Quick question? Ask here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why Dave Farrell is beign known as Phoenix?

Mike: Our bass player Dave, when he joined the band, told people his name was “The Phoenix.” It was a joke, because having a stage name is kinda ridiculous. Anyway, he got that name from this movie. And people took it seriously, and they printed it! I guess the joke’s on him though, because now he’s in Linkin Park and people literally have “Phoenix” tattoos. But the good news is that Dave has a great sense of humor—like, he went in to his own Wikipedia page and put in that he was a certified master BBQer. And that started showing up in interviews.

Source

Why Dave Farrell is beign known as Phoenix?

http://lplive.net/shows/db/thesnax/20001005S

Other Notes: The FALL of the SNAX - Friday October 6th, 2000 - 9:27:02 am

hey we are still on our fall tour with .rod laver. things are bittersweet. we have had a blast, but to be honest some of the shows have not been that good. but we are still in good spirits. we got new pictures up and we should have some more when we get back by the end of october. Big News- we are playing on Halloween with the Supertones in Santa Barbara. should be good. well snackers, keep praying for, and check the site every now and then and we will continue to try and update as much as we can. FIORE and the SNAX by the way, dave is no longer dave, we have decided from now on to call him Phoenix" ....for no reason other than it just sounds cool.

Hello guys! I saw the remix guide available here and saw that Robot Boy and Session songs has a 5.1 instrumental channels. I do not know if you can pass the link to download, but can you tell me what is the source?

Thank you! :)

Sorry for my bad English!

Edited by cesaraugusto

Yes, Robot Boy is in 5.1, it splits into six individual tracks when I open it in my DAW.

Session 5.1 was in the Live in Texas credits, although it seems like it was just up-converted from a stereo mix rather than being a true 5.1 mix using the original stems. Not a lot of variance between channels on that one.

Hi. Interested in the following ... In 2010 released the first album of D2D, which has 2 tracks produced by Mike Shinoda . In 2013, it became clear that the Lupe Fiasco and Kenna - Resurrection was used instrumental Linkin Park - Universe. Now, is there any information about Kenna - Never Let Me Down?

Hi. Interested in the following ... In 2010 released the first album of D2D, which has 2 tracks produced by Mike Shinoda . In 2013, it became clear that the Lupe Fiasco and Kenna - Resurrection was used instrumental Linkin Park - Universe. Now, is there any information about Kenna - Never Let Me Down?

Never Let Me Down was originally recorded for Kenna's album Make Sure They See My Face, but didn't make the cut. He was originally going to release an EP of outtakes from those sessions that included that song, but that never happened and the track ended up on D2D instead. It was co-produced by Mike and Chad Hugo from the Neptunes, so it was never in consideration as a Linkin Park track unlike Resurrection.

Thanks)

Never Let Me Down was originally recorded for Kenna's album Make Sure They See My Face, but didn't make the cut. He was originally going to release an EP of outtakes from those sessions that included that song, but that never happened and the track ended up on D2D instead. It was co-produced by Mike and Chad Hugo from the Neptunes, so it was never in consideration as a Linkin Park track unlike Resurrection.

Edited by Razorkvn

When was the Fort Minor Sampler Mixtape released? I know that it was released in 2005 but I don't know when exactly.

Mid-October of 2005, a little less than two weeks before We Major was released. Street Team members got their packages on different days so pinning down an exact date isn't really possible, but the thread on LPA about it is dated October 16th.

Mid-October of 2005, a little less than two weeks before We Major was released. Street Team members got their packages on different days so pinning down an exact date isn't really possible, but the thread on LPA about it is dated October 16th.

Thanks Astat! ;)

Is there a reason Daron from System of a Down gets no publicity from Linkin Park for being a guest on their album? The LPTV episodes of them playing Rebellion live are filmed and edited to make it seem as if Daron isn't there,, and there was no "making of" for Rebellion like there was for Rakim and Tom on their YouTube channel. It seems kind of weird to me, idk.

Is this source of We Major actually any better than the average 320kbps download (like the one on LPLive's downloads)? https://celphtitled.bandcamp.com/album/we-major

I'd be willing to pay for the "lossless" versions, I just wanna know if they actually are or just converted mp3's to fit that site's standards or something

Edit: Ignore me, I'm a dipshit, it says it right on the page. Anyways, is it common knowledge then that there's an official lossless version for pretty cheap?

Edited by TripleXero

Is there a reason Daron from System of a Down gets no publicity from Linkin Park for being a guest on their album? The LPTV episodes of them playing Rebellion live are filmed and edited to make it seem as if Daron isn't there,, and there was no "making of" for Rebellion like there was for Rakim and Tom on their YouTube channel. It seems kind of weird to me, idk.

And Paige got a video too. Nobody cares about Daron lol.

And Paige got a video too. Nobody cares about Daron lol.

There's a clip of them at the LA show of Carnivores tour in the LPTV and even Mike has the crowd pumped for them

Is this source of We Major actually any better than the average 320kbps download (like the one on LPLive's downloads)? https://celphtitled.bandcamp.com/album/we-major

I'd be willing to pay for the "lossless" versions, I just wanna know if they actually are or just converted mp3's to fit that site's standards or something

Edit: Ignore me, I'm a dipshit, it says it right on the page. Anyways, is it common knowledge then that there's an official lossless version for pretty cheap?

Hmm, strange. What about FLAC rips from the CD? Aren't they the same quality as FLAC on bandcamp?