Quick question? Ask here!

Are the Hybrid Theory instrumentals mixed differently than the studio finals? One Step Closer sounds different.

The One Step Closer instrumental found in the Hybrid Theory instrumentals isn't actually ripped from the CD, it's put together from the Guitar Hero stems. Apparently the guy who ripped the CD thought it wasn't necessary to rip that track because "there was already an instrumental out there," even though Guitar Hero mixes always sound different than the original recordings.

Edited by Astat

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The One Step Closer instrumental found in the Hybrid Theory instrumentals isn't actually ripped from the CD, it's put together from the Guitar Hero stems. Apparently the guy who ripped the CD thought it wasn't necessary to rip that track because "there was already an instrumental out there," even though Guitar Hero mixes always sound different than the original recordings.

Where can the original instrumental of One Step Closer be found?

That's pretty lame. I can definitely tell the difference.

Part of the reason it sounds so different is the existing rip of the One Step Closer multitrack was done incorrectly. The drums should be separated into kick/snare/cymbal tracks like they normally are on rips from that game, but it's all one track for some reason, and even weirder, they have the bass drum on one side of the mix and the snare/cymbals on the other side. Sounds totally "wrong" compared to how the drums are actually mixed on the recording.

This one is for you Anthony: Is Mike's guitar quieter than Brad's, or is Brad's just mixed at a higher volume? It seems like Mike's guitar is not very noticeable.

Depends on the song/part, Pooch constantly plays around with the volume levels between the two of them. Mike's is cranked way up on the live outro to One Step Closer, the main melody part of Guilty All the Same, etc.

Depends on the song/part, Pooch constantly plays around with the volume levels between the two of them. Mike's is cranked way up on the live outro to One Step Closer, the main melody part of Guilty All the Same, etc.

It seems like most songs that Mike plays to, the guitar level isn't very audible over Brad's. Faint being one of them.

It seems like most songs that Mike plays to, the guitar level isn't very audible over Brad's. Faint being one of them.

Mike's guitar playing is usually just playing rhythm (barring GATS Intro, for example), so I wouldn't think putting up the rhythm over the lead riffs would sound very good. Somethings aren't meant to standout at all times. Listen to anything from A Thousand Suns, there's always going to be something you missed because it really doesn't pop out at you. But once you do hear it, it'll change the entire song for you.

Wasn't sure where to put this because I figured it wasn't important at all but it's a cool little bit of info. Anyone remember the movie ''Eurotrip'' from 2004? I had a sudden urge to watch it the other night for some reason and while I was looking up information on it, I stumbled across this.

Michelle Trachtenberg missed out on being cast in Linkin Park’s ‘Numb’ music video due to an actor not remembering his line. “Linkin Park was at our hotel at the time of shooting. They asked me to be in the video. I went to the boys and they said ‘Yeah sounds good, but it’s this one day and we’ve got this amazing French actor. He’s brilliant. He’s only available this one day.’ He was the worst actor I’ve ever worked with my entire life. He couldn’t remember, ‘What would you like to eat?’” Mandel jumps to the actors rescue, “In his defense, it was 300 degrees. We rented a restaurant that had no A/C. The bright side is, he was wonderful in the ‘Numb’ video.”

SOURCE: http://veryaware.com/2014/02/the-25-most-fascinating-things-learned-at-eurotrips-10th-anniversary-screening/

You could post it in "Did you know facts" thread. ;)

What does the .09 in Figure mean?

"Figure.09" was a working title.

Maybe they had 9 demos (or more) called "Figure"(?).

We have an instrumental called "A.06" and another one called "A.15".

During the Minutes To Midnight sessions they had demos named "Song A", "Song B", ..., "Song Z".

Also during the MTM sessions there was a demo called "Song N# 72" and during the A Thousand Suns sessions they worked on a demo called "Song Idea N# 62".

What about My December?

My December was never intended to be on Hybrid Theory. In fact, it was recorded after HT was released. They recorded it in Nashville in late 2000 so it could be on a compilation album, I believe by KROQ.

I was just researching on LP Catalogue about Vinyl releases of the main albums and I was surprised to see Meteora had a vinyl release but why on earth was it pressed on TWO vinyl records?

http://lpcatalog.com/item/2003_meteora/vinyl/0093624818618_us

It's their shortest studio album so far, so if LT, HT and MTM could all fit on one record, why not Meteora? ATS and Reanimation had to be on two as they where both longer than 45 minutes. meteora is a measly 36 minutes! What gives? :lol:

Edited by Bennington_Hahn