Quick question? Ask here!

I know they used, I said it myself. What do you mean by 100%? Do you mean on every single note? If yes then sorry I completely disagree with you.

Just because a note doesn't sound completely and totally smooth doesn't mean it's not a treated note.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was right the release date is tomorrow;

Anyone know if this is already avaiable?

I don't ask for links 'cause I know it's illegal, but I want to know if anyone has already heard it or if it's still unreleased.

Thanks

does this really need a totally new thread stich?

"August 12th or before" was the official line. there's still a day before we can call this "delayed"

I assume it will be emailed to everyone who ordered (like the digital copies of THP were on release day) I pre-ordered via LP.com and have not received anything yet.

this isn't like a normal studio release where it's likely to leak, so we just need to be patient.

does this really need a totally new thread stich?

"August 12th or before" was the official line. there's still a day before we can call this "delayed"

I assume it will be emailed to everyone who ordered (like the digital copies of THP were on release day) I pre-ordered via LP.com and have not received anything yet.

this isn't like a normal studio release where it's likely to leak, so we just need to be patient.

Sorry I don't want to create a useless thread?^

I just don't know how it's work; So basically it's just a like a DSP, in limited edition for those that preorder THP

Edited by stich

Sorry I don't want to create a useless thread?^

I just don't know how it's work; So basically it's just a like a DSP, in limited edition for those that preorder THP

it's no problem, but I'm sure people will start talking about it once it's released - you'll know when it's out.

it's essentially a DSP, yes, it comes "free" with a pre-order, but you still had to make a payment to LP.com in order to receive it. by my reasoning, it therefore counts as official content.

Did Mike or Chester record the rhythm guitar for No Roads? The Wikipedia page says Chester rhythm guitar on No Roads Left, but I thought Mike and Brad only record the guitar parts.

I don't think Mike OR Chester played guitar on that song in the studio (definitely not Chester). There's footage of Brad recording the rhythm parts on a Les Paul on Making of MTM/LPTV (one of the two). People tend to take what instruments the band plays on a song live as gospel when it comes to personnel on studio recordings, for some reason. This one takes it a step further, as Chester playing rhythm guitar on NRL was nothing more than the community speculating he would do so if the song was played live, since he wouldn't really have much in the way of vocal parts on it.

The "personnel" credits on LP Wikipedia pages are almost always wrong in some way.

Edited by Astat

I do think they use auto tune live since 2009

Rock am coke, istanbul is the best example :P

Has chester had any throat-or-voice related surgery after 2008??

Chester has never had "throat or voice-related surgery," period.

Proshot recordings (at least those that are aired after the show takes place) aren't a good indicator as to the presence of things like Auto Tune, because there's always time for stuff to be edited later. Live broadcasts/webcasts are somewh at more reliable, but even then, you have the variable of the production crew for the TV station/website/whatever using their equipment in addition to the equipment used by LP's sound crew, so they could still be putting additional plugins on the live feed in real-time that aren't actually being used at the show. Going off audience recordings, the earliest I've noticed the use of Auto Tune in a live LP performance was in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that Mike Shinoda was ''briefly'' the producer for SOB's album Reseda Beach. I thought Mike was the executive producer for the album, similar to how Chester was the executive producer for Death To Analog?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at my copy of Reseda Beach and on the back cover it says ''Executive Producer: Mike Shinoda''.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody knows where this information came from?

I've seen it in every wiki page about "We Made It", but never found the source...

There were a couple different video interviews in 2008 where Busta Rhymes basically said that almost word for word, but I think most of them have been pulled down, likely in the aftermath of his whole record label fiasco shortly afterward.

Just curious, but has LP ever play at a venue where swearing wasn't allowed, after MTM was out?

No but in 2009 in Shanghai the government forced them to drop Given Up and Hands Held High from the setlist.

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2009/20090815

Somehow a member even got the original notice to the band, which you can view on the show page. Pretty crazy.

Summit is from around 10am to doors (until the show opens for the public) maybe even a bit beyond that time, depending on the schedule of the summit.

Stuff that's usually happening at a summit:

- Checkin: you get your pass and all your stuff

- Lunch

- Raffle, for selected activites (for example: Photo with the band, 3 songs side stage, photographer for the first 3 songs, backstage tour with 2 band members, watch the show from FOH) but these might slightly vary.

- Auction for cool/rare selected signed items, usually like 8 items or so

- Q&A with the crew

- Activities: these are always subject to change depending on the location etc. and you have to pick before the summit.

Darien had:

- Backstage tour, bus tour, sound

- Stage tours: stage production, guitar tech, DJ tech bass tech, drum tech

Maybe some more I cant remember right now. You had to selected 4 of them and one was assigned to you.

- Last activity: Q&A with the band (maybe something acoustic) followed by a M&G with the band

Some other summits also a soundcheck