Quick question? Ask here!

Those tunes sounded familiar, I remember his P5hng version, what do you think about the Forgotten sample that I wrote about?

I know you're asking Astat, but even listening to the instrumental (not in reverse) I hear the beep. I don't know that it's an EKG machine (if that's what you're talking about). I mean it's possible... I'm pretty sure it's not a guitar harmonic though.

That version is by TheKen with vocals from his friend Joanna.

Thanks for the info. Well, it sounds pretty good regardless.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those tunes sounded familiar, I remember his P5hng version, what do you think about the Forgotten sample that I wrote about?

I'm really not sure, but from the stuff we've gotten via multitracks over the years, I've noticed that a lot of LP's more staccato synth stuff on the first two albums actually sounds a lot like MIDI synth stuff with some extra effects added to it. The background synth in the Somewhere I Belong chorus comes to mind, Forgotten might be another thing like that. And I'm willing to bet most of that kind of synth stuff on the first two albums was played on Mike's MPC.

Does anyone know how to create a synth sound that sounds somewhat like the outro synth of Robot Boy? I absolutely love the sound of the solo synth. It's so fluid-sounding.

While I'm at it, I missed the post saying that Forgotten's "beep" sound couldn't be harmonics on guitar. I've personally tried it, and a 5th fret harmonic on the high E string sounds a lot like it.

And another thing. It's been said a few times in places that the Breaking the Habit drum track got that chirp glitch and wasn't noticed until after the album was mixed. But we can hear on the 2002 demo that the glitch was there even back then. So are we sure it wasn't intentional?

Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet

does anyone know everything that Linkin park has released on vinyl? I have been collecting a lot of vinyls lately and i have a few LP albums on vinyl (hybrid theory and Meteora). but i would like to maybe one day have a complete collection of the stuff Linkin park has put out on vinyl.

does anyone know everything that Linkin park has released on vinyl? I have been collecting a lot of vinyls lately and i have a few LP albums on vinyl (hybrid theory and Meteora). but i would like to maybe one day have a complete collection of the stuff Linkin park has put out on vinyl.

Check this site:

http://lpcatalog.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Got tickets to linkin park's show in Finland :D and I bought the "premium package". I'm very excited to finally meet and see them live! Does somebody have experiences of that package? Yes I know I'll be allowed to attend the meet and greet and read some info on LPs website, but what happens after the m&g? I read read somewhere that they'll be sent to the pit but at the very back, so not the best place. After all, package includes early entry so where will I get to watch the concert, on the front or far away of the stage? Thanks for replies in advance and sorry for my bad English :)

Edited by Krizlinkin

Hmm I don't have that sadly. I just looked through my folder. LPTimes would be the best place for it. Search the LPTimes archives via archive.org and see if they ever posted about it. If they did then I can ask Jas for it.

Unfortunately I found nothing. I'll be grateful if you ask him.

Linkin Park have had one album left since 2005 at this point, lol. I'm almost positive they no longer give a fuck about the Warner contract, and I'm sure they've silently renewed it several times. Maybe after HT and Meteora they could bargain for more power but after LT and THP I think they're glad that Warner still has their backs.

It doesn't really matter how many albums they have left on this contract, I doubt that they would leave Warner anyway, why would they even do that? It works well for them, and they've repeatedly said that they can do pretty much anything they want at this point and they are doing it. They have their own management, they manage themselves.

People still seem to think if they were to leave Warner and go independent, would free them from Satan's cage and would totally change the band. That's just what the people want, not what's actually going to happen.