Quick question? Ask here!

Does anyone happen to have some background on Rob Cavallo suddenly producing with Linkin Park? Wastelands and Mall OST?

Rob Cavallo has been the president of WBR ever since Tom Whalley retired a few years ago. Wastelands was a random one-off (as was Emile Haynie producing Final Masquerade), Mall soundtrack was just an executive producer credit, which could mean practically nothing in terms of actual input.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the CD insert for ''White People'' by Handsome Boy Modeling School, it says the vocals from Mike and Chester were recorded at ''The Stockroom''. Anyone know what else LP has recorded there? Trying to get an idea of maybe when their parts in the track they contributed were written.

In the CD insert for ''White People'' by Handsome Boy Modeling School, it says the vocals from Mike and Chester were recorded at ''The Stockroom''. Anyone know what else LP has recorded there? Trying to get an idea of maybe when their parts in the track they contributed were written.

The Stockroom is Mike's home studio. First stuff I'm aware of being recorded there was a bunch of Reanimation material.

Edited by Astat

The Stockroom is Mike's home studio. First stuff I'm aware of being recorded there was a bunch of Reanimation material.

Ahh. Thanks. I knew that name sounded familiar. I bet that Mike and Chester's parts must have either come from an old LP demo or maybe they just made it up on the spot. What makes me think that is because there parts sound nothing alike and they don't mesh with the rest of the song.

I have this doubt about Rock and Roll Could Never Hip Hop Like This Part 2. Could be the Mike and/or Chester parts in the song being parts of a old LP demo? Especially Chester's part, which has Mike whispering "breathe"? I don't know if we have some info about it, so maybe we could ask the band, idk lol.

I'd say it's likely they brought in their own demos for inclusion in those parts of the songs, but don't take it as confirmation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_People_%28album%29

The "Additional personnel", which I'd guess was taken from the album lists Mike and Chester as writers of the song.

Then Chino Moreno is listed as a writer for The Hours too. However Prince Paul and Dan Nakamura are listed as producers of the songs.

I'm leaning towards each artist bringing in their own demos and co-producing the final product in each song since the styles of the songs are so diverse it would be unlikely for 2 producers to branch out like this.

Could be this. Maybe we'll never know the real story about it.

But, if the parts are demos, we can hope that they will release the demo in LPU XL? lol

I would say that is highly unlikely given that we don't know for sure that they are LP demos and Mike and Chester probably don't even remember what demos they were from and they probably don't even remember this project at all. If I had to guess, if they are in fact old LP demos, they're probably from the Meteora era which is the most obvious guess. Either that or they just messed around to come up with some shit for the track on the spot in 2004 when the album was released.

The question is about bonus live album - Hybrid Theory (Live At Download Festival 2014) that was available in the Pre-Order of The Hunting Party.

Is this album is released by "Warner Bros." or it is just part of the "LP Archives"?

The question is about bonus live album - Hybrid Theory (Live At Download Festival 2014) that was available in the Pre-Order of The Hunting Party.

Is this album is released by "Warner Bros." or it is just part of the "LP Archives"?

Everything the band has ever released in an official format (including the DSP/"LP Archive" shows you speak of) is ultimately under Warner...

I would not so sure, especially when LPU CDs are not released by WarnerBros.

I'm sorry are you trying to say Warner has no stake in any of the LPU songs? I don't have evidence on hand at this very second, but I would be extremely, extremely surprised to learn Warner had no copyright over LPU CD's. It's officially released Linkin Park material. Pretty sure Warner is getting paid as well from the LPU packages.

I'm sorry are you trying to say Warner has no stake in any of the LPU songs? I don't have evidence on hand at this very second, but I would be extremely, extremely surprised to learn Warner had no copyright over LPU CD's. It's officially released Linkin Park material. Pretty sure Warner is getting paid as well from the LPU packages.

Maybe he have rights for the songs in some kind, but these CDs are not released by him, besides one version of LPU 9 that was relesed in stores.

EDIT: btw i was just asking is this is relesed by warnet, not if he have rights for the songs etc.

Warner didn't release any of LPU CDs.

Edited by martinez

Warner didn't release any of LPU CDs.

Isn't Machine Shop Records owned by Warner anyway?

Sorry, but you can't prove it by the information of ID3 tags. Everyone can modify it.

I pre-ordered the album. I have the original untouched files from linkinpark.com (both mp3 and FLAC) and they have the same thing: "2014 Warner Bros. Records Inc.".

Isn't Machine Shop Records owned by Warner anyway?

Yeah, maybe.

I pre-ordered the album. I have the original untouched files from linkinpark.com (both mp3 and FLAC) and they have the same thing: "2014 Warner Bros. Records Inc.".

Ok.

Only don't know why on the CD is Linkin Park LLC instead of warner.

Edited by martinez

Is there any news about the song ''Horizons'' that LP did with Steve Aoki? I know it's going to be on Neon Future 2, but Steve Aoki said it's supposed to come out this year so I was wondering if there was any idea for a release date. Summer 2015 maybe? I really can't wait to hear the song... It's going to be epic most likely.

Where can I find that Kerrang interview where Mike says A Line In The Sand is a mix of everything LP has ever done?

You might be thinking of a tweet that he posted during THP listening party after it was released.

Do Phoenix and Joe really sing during Waiting for the End, Iridescent, Lost in the Echo etc? I'm not convinced at all.

They definitely sing on Iridescent because of footage showing them recording it. Sometimes sources will list what is played by each member live as what they contributed in the studio as well.