Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, LP guitar solos doesn't seem to be complicated, so I thought Barack Your World may be more complicated, but anyway thanks for the answers

LP have come a long way, they are much better musically then when they started out with Hybrid Theory. Also, I know a friend of mine who plays with a lot of bands that tour all over the world like The Mahones for example and he told me once that a guitar player doesn't have to be super complex and intricate to be ''good''. But anyways, I think a lot of the guitar work on The Hunting Party and Minutes To Midnight are pretty good.

LP have come a long way, they are much better musically then when they started out with Hybrid Theory. Also, I know a friend of mine who plays with a lot of bands that tour all over the world like The Mahones for example and he told me once that a guitar player doesn't have to be super complex and intricate to be ''good''. But anyways, I think a lot of the guitar work on The Hunting Party and Minutes To Midnight are pretty good.

I didn't say it's bad, I really love many of LP guitar solos, all I said is that they are a bit primitive compared to other solos I know.

I didn't say it's bad, I really love many of LP guitar solos, all I said is that they are a bit primitive compared to other solos I know.

Yes I think this is because Brad said once that he doesn't like to play flashy guitar solos and stuff. He said he likes to add a nice sonic background that doesn't always have to be complex to sound cool. But he is still a good guitarist, he might not be the best guitarist out there but he is still good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IS there a list of acoustic songs performed by Linkin Park?

I believe all the acoustic songs have their own entries in the List of Songs Played Live now, they're just mixed in with everything else.

I believe all the acoustic songs have their own entries in the List of Songs Played Live now, they're just mixed in with everything else.

Thank you very much, I knew it's somewhere there I just couldn't locate it on the website

Was 'Kenji' Mike's grandpa?

In terms of the person the song's based on, yes (although Kenji wasn't his name, Mike just used his own middle name for the sake of the song not being too personal about someone else). Mike's dad was 3 years old when they were in the camps. He was interviewed for the song, and I believe the woman who was interviewed is his great aunt.

In terms of the person the song's based on, yes (although Kenji wasn't his name, Mike just used his own middle name for the sake of the song not being too personal about someone else). Mike's dad was 3 years old when they were in the camps. He was interviewed for the song, and I believe the woman who was interviewed is his great aunt.

According to this: http://ethnicelebs.com/mike-shinoda

The name of his grandpa is Kuzo Shinoda

His paternal grandparents i.e. his fathers parents would have the same surname.

However I don't believe this article as it states his maternal grandparents i.e. his mothers parents are called 'Lovejoy' when I'm 99% sure that was Anna's surname before marriage. Or it's a big coincidence.

As a side note - what a bizzare website! Celebrities ethnicity??!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Kirstie

• 4 weeks later...