Quick question? Ask here!

I understand your point, but then why not call it just "Mall - Wrong Time, Wrong Place" for all of them? If it's enough for a big market like Germany (over 80 million people right?), why France needs another title? I mean what are the chances that there's a movie in France that already titled "Mall - Wrong Time, Wrong Place"?

"Mall - Wrong Time, Wrong Place" is a local decision to give it a double title I guess, to make it look more exciting. It's not like that they pay attention to make it the same everywhere. The movie business is weird, don't think about it too hard.

It's think it's even stranger that it has a english title in france because they are so anti-english most of the time.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok normally I wouldn't care about stuff like this. It's his personal life and nobody's business, but this inconsistency made me curious... Does Mike have 2 kids or 1? On wiki it says only Otis, but later on in the same article it say he has 2 children.

Edited by Justin

Ok normally I wouldn't care about stuff like this. It's his personal life and nobody's business, but this inconsistency made me curious... Does Mike have 2 kids or 1? On wiki it says only Otis, but later on in the same article it say he has 2 children.

I think he has 1 because I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of him with his family at the Glorious Excess art show thing. Maybe he has more, I'm probably wrong. I don't keep track of how many children the band members have but I think it's a lot. Lol.

2. Anna's mentioned this publicly before.

Is LPU worth the money? How come LP Summit has never been in Florida?

It depends on what you are looking for. I think it's definitely worth the money for me, because I go to a lot of LP shows and I like having early entry and meet and greet opportunities. I also collect LP stuff so I like to have a physical copy of the CD, etc. As far as the Summit thing, who knows why they haven't had one in Florida. I don't think any of us would be able to answer that. Maybe you can try and ask the band yourself?

It depends on what you are looking for. I think it's definitely worth the money for me, because I go to a lot of LP shows and I like having early entry and meet and greet opportunities. I also collect LP stuff so I like to have a physical copy of the CD, etc. As far as the Summit thing, who knows why they haven't had one in Florida. I don't think any of us would be able to answer that. Maybe you can try and ask the band yourself?

Well i've never met the band personally due to financial difficulties. I've been to a bunch of shows but don't really understand how the M&G work or how early entry works with LPU. Is it a random amount of people selected each show that are allowed to meet the band and gain early access inside?

Well i've never met the band personally due to financial difficulties. I've been to a bunch of shows but don't really understand how the M&G work or how early entry works with LPU. Is it a random amount of people selected each show that are allowed to meet the band and gain early access inside?

I'd say that it's worth it for you. If you become a member of the LPU, you can click on the ''I'm attending'' button for upcoming shows and you will be randomly entered to win a meet & greet with the band, which comes at no extra cost. The early entry feature is basically that you wear your LPU lanyard that you get with the package to the show you are attending and you can wait in the LPU line, which is different from the general public line, and you will get into the venue earlier then the general public, so it's easier to get front row if you're in the pit, or if you just want to get merch before anyone else, etc. But yes, only a select amount of people are chosen for each meet & greet because obviously the band wouldn't have the time to meet everyone who signed up. It's all about luck, really, I guess. But the early entry applies to anyone with a LPU membership and a lanyard.

Edited by Geki

I'd say that it's worth it for you. If you become a member of the LPU, you can click on the ''I'm attending'' button for upcoming shows and you will be randomly entered to win a meet & greet with the band, which comes at no extra cost. The early entry feature is basically that you wear your LPU lanyard that you get with the package to the show you are attending and you can wait in the LPU line, which is different from the general public line, and you will get into the venue earlier then the general public, so it's easier to get front row if you're in the pit, or if you just want to get merch before anyone else, etc. But yes, only a select amount of people are chosen for each meet & greet because obviously the band wouldn't have the time to meet everyone who signed up. It's all about luck, really, I guess. But the early entry applies to anyone with a LPU membership and a lanyard.

Once this tour wraps up i'm defiantly going to invest in LPU. I've already purchased my ticket for 1/15 and am heading to the show with a few friends who aren't as loyal to the band. I believe if i went alone it would be better to be a LPU member but at this moment and for the upcoming THP Tour i'm going to have to tough it out.

Once this tour wraps up i'm defiantly going to invest in LPU. I've already purchased my ticket for 1/15 and am heading to the show with a few friends who aren't as loyal to the band. I believe if i went alone it would be better to be a LPU member but at this moment and for the upcoming THP Tour i'm going to have to tough it out.

Yeah, if you go with people who aren't part of the LPU, they won't be able to get early entry because they won't have the LPU lanyard. So it might be better for you to wait it out, like you said.

Quick question: is the free THP sale already over? just got the mail, but it is at 2 bucks?

If it's on $1.99 for you already, I guess you're not from the US:

Just in time for the holidays, the Google Play store is having a special Linkin Park sale.

U.S. ONLY:
Get The Hunting Party FREE now for a limited time. You can also purchase other Linkin Park albums for only $1.99 each. Get your albums now here.
WORLD:
You can purchase every Linkin Park album for a deeply discounted price. Get your albums now here.

ahh, ok thanks for the quick answere guys.

i'm going to buy it on CD anyway, but i'm still waiting/hoping for a making-of dvd edition

Mike had said that a making-of would be unlikely. They allegedly filmed everything but he said that one thing that they were going to differently with this album cycle was the behind the scenes stuff and how it is presented. Mike's Linkin Logs from the Carnivores Tour was part of what he had in mind.

Has anyone worked the merchandise booth for LP? If so how would one get involved? I've worked merch for several musicians over the years so i actually have experience but i just don't know where to proceed. Also can someone tell me a bit more about MFR and volunteering, Do you just get to work the show nearby you or do you get to go around to other states with the band?

Dark Lover by Cheezboy was never released? And why he's not listed as a member here?

Yeah, it seems like Dark Lover was never released in studio quality, which sucks. Beer 'N' A Cigarette was on his album ''Cheezboy'' so maybe Dark Lover originates from that time period but it never made the cut or something. Or it's something that Cheezboy just came up with on the spot to play with B.O.W.

Dark Lover by Cheezboy was never released? And why he's not listed as a member here?

There's really not a lot of information about the early days of T.S.O.L. and Cheezboy's involvement, but here's what I've pieced together...

T.S.O.L. started in the Southern California punk scene in the late '70s/early '80s along with other groups like Social Distortion, Agent Orange, and Nobody Special. Cheezboy was friends with Pat Taylor from Nobody Special, and the two of them got into T.S.O.L. early on after seeing some of their shows. The two of them subsequently became friends with the guys in T.S.O.L., Ron Emery in particular. At some point, Cheezboy got more involved with T.S.O.L., he helped finance their Change Today? album and probably managed them for a while. Whether he was a full-fledged member of the group at any point is questionable, but he either wrote/co-wrote some of their songs, or likes to take credit for them, because he still performs T.S.O.L. songs live from time to time, as evidenced by this Tweet. Cheezboy also went on to be a member of the band Pirates of Venus, and released his own self-titled album.