Quick question? Ask here!

Busta got kicked off of Interscope in the middle of Projekt Revolution in 2008 because he got into a big argument with Jimmy Iovine. They pulled all his tour funding, so he had to go home. They also retained the rights to We Made It since it had already been released as a promo single on their label, so he couldn't release it on the album once he signed with Universal/Flipmode (the same went for the other promo single he released, Don't Touch Me).

And yeah, he changed that album title a ton. It was Before Hell Freezes Over, then it was Back on My Bullshit (or B.O.M.B.), then it was Blessed, then he left Interscope and it reverted back to the second title, but as "Back on My B.S." instead.

If there's some type of album advance with We Made It on it, it should be under the title "Blessed."

Wow... cool to know the full story. I had always wondered exactly what happened. I remember there was a rumor going around in 2008 that Mike and Busta got in an altercation backstage and that's why he left the tour, but we all knew that was false. Just good to know the full story now. Thanks.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why I can't find DSPs from Moscow 2011 & iTunes Festival 2011 at downloads.linkinpark.com? Where can I download mp3 from these shows in good quality and without shitty censorship? :s

There was no DSP for iTunes Festival. Only a few songs from this show were released officially (as part of the iTunes Festival EP and the Burn It Down single).

The Moscow 2011 DSP was never sold. They gave us a free download at linkinpark.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think they have a pure photographer anymore. Jason Lemiere and Tim Solar were doing the DSP photos for a long time but not anymore. On Carnivores they had a guy called Justin + an assistant, I'm not sure if he's with the band anymore, at least he wasn't in Europe. He did the M&G photos. Lorenzo is taking photos too whenever he's on tour with the band.

They all have different jobs too so they don't really have a person that does photos only. Fiore takes photos too here and there, but Waterman is long gone.

I want to buy the LPU12 cd but it's not offered in the LPU store as a physical copy. I'm thinking about getting the download version. Once I bought LPU6 and it came in a horrible bitrate (128 KB/s) or something.
Do you know the bitrate of LPU12 (Digital version)?

Is Mike the one who plays solo in Barack Your World?

For me the solo seems to be as or more technical than many of LP solos, but is it? Would it mean that Mike may be as good or better guitarist than Brad?

Song was created entirely by Mike and Mark Wakefield, and Mark Wakefield doesn't play guitar, so...

And that solo is not the least bit impressive. It's incredibly sloppy, "I've been playing for 6 months and just learned the blues scale"-level playing. Sounds like a 15 year old kid trying to ape an AC/DC solo.

And that solo is not the least bit impressive. It's incredibly sloppy, "I've been playing for 6 months and just learned the blues scale"-level playing. Sounds like a 15 year old kid trying to ape an AC/DC solo.

DAYUM!

#shitsfired

Are LP solos any more complicated than this?