Quick question? Ask here!

To me it sounds like a DIY effect but Astat just bought your story so that's very interesting and i'm really looking forward to see if this is real or not.

If you actually have all that stuff throw some pictures, share the full stuff, let's make an article about it.

I've never heard any "DIY effect" that can completely mute a guitar or bass track from a mix without touching anything else like what's in that By Myself clip. It's essentially impossible to do from a standard stereo mix unless you have something weird going on where those parts are the only things in the mix that are either completely mono or hard panned 100% to one side of the mix (which isn't a trait of the early demos). The fact that his previous DIY stuff was done in Adobe Audition, a program I've used for years and know all the ins and outs of, makes me confident that it's not something he could do with that setup. In fact, I don't think it's something I could do with this setup (which is what I've been working with lately).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does it mean AMBO Intro?

I think it means AMBO as in ambient, but I also think is has something to do with the siren sounds in the intro

It's an ambulance. That's what it means.

EDIT: So i've read somewhere that the Hybrid Theory EP was Re-issued because they changed the band name, and the reissue version become LPU1, Is it true that the tracks on the re-issue version were changed/mixed differently? even slightly? if so i want to download it

What we have in the Downloads page is the original 1999 issue. If you downloaded it, the songs on the LPU version are exactly the same. The only difference is that the LPU version sounds louder.

We can't post links for official material that's still available for sale in the forums, but you can buy a digital version of the LPU version in the LPU store.

Edited by lpliveusername

What we have in the Downloads page is the original 1999 issue. If you downloaded it, the songs on the LPU version are exactly the same. The only difference is that the LPU version sounds louder.

We can't post links for official material that's still available for sale in the forums, but you can buy a digital version of the LPU version in the LPU store.

Thankyou, I will buy it just to make sure, because that "In the end (Demo)" on LPU 11 may just sound like it's louder than the ones on the sample discs, but theres a few stems they changed up, So you can never be 100% sure.

I will tell you guys if there are any differences.

I seem to recall one HTEP track (And One?) having the left and right channels swapped between the original and LPU versions. The mixes are otherwise the same though, LPU version is just more brickwalled.

In the End demo on LPU 11 is a bit different than the demo CD version. Only LPU demo that's completely identical to the demo CD is Forgotten.

i just wanted to know what it's name was because there is a clip i have of Mike's whisper stems from that demo

but it i think the echo's are different http://picosong.com/Ts38/

The whisper starts here around 00:54, the channel name's is "Rares" so I guess this is yours.

While here you call it "stems" over the video description it's "Some DIY acapella samples from Linkin Park's "Crawling demo"".

So, it's not a mystery anymore which stems you've got (or haven't), one thing you sure have and that's a pretty good skills and abilities with audio editors.

You've got our attention and impressed us, the question is what's next?

Someone tricked Astat? OMG.

I don't like liars but atleast you gave me something interesting to listen, the instrumentals you created for the demos are very good, im checking the rest of your stuff it's very interesting, I would love to have the original files of your instrumentals and acapellas.

Edited by JZE

Ah! you have discovered me!, Yes the uncles studio thing was just a false story.

I just know an overlooked method of DIY extraction.

I figured it out myself out of pure curiosity one day on Adobe Audition (Although can be done on any program with DAW)

Astat, I admire your Knowledge on all this sort of stuff, Your Interpretation on what my "SuperXero" thing was awesome and almost even convinced myself into what i made actually was :D

You are absolutely the smartest person i have ever come across when i come to forums about this

And although it looks as if it would be impossible to do without originally having the stems, it can still be done DIY.

And if you want to know how, i will tell you guys. It can be done by anyone to almost every audio file.

Currently against your guys wishes i am looking for a Downloadable version for "LPU V.1" since you guys state that some tracks are mixed differently to the original Hybrid Theory EP version, If that is true i could potentially take advantage of that and get some pretty interesting results.

I would buy it but i am to young to own any card to buy things off the Internet with 😕

And i gotta say i have been listening to LP for years, Since primary school and all through highschool, I had all the demo's and such downloaded and would always listen, LP always gave me such a weird mysterious vibe especially the demo's, The nostalgia is Strong when i listen to all those demo instrumentals on the LPU's like "coal" and "Divided".

But although i was a strong listener to linkin park, i never really knew they had such a big fanbase,

And this fanbase on this website and LPA has got to be one of the best fan-bases for any band ever.

you have information about EVERYTHING, You have a freaking Compassion page where u state all the differences between demo's and such, That is amazing!

And Thankyou Skipees and JZE for the compliment :) and sorry for lying before, i was just looking for attention

Edited by Oliaggy

No problem dude I was wondering if you could do some stuff for Paramore songs, would be cool dude.

Yea i could probably do some pretty cool things with some tracks from Paramore

And does anybody have the Esaul version from HybridTheory.com in good quality? i can only find a youtube quality version of it

Ah! you have discovered me!, Yes the uncles studio thing was just a false story.

I figured it out myself out of pure curiosity one day on Adobe Audition (Although can be done on any program with DAW)

Astat, I admire your Knowledge on all this sort of stuff, Your Interpretation on what my "SuperXero" thing was awesome and almost even convinced myself into what i made actually was :D

You are absolutely the smartest person i have ever come across when i come to forums trying to trick people into thinking i have some obscure rare stuff.

And although it looks as if it would be impossible to do without originally having the stems, it can still be done DIY.

And if you want to know how, i will tell you guys. It can be done by anyone to almost every audio file.

Currently against your guys wishes i am looking for a Downloadable version for "LPU V.1" since you guys state that some tracks are mixed differently to the original Hybrid Theory EP version, If that is true i could potentially take advantage of that and get some pretty interesting results.

I would buy it but i am to young to own any card to buy things of the Internet with :\

And i gotta say i have been listening to LP for years, Since primary school and all through highschool, I had all the demo's and such downloaded and would always listen, LP always gave me such a weird mysterious vibe especially the demo's, The nostalgia is Strong when i listen to all those demo instrumentals on the LPU's like "coal" and "Divided".

But although i was a strong listener to linkin park, i never really knew they had such a big fanbase,

And this fanbase on this website and LPA has got to be one of the best fan-bases for any band ever.

you have information about EVERYTHING, You have a freaking Compassion page where u state all the differences between demo's and such, That is amazing!

And Thankyou Skipees and JZE for the compliment :)

This is some really cool stuff you're doing. I'd love to hear you make multitracks or at least acapellas of some of their songs where we don't have one.

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

You are absolutely the smartest person i have ever come across when i come to forums trying to trick people into thinking i have some obscure rare stuff.

I would buy it but i am to young to own any card to buy things of the Internet with :\

And Thankyou Skipees and JZE for the compliment :)

Out of curiosity, what version of Audition do you use? I pretty much know everything there is to know about 3.0 and earlier (as well as the program's predecessor Cool Edit Pro). I'm assuming it's something in the Channel Mixer function but if you're using a later version they may have expanded the capabilities of it. Definitely not something I currently know how to do in Pro Tools either but I'm limited by what plugins they have on the campus computers at McNally Smith right now since I don't have Pro Tools at home yet.

Out of curiosity, what version of Audition do you use? I pretty much know everything there is to know about 3.0 and earlier (as well as the program's predecessor Cool Edit Pro). I'm assuming it's something in the Channel Mixer function but if you're using a later version they may have expanded the capabilities of it. Definitely not something I currently know how to do in Pro Tools either but I'm limited by what plugins they have on the campus computers at McNally Smith right now since I don't have Pro Tools at home yet.

I use CS6, but it has nothing to do what program you have or what effects or plug-ins you have.

I am looking forward to telling you how to do it in full detail later on, i have to go somewhere really soon so i'll type it all after.

But it is literally so hilariously simple it's overlooked by everyone.

The second version of the Xero tape (with the baby on the cover) have the lyrics of Reading My Eyes in the insert (only Mike's verses).

Are the lyrics there in the first version (with the shopping cart on the cover) too?

Good question...I actually don't think I've ever seen an image of the back side of the insert on the first version!

I basically just realized that we literally only received two episodes for the making of THP through LPTV. True Chainz and Drawbar. For LT and ATS, we had tons of episodes for the making of certain songs on those albums. Any clue why? Has it ever been said now it's been over 2 years since THP came out?

I basically just realized that we literally only received two episodes for the making of THP through LPTV. True Chainz and Drawbar. For LT and ATS, we had tons of episodes for the making of certain songs on those albums. Any clue why? Has it ever been said now it's been over 2 years since THP came out?

IKR! I love the behind the scenes videos on their albums, but I was really dissapointed during THP cycle. Also, those episodes on Drawbar and True Chainz came out of nowhere if I remember correctly. That was kinda weird.

I don't think we're getting any episodes this coming album either. It seems the band wants to use more social media and studio updates.