Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The other song will be on Neon Future II. I thought it was an article on Billboard.com.

As far as I remember they recorded several demos/tracks (whatever that means, maybe they were only throwing around with some ideas) when they recorded ALTNC but not the song for Neon Future II. That one got recorded later after ALTNC was released. It's possible that I got things mixed up though.

The other song they recorded with Steve Aoki is called ''Horizons'' and yes it will be on Neon Future 2, Steve's album. They worked on since 2012 but Mike was constantly changing it throughout the past few years because he didn't feel the lyrics were dark enough.

http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2014/06/steve-aoki-mentions-linkin-park-collaborated-song-horizons-neon-future-part-2/

"A sequel of the album is scheduled to be released in the winter of 2015. It is said to be having a song named "Horizons", which would feature Linkin Park.[4][5] The song would be their second collaboration after "A Light That Never Comes". The song was first revealed in an interview with Billboard.[6]"-Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Future_I

As far as I remember they recorded several demos/tracks (whatever that means, maybe they were only throwing around with some ideas) when they recorded ALTNC but not the song for Neon Future II. That one got recorded later after ALTNC was released. It's possible that I got things mixed up though.

Yes! This is what I'm looking for.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10463

- Months ago, Steve confirmed that he worked on "several songs" with Linkin Park. Is this one of them, or a newer song?

Edit:
Found it. "Four or five songs":
http://radio.com/2013/08/13/steve-aoki-on-linkin-park-collab-theyre-the-rage-against-the-machine-of-their-sound/

Edited by lpliveusername

From the interview that's on the last page I get the impression that Horizons was written/recorded after the first batch of songs they recorded. But I don't think that it's a confirmation.

I think you are right because I do know that they went BACK into the studio after the ALTNC recording sessions and they worked on more music. The easy source for that is all of the studio pictures Aoki posted with Mike and Chester well after ALTNC had come out.

I think you are right because I do know that they went BACK into the studio after the ALTNC recording sessions and they worked on more music. The easy source for that is all of the studio pictures Aoki posted with Mike and Chester well after ALTNC had come out.

I think it's pretty likely that they were working on material they had previously started though. ALTNC was worked on in bits and pieces over the course of like a year, so I'd assume the rest of that batch of songs (however many there ultimately were) would have been done the same way.

Edited by Astat

Hello everyone.

First of all I'm glad to be here, you guys really do a awesome work here about one of the best bands of the Earth.

My question is:

In the downloads section, the rare 1999 Hybrid Theory EP is available to download. As far as we know, this one was re-released two years later via LPU as the LPU 1.0 disc into a new package and mastering. Technically these two aren't the same. Could have some legal trouble downloading the file available here in lplive.net? Could have some argument or best explaining about this?

Sorry for my bad English.

Greetings from Brazil.

Edited by TheRessen

Welcome to the forums, friend!

I think you may be confusing the Hybrid Theory EP with Hybrid Theory Unmastered or the Hybrid Theory 8-Track Demo. I'm too noobish to go into legal issues but I believe there shouldn't be any problems regarding those releases - chances are, if there were existing problems, they would have been addressed long ago.

Welcome to the forums, friend!

I think you may be confusing the Hybrid Theory EP with Hybrid Theory Unmastered or the Hybrid Theory 8-Track Demo. I'm too noobish to go into legal issues but I believe there shouldn't be any problems regarding those releases - chances are, if there were existing problems, they would have been addressed long ago.

He isn't. You can find the EP in the Downloads section.

Thanks.

I'm still confused about the legal question because of these different releases and about the fact about of some songs from the EP into official releases (Step Up via In The End single, And One and Part of Me via Songs from the Underground EP, etc,).

Does anyone have any pics of the LP merch table at past LP tours? Carnivores, Honda Civic Tour, ATS Arena Tour 2011, Projekt Revolution 2008 US, MTM Arena Tour 2008, Projekt Revolution 2007, most specifically??

Edited by Geki

the original HT EP that we have for download is clearly different from the HT EP (LPU 1), the LPU1 version was remastered and is noticeably louder. We treat those 3 tracks that you mentioned as remastered versions.

OK, so we don't have problems downloading it. Anyway, I will still get/buy a LPU membership to get the remastered one and those subsequent EPs.

Thank you very much.