatever game the alternate mix for Wretches was in? I am trying to collect everything from LP and I know they have a lot of alternate mixes for video games.

Wretches and Kings was in EA Sports MMA, not sure if it was an alternate mix though:

Here are Youtube links for the other 2 tracks:

- Blackout

- The Catalyst (starts at 7:30) Edited by Astat

Yes, it was the same one from the SIB single. I thought for a long time that it was the KROQ 2000 performance because I randomly had a higher-quality version of that song than any other songs from that show, but it turns out I just had a crappy rip of the webcast.

Wretches and Kings was in EA Sports MMA, not sure if it was an alternate mix though:

Here are Youtube links for the other 2 tracks:

- Blackout

- The Catalyst (starts at 7:30)

Thank you so much.

I accidentally bumped into a 2005 article from a Bulgarian teen magazine, entitled 'Linkin Park's secrets'. I've heard of most of the stuff, but there are several things I never knew, so I'm curious whether they're true.

The first one is not that important, but is Mike really shortsighted and wearing contact lenses all the time?

The other one is concerning Rob. The article says that Rob's mother was a close friend with Joey Kramer, Aerosmith's drummer. It was Joey who first taught Rob to play the drums. I've never heard of that, but I found similar information on Google. It only says Joey gave Rob his first kick pedal, though, but then adds that one of Joey's ex-girlfriends is Rob's mother. Which one is true?

I accidentally bumped into a 2005 article from a Bulgarian teen magazine, entitled 'Linkin Park's secrets'. I've heard of most of the stuff, but there are several things I never knew, so I'm curious whether they're true.

The first one is not that important, but is Mike really shortsighted and wearing contact lenses all the time?

The other one is concerning Rob. The article says that Rob's mother was a close friend with Joey Kramer, Aerosmith's drummer. It was Joey who first taught Rob to play the drums. I've never heard of that, but I found similar information on Google. It only says Joey gave Rob his first kick pedal, though, but then adds that one of Joey's ex-girlfriends is Rob's mother. Which one is true?

Not sure about Mike. Rob's mom did date Joey Kramer at one point, he's mentioned that before. I've never heard anything regarding him teaching Rob to play drums though, which I find pretty doubtful. You'd think Rob would have mentioned it at some point, plus it's not like Joey is his dad or anything. I doubt Rob and Joey saw each other an awful lot. He has cited him as an influence though.

Is the "tired of being what you want me to be" in the last chorus of Numb sung by Chester or Mike on the studio version of the song? I'd always thought it was Mike as he does it live and in the video, but recently I've become pretty sure Chester does it. Can someone clarify I'm not going mad?

Is the "tired of being what you want me to be" in the last chorus of Numb sung by Chester or Mike on the studio version of the song? I'd always thought it was Mike as he does it live and in the video, but recently I've become pretty sure Chester does it. Can someone clarify I'm not going mad?

Chester. This part in the music video is a classical visual misleading lol.

Mike didn't do any actual singing vocals on Hybrid Theory or Meteora, they just credited him in the booklets the same way they credited the other 4 guys for backing vocals (despite none of them actually recording them).

Mike didn't do any actual singing vocals on Hybrid Theory or Meteora, they just credited him in the booklets the same way they credited the other 4 guys for backing vocals (despite none of them actually recording them).

I wouldn't be so sure about "I can't feeeeeeeel", "time won't heeeeeeeeeeeal" part in Faint. I hear 4 voices there, 1 a bit raspy Chester's voice, 2 clean Chester's voices (one of them was already kind of backing vocal in the chorus) and 1 deeper voice, similar to Mike's voice when hitting high notes.

I wouldn't be so sure about "I can't feeeeeeeel", "time won't heeeeeeeeeeeal" part in Faint. I hear 4 voices there, 1 a bit raspy Chester's voice, 2 clean Chester's voices (one of them was already kind of backing vocal in the chorus) and 1 deeper voice, similar to Mike's voice when hitting high notes.

In With You i can hear a different voice singing "youuuuu"

Both of these are absolutely Chester.

The vocal makeup of Hybrid Theory/Meteora-era Linkin Park was that Chester was the singer, and Mike was the rapper. No need to have Mike sing backup vocals in the studio, because Chester was the lead singer, and as anyone who's ever recorded harmonies knows, there's no voice in the world that you blend with better than your own. Mike only sang harmonies live for the sake of not leaving out vocal parts that were present on the albums. Chester even talks about this on LPTV 2007 or the Making of Minutes to Midnight (maybe both) when mentioning Mike singing on No Roads Left/In Between - "You've been singing harmonies live for years, why not try doing some singing in the studio?" It was a completely new thing at that point, save for So Far Away being a random anomaly from the pre-Hybrid Theory period (Mike also sang the ending of the non-Xero Forgotten demo, but that part is so low, I doubt Chester was capable of producing the notes, so Mike probably just sang that out of necessity).

Edited by Astat

I feel like I'm possibly a little out of my depth trying to correct you on an LP fact, but I'm like 97% sure Mike did in fact sing on the final chorus of Pushing Me Away. His background is basically inaudible in the final, mastered version of the song. They are there though.

Vocals.MikeBacking-L.wav

Vocals.MikeBacking-R.wav

Vocals.MikeRap-L.wav

Vocals.MikeRap-R.wav

The "rap" files are his rap vocals from the pre-chorus and bridge, and the "backing" files are only him singing in almost a falsetto voice under Chester's vocals in the last chorus.

Edited by Justin

I feel like I'm possibly a little out of my depth trying to correct you on an LP fact, but I'm like 97% sure Mike did in fact sing on the final chorus of Pushing Me Away. His background is basically inaudible in the final, mastered version of the song. They are there though.

I thought this was the case as well, the "oh"s in the background definitely sound more like Mike than Chester.

It's only audible on the acapella, I not that sure it's Mike, but it sounds so.

I think Mike's voice appears in One Step Closer too, in "Takes one step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break", as a background voice, a lower clean voice than the rest of the background voices. I don't know if it counts as singing but Mike whispers in Crawling, in verses.

Edited by TheDamian58C