Quick question? Ask here!

Did Road To Revolution or RECHARGED have a special pre-order available through LP.com with an exclusive t-shirt? I know LP has done that with MTM, ATS, LT and THP, I was just wondering, because I have a Road To Revolution and RECHARGED t-shrits that I got and can't remember if it was a pre-order or not.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did Road To Revolution or RECHARGED have a special pre-order available through LP.com with an exclusive t-shirt? I know LP has done that with MTM, ATS, LT and THP, I was just wondering, because I have a Road To Revolution and RECHARGED t-shrits that I got and can't remember if it was a pre-order or not.

For RTR, are you talking about this one?

Does anyone know where are the last two instrumentals from the Joe Solo from? these two last parts that are mixed with the Plc.4 Mie Head sample doesn't sound like anything I've heard before.

Also the setlist page says that the solo includes Wretches And Kings, but I can't hear any sample from this song, what sample from WAK is used in it?

Does anyone know where are the last two instrumentals from the Joe Solo from? these two last parts that are mixed with the Plc.4 Mie Head sample doesn't sound like anything I've heard before.
Also the setlist page says that the solo includes Wretches And Kings, but I can't hear any sample from this song, what sample from WAK is used in it?

There's some original/new stuff in Joe's solo that doesn't come from any previously known song.

I definitely remember hearing W&K in there, I was the one who messaged Mark about it and told him to add it...but now I can't find it again, lol.

Did Chester have any operations on his torso/core or throat area? Or did he have any operation that could affect his voice?

He had an operation to correct a hiatal hernia at the end of the Meteora touring cycle. Not something that really affects his voice directly, but it stopped his chronic acid reflux problems, which were damaging his esophagus and causing him a lot of discomfort while he was singing.

does anyone else hear the synth effect(?) in the pre-verse/post-chorus section of Final Masquerade that sounds like a metallic gust of wind (I literally don't know how else to describe it) it's kind of like a whirring noise? it's one single note that harmonises with the guitar on that long strummed part of that section in the song. (1.07m -1.10m in the instrumental)

what I want to know is, is there a term for the effect it has on the guitar line? I guess it's to do with the sounds' volume increase but it sort of drags the note along with it, gives it momentum?

He had an operation to correct a hiatal hernia at the end of the Meteora touring cycle. Not something that really affects his voice directly, but it stopped his chronic acid reflux problems, which were damaging his esophagus and causing him a lot of discomfort while he was singing.

Wow, I never knew that.

when did they start using this?

and when did they start using it live? Rock Am Ring is hilarious to listen to..

I'm pretty sure that everyone uses some form of pitch correction on studio albums, regardless of genre. As far as live? I don't know. It makes me sad to hear that lol Edited by Justin

I'm pretty sure that everyone uses some form of pitch correction on studio albums, regardless of genre. As far as live? I don't know. It makes me sad to hear that lol

yeah I guess HT was the first. It's pretty standard, although I feel like Mike has a lot of clean-up on his vocals, he never seems to be able to hit any of the notes he can magically do on record so... yeah...

when did they start using this?

and when did they start using it live? Rock Am Ring is hilarious to listen to..

I think they also used autune on Chester during RAR 2007, not all the way by the way, only at some points. for example after the first chorus of Numb. I personally don't think they used much autotune in studio before LT. I know producers (or whoever) make the autotune not audible, but I hear that the notes Chester is hitting, are not totally smooth. They generally use little autotune, even in LT (but they used it more than on the previous albums). At most of the time they use it when a vocal is on a effect.

Studio? Hybrid Theory. Live? Living Things tour.

Can you give a link to the Ballad Medley performance where they used autotune?

I think they also used autune on Chester during RAR 2007, not all the way by the way, only at some points. for example after the first chorus of Numb. I personally don't think they used much autotune in studio before LT. I know producers (or whoever) make the autotune not audible, but I hear that the notes Chester is hitting, are not totally smooth. They generally use little autotune, even in LT (but they used it more than on the previous albums). At most of the time they use it when a vocal is on a effect.

Can you give a link to the Ballad Medley performance where they used autotune?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: LP has been endorsing Antares since Hybrid Theory (they're listed in the booklet), and Auto Tune was basically the only popular plugin Antares had on the market in 2000. The Auto Tune plugin is also visible on Mike's computer in the Waves plugin video he shot at his home studio during the A Thousand Suns era. They've used Auto Tune on every studio album. 100%.

Re: Ballad Medley - Can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but compare some of the 2012 performances to some of the 2013 ones, and you'll notice the difference. LP has been using Auto Tune on select songs/portions of songs live for "the last couple years," per my source (and that was as of May when this cycle started, so presumably since the start of the Living Things tour). Just trust me on this. Even prior to using Auto Tune itself, they were running a rack-mounted vocal pitch correction effect as far back as the Minutes to Midnight tours.

Edited by Astat