Quick question? Ask here!

Another one for you guys...

Does anyone know if "Minutes to Midnight" TOUR EDITION & "Living Things" (standard version) came in digipack formats? I always prefer to get digipack versions wherever possible over the standard jewel cases but when these first came out they weren't available. Anyone know if they did them in the end? Thanks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another one for you guys...

Does anyone know if "Minutes to Midnight" TOUR EDITION & "Living Things" (standard version) came in digipack formats? I always prefer to get digipack versions wherever possible over the standard jewel cases but when these first came out they weren't available. Anyone know if they did them in the end? Thanks

Check lpcatalog.com

Sweet website that. It's crazy how many versions there are for each of their releases! The only thing is that it isn't very clear In seeing what are digipacks and what aren't (unless it's stated in the name). Luckily there seems to be scans for each one so I can tell that' way.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find some scans of the ''Revolution Unseen'' artbook that was sold at Projekt Revolution 2007. Mostly, I am interested in HQ pictures of Chester's 3 paintings that he did for the book. He did a Skull Blossom painting and 2 paintings of his dogs.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find some scans of the ''Revolution Unseen'' artbook that was sold at Projekt Revolution 2007. Mostly, I am interested in HQ pictures of Chester's 3 paintings that he did for the book. He did a Skull Blossom painting and 2 paintings of his dogs.

I have the book, but I don't really have a way of scanning it. Would some hi-res photos be alright?

I have the book, but I don't really have a way of scanning it. Would some hi-res photos be alright?

Yes that would be perfectly fine. And you don't have to do the book, just the Chester paintings, if you can.

Why are live shows released as "DVDs" rather than just the video file?

Most video shows listed on LPL as sources come from camcorders that record to a physical format (VHS, miniDV, minidisc, removable memory, etc.). There isn't really a "video file" until it's transferred to a computer and rendered in a digital format. DVD-format files are essentially the equivalent of FLAC audio files, they don't compress the original data at all like transferring to a .avi/.mpg etc. file would. Same goes for webcasts, you can record it into your video capture software but the file still has to be rendered in some kind of readable file, so people typically save it as a DVD file (or burn it directly to a DVD) to keep the quality from degrading. There are some video sources listed on LPL that aren't in DVD format though.

Most video shows listed on LPL as sources come from camcorders that record to a physical format (VHS, miniDV, minidisc, removable memory, etc.). There isn't really a "video file" until it's transferred to a computer and rendered in a digital format. DVD-format files are essentially the equivalent of FLAC audio files, they don't compress the original data at all like transferring to a .avi/.mpg etc. file would. Same goes for webcasts, you can record it into your video capture software but the file still has to be rendered in some kind of readable file, so people typically save it as a DVD file (or burn it directly to a DVD) to keep the quality from degrading. There are some video sources listed on LPL that aren't in DVD format though.

Thanks for that Astat.

Does this apply to all digital formats including .ts and the like?

Thanks for that Astat.

Does this apply to all digital formats including .ts and the like?

I'd say that DVD's guarantee a certain grade of quality. All the stuff in SD resolution from TV and Camcorders are mostly in a DVD compatible format so they can easily be made into a DVD without losing quality, just like Astat explained. Other smaller format's avi etc. are often in pretty bad quality, so unless someone converted a crappy file to DVD you knew it's as good as it gets. Also DVD are a format that be easily played by anyone. You just burn it and it works, you often run into all sorts of problem with files that use other codecs. Another advantage of a DVD is that you can add multiple audio tracks and song chapters which makes it more comfortable to watch too.

With HD and HDTV material it's a bit different. When something is in .ts especially from HDTV it is usually a direct copy of the recorded digital stream. Material from HD camcorders can be supplied in other formats since they are not all using the same one. Making DVD's of these would of course degrade the quality.

I'd say that DVD's guarantee a certain grade of quality. All the stuff in SD resolution from TV and Camcorders are mostly in a DVD compatible format so they can easily be made into a DVD without losing quality, just like Astat explained. Other smaller format's avi etc. are often in pretty bad quality, so unless someone converted a crappy file to DVD you knew it's as good as it gets. Also DVD are a format that be easily played by anyone. You just burn it and it works, you often run into all sorts of problem with files that use other codecs. Another advantage of a DVD is that you can add multiple audio tracks and song chapters which makes it more comfortable to watch too.

With HD and HDTV material it's a bit different. When something is in .ts especially from HDTV it is usually a direct copy of the recorded digital stream. Material from HD camcorders can be supplied in other formats since they are not all using the same one. Making DVD's of these would of course degrade the quality.

Cheers for the info Jonas.

One final question, how do you burn the DVD files onto a DVD correctly?

I found a The Hunting Party (CD + T-Shirt Edition) in my local store. On the box it says "Deluxe Edition" but it doesn't mention the 36 page art booklet. Does anyone knows if it's in there?

THe only way to get the artbook is by ordering it from lp.com afaik

There are also CD+T-shirt editions which probably is what you found. But that's really just the CD and a shirt.

Cheers for the info Jonas.

One final question, how do you burn the DVD files onto a DVD correctly?

I THINK it would work when you burn a data DVD with just the video_ts folder + contents but to make sure it works use something like Nero Burning Rom etc. that should have a DVD video preset you can use.

THe only way to get the artbook is by ordering it from lp.com afaik

There are also CD+T-shirt editions which probably is what you found. But that's really just the CD and a shirt.

As far as I see, the only exclusive for lp.com is lithograph. Everything else is available elsewhere. Deluxe editions are all over the place. Even some russian online stores have them. Also in the description of CD+T-shirt editions on that russian site it is explicitly said that it includes a 36-page booklet, which I guess means that all those CD+T-shirts are deluxe editions.

As far as I see, the only exclusive for lp.com is lithograph. Everything else is available elsewhere. Deluxe editions are all over the place. Even some russian online stores have them. Also in the description of CD+T-shirt editions on that russian site it is explicitly said that it includes a 36-page booklet, which I guess means that all those CD+T-shirts are deluxe editions.

Don't know about russia but here in Germany your only chance is the LP store. They also sell CD+T-shirt bundles here but the artbook is definitely not included.

Please excuse me mods, but I'm genuinly curious...

The Hybrid Theory offical instrumentals... Why is it such a taboo to ask/request for this album compared to say the offical Rising Tied instrumentals? HT is alot harder to come by and there is less discussion about it on this forum than i would have thought. is it because its an offical release, or an "unintended" offical release?

My question is this: Does a 320kps (or higher) rip of this album exsist?

I've only managed to track down a 220kps version a few years ago, which isn't bad but not exactly the best on offer.

If anyone can help, then thanks! :)

Please excuse me mods, but I'm genuinly curious...

The Hybrid Theory offical instrumentals... Why is it such a taboo to ask/request for this album compared to say the offical Rising Tied instrumentals? HT is alot harder to come by and there is less discussion about it on this forum than i would have thought. is it because its an offical release, or an "unintended" offical release?

My question is this: Does a 320kps (or higher) rip of this album exsist?

I've only managed to track down a 220kps version a few years ago, which isn't bad but not exactly the best on offer.

If anyone can help, then thanks! :)

Simple answer to both is that the guy who originally ripped it threw a temper tantrum when the mp3 rip leaked, refused to share it in better quality, and never posted scans of the CD. For some reason, LPL staff turned that into "well we can't TECHNICALLY prove that the CD exists, therefore we have to pretend the HT instrumentals don't exist because omg phear WBR," even though they're no more or less illegal to share than HT unmastered, The Rising Tied instrumentals, etc...it's stupid.

Simple answer to both is that the guy who originally ripped it threw a temper tantrum when the mp3 rip leaked, refused to share it in better quality, and never posted scans of the CD. For some reason, LPL staff turned that into "well we can't TECHNICALLY prove that the CD exists, therefore we have to pretend the HT instrumentals don't exist because omg phear WBR," even though they're no more or less illegal to share than HT unmastered, The Rising Tied instrumentals, etc...it's stupid.

Oh wow I had no idea. Now all this hush hush surround this material makes a little more sense. Its a shame, but at least we have the demos/samplers and unmastered versions of HT without no hassle or fuss. Could be allot worse I suppose.

In that case I hope LP release the HT instrumentals (and more) officially like they did with Liviing things. I can only imagine something like that will solve this problem once and for all.

In that case I hope LP release the HT instrumentals (and more) officially like they did with Living things. I can only imagine something like that will solve this problem once and for all.

btw, someone should remind Mike about releasing Acapellas & Instrumentals from THP. didn't he said about releasing it for future albums and maybe for past ones, too?