Quick question? Ask here!

Do Phoenix and Joe really sing during Waiting for the End, Iridescent, Lost in the Echo etc? I'm not convinced at all.

If you're referring to live performances, yes. Joe's backing vocals are clearly audible during the last chorus of WFTE on most performances, for example (he does the higher harmony that doubles Mike's vocal line). There are numerous instances on ATS/Living Things songs where they're singing ALONG with a backing track, but they're never lip syncing.

Studio-wise, most of the vocals are layers of Mike and Chester. Other members (including Rob, who doesn't do any vocals live) sing studio backing vocals for the gang vocal sections of Hands Held High, Iridescent, The Catalyst, The Messenger, In My Remains, Lies Greed Misery, All for Nothing, and Guilty All the Same. Not all gang vocal sections include all 6 members, but there are at least 4 of them any time they do them.

Edited by Astat

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're referring to live performances, yes. Joe's backing vocals are clearly audible during the last chorus of WFTE on most performances, for example (he does the higher harmony that doubles Mike's vocal line). There are numerous instances on ATS/Living Things songs where they're singing ALONG with a backing track, but they're never lip syncing.

Studio-wise, most of the vocals are layers of Mike and Chester. Other members (including Rob, who doesn't do any vocals live) sing studio backing vocals for the gang vocal sections of Hands Held High, Iridescent, The Catalyst, The Messenger, In My Remains, Lies Greed Misery, All for Nothing, and Guilty All the Same. Not all gang vocal sections include all 6 members, but there are at least 4 of them any time they do them.

Remember MTV's version of EMA 2010 - Phoenix's "Hey!" over W&K and WTFCM are clear and even louder that on ATS+. What was difficult to hear... TLTGYA - so quite.

Sorry to be a noob here, but was Mike actually approached about doing the male vocals on Bring Me To Life? I've seen it online a few times that they approached Mike, but after he declined they settled on Paul McCoy.

Sorry to be a noob here, but was Mike actually approached about doing the male vocals on Bring Me To Life? I've seen it online a few times that they approached Mike, but after he declined they settled on Paul McCoy.

I don't think that he was ever approached. I think that was just a rumor. But I could be wrong. If it is true, I would almost guarantee that the label wanted Mike to appear on the song to boost sales for Evanescence.

I don't think that he was ever approached. I think that was just a rumor. But I could be wrong. If it is true, I would almost guarantee that the label wanted Mike to appear on the song to boost sales for Evanescence.

No. http://mikeshinoda.com/2008/10/03/wikipedia/

Morning After. More info here.

Thx dude, we should ask Chester AGAIN to release the full Vegas show, I remember that it was fully recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQwc8ryP7b8

Mark Wakefield credited for "One Step Closer". WTF?

Emile Haynie isn't credited for "A Line In The Sand" on BMI but he is credited on ASCAP. Did he really work on this song?

The Mark Wakefield credit on OSC is flat-out a mistake. OSC was one of the last songs written for Hybrid Theory and wasn't even conceived until after Chester had been in the band for close to a year (the song was written as an angry response to the band's frustration with trying to re-arrange Stick N' Move into the song that became Runaway).

I doubt Emilie Haynie was involved with ALITS. Most of his writing credits that aren't his own music are on songs that he produced, and per the THP booklet he only produced Final Masquerade. Weirder things have happened though.

Wind-Up wanted Amy to ask Mike because they were recording Fallen at NRG at the same time LP was recording Meteora. Amy didn't think the song needed rap vocals in the first place and didn't want to ask him, because it was basically just a case of Wind-Up trying to make Evanescence's first single sound like LP since they were the "big thing" at the time. Amy talked to Chester about it and asked him for advice, he told her to do what she wanted and not listen to the label, so she never asked Mike.

Then the label gave Amy a big "fuck you" and brought in Paul McCoy from 12 Stones (another Wind-Up band) to do the vocals she didn't want them to force into the song in the first place.

This is a random question regarding the sounds in two songs:

• Does anyone know if the intro to In My Remains is scratched (before the keyboard part comes in)? Been told so.
  • Does the end of Mark the Graves during the interlude sound like scratching to anyone? I didn't think so at first but there's one sound that sounds particularly turntable-like. This one is pretty unlikely but it's still something.

Two questions:
Where "Barack Your World" originally posted (the mp3)? www.barackyourworld.org?
Where "Magic Doors" remix originally posted (only on YouTube?)? It had any kind of video?

If I remember right, there was no mp3 download of Barack Your World. The first time we heard the song was in a YouTube video with nothing on it (just a black screen). A few days after, the music video (and the website) were launched.

Right after the song was recorded, Mike told us to "go find it". I think there was a mp3 somewhere out there, someone found it and uploaded it to YouTube. If you read Mike's post, you'll see he said "I didn't put it up".

"Magic Doors" didn't have any video by the way. Just a still image.

If I remember right, there was no mp3 download of Barack Your World. The first time we heard the song was in a YouTube video with nothing on it (just a black screen). A few days after, the music video (and the website) were launched.

Mp3 and Video links were here, audio upload to YouTube was here (04.09.2008), and music video on YouTube here (19.10.2008).

The question is when the links originally posted (barackyourworld.org/mikeshinoda.com/somewhere else/etc..).

I was listening to THP in Apple Lossless today on my good speakers and I noticed that Rick's voice is heard at the interlude after All For Nothing. Listen very closely, it's definitely him. Interesting... wasn't Mike working with Rick in 2013 but then they decided to take the heavy route and they decided not to use him this time around? Maybe the interlude at the end of All For Nothing was a part of the stuff that Mike was making before he wanted to make a heavy album.

I think this is all just Brad and Mike, or what part do you mean exactly?

The talking before Brad says ''put the heavy shit there'' definitely sounds like Rick to me. I only ever heard his voice in the making ofs but he sounds like the voice to me.

Mp3 and Video links were here, audio upload to YouTube was here (04.09.2008), and music video on YouTube here (19.10.2008).

The question is when the links originally posted (barackyourworld.org/mikeshinoda.com/somewhere else/etc..).

Wow! Can't believe the links are still working. Funny how it is tagged as "Mark and Mike".

I remember the Barack Your World website only had the music video.

I think these download links were just something people found... I could be wrong though.

Since we're talking about White Pegacorn, I remember their YouTube channel had a fake list of band members. Anyone still have it?