Quick question? Ask here!

How were Bruiser, Space Station, Complimentary and Asteroids all released with StageLight? Were they included as free mp3's with the software? And what's the story with Loop Jam 1 and Loop Jam 2? Pardon my ignorance, I just really never paid much attention to these releases when they came out.

Also, was Blackbirds ever released as a single of any sorts in 2010? I know it was included as a bonus track on the iTunes edition of ATS but I could have sworn it saw some other form of a release, like a digital single or something, somewhere.

The Stagelight tracks had stems ("multitracks") available in the software. You needed to open the session and export them (in .wav format). The Loop Jams (just like Asteroids) were created from various Linkin Park samples included in their respective bundles. A few of them are listed here. I guess no one really took the time to figure out all the samples used in each song.

Although the song did get radio airplay in various countries following the release of the game, Blackbirds was never released as a single. There was a digital single planned, like Martinez said, but it never happened. It was included in the iTunes version of A Thousand Suns instead (both the original release and the "Mastered For iTunes" version).

Edited by lpliveusername

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Stagelight tracks had stems ("multitracks") available in the software. You needed to open the session and export them (in .wav format). The Loop Jams (just like Asteroids) were created from various Linkin Park samples included in their respective bundles. A few of them are listed here. I guess no one really took the time to figure out all the samples used in each song.

Although the song did get radio airplay in various countries following the release of the game, Blackbirds was never released as a single. There was a digital single planned, like Martinez said, but it never happened. It was included in the iTunes version of A Thousand Suns instead (both the original release and the "Mastered For iTunes" version).

So Bruiser, Space Station and Complimentary are all original tracks, and weren't created from various sounds like Asteroids and the Jams were? I thought Asteroids was an original song as well, interesting to know that it's just a song created by all the sounds.

So Bruiser, Space Station and Complimentary are all original tracks, and weren't created from various sounds like Asteroids and the Jams were? I thought Asteroids was an original song as well, interesting to know that it's just a song created by all the sounds.

Yes. Complimentary was actually created solely by Mike Shinoda and made available separately on his website after the software was released. It was the session of the song just like the others, so you needed Stagelight to open it. LPU members received a code to download the "Linkin Park Edition" for free.

Complimentary was also largely built around samples of existing LP songs, but they weren't necessarily ones included with the software, they were just whatever samples Mike happened to use in making the song. There's a drum fill from In My Remains in there, the main synth parts use a combination of patches from Burn It Down, etc.

The Loop Jams and Asteroids may not have even necessarily been put together by LP themselves for all we know.

Complimentary was also largely built around samples of existing LP songs, but they weren't necessarily ones included with the software, they were just whatever samples Mike happened to use in making the song. There's a drum fill from In My Remains in there, the main synth parts use a combination of patches from Burn It Down, etc.

The Loop Jams and Asteroids may not have even necessarily been put together by LP themselves for all we know.

Yeah, so I'm thinking maybe Bruiser and Space Station were demos from the band's actual vault, where as the others were more or less created with StageLight. I bet both Bruiser and Space Station both hail from the ATS era.

Yeah, so I'm thinking maybe Bruiser and Space Station were demos from the band's actual vault, where as the others were more or less created with StageLight. I bet both Bruiser and Space Station both hail from the ATS era.

Of course. Bruiser sounds like it was made the same week as Wretches and Kings, it sounds very similar to it. ATS era for both songs for sure. 2010. No way Burberry is 2015.

it sounds very similar to it. ATS era for both songs for sure. 2010. No way Burberry is 2015.

My guess for why Burberry was listed as 2015 on the CD (even though a longer version of the song was already released a while back with the Stagelight stuff) is it might have been worked on briefly in 2015, but quickly abandoned, and since the session file was opened the date was modified on it. Thus Mike or whoever was looking through the files for 2015 demos threw that one on there. I doubt any one in the band can remember when they did what demo, or if it was already released in some form, since they work on so many

Edited by TheInterframe

My guess for why Burberry was listed as 2015 on the CD (even though a longer version of the song was already released a while back with the Stagelight stuff) is it might have been worked on briefly in 2015, but quickly abandoned, and since the session file was opened the date was modified on it. Thus Mike or whoever was looking through the files for 2015 demos threw that one on there. I doubt any one in the band can remember when they did what demo, or if it was already released in some form, since they work on so many

I totally agree with you

• 4 weeks later...

Is there even any proof that Three Days Grace turned down LP's offer to tour with them? I've never been able to find a single interview or quote where it was mentioned.

I know the old rumor was that they were asked to be on Projekt Revolution 2007 but they declined so LP asked My Chemical Romance, but that was proven false in the August 2007 issue of Revolver when Chester said that My Chemical Romance was his absolute first choice and that if they got them it didn't matter who else was on the bill. It's also revealed in that same interview that Muse was asked but declined since they had prior commitments. So Muse is confirmed, but it mentions nothing about Three Days Grace at all.

I'm thinking maybe it was just a rumor at the time that stuck around for years? Because I've never been able to find literally anything on it for years and years.

Is there even any proof that Three Days Grace turned down LP's offer to tour with them? I've never been able to find a single interview or quote where it was mentioned.

I know the old rumor was that they were asked to be on Projekt Revolution 2007 but they declined so LP asked My Chemical Romance, but that was proven false in the August 2007 issue of Revolver when Chester said that My Chemical Romance was his absolute first choice and that if they got them it didn't matter who else was on the bill. It's also revealed in that same interview that Muse was asked but declined since they had prior commitments. So Muse is confirmed, but it mentions nothing about Three Days Grace at all.

I'm thinking maybe it was just a rumor at the time that stuck around for years? Because I've never been able to find literally anything on it for years and years.

I've literally never heard anything about this before lol

I've literally never heard anything about this before lol

I think it was just a rumor then. Since there has never been any proof at all. And I'm positive you would have at least heard of it if it did happen. So the only known bands that we know turned down LP's offer for a fact are Muse and Interpol. Revolver 2007 confirms Muse because they had prior commitments and LPU8 Newsletter confirms Interpol since they weren't sure how they would fit on the bill. Thanks for the replies.

I didn't find anything about Interpol in the LPU 8 newsletter.

Sorry, I meant to say the LPU7 newsletter. The part where Chester talked about each band on the bill. Linkin Pedia has the quotes, including the Interpol quote under the Projekt Revolution 2008 page.

It's Goin' Down doesn't actually feature ''Linkin Park'' like We Made It and Darker Than Blood do. I own the physical CD and on the tracklisting it says ''Featuring Mike Shinoda & Mr. Hahn Of Linkin Park''. But I suppose LP did sort of adopt it when it came to their live show for a while, and they did almost present it as a Linkin Park feature, even though it wasn't.

IGD was a Fort Minor song before Fort Minor was a thing. It's a song that Mike wrote and did all of the instruments/production for, except the scratching. But since Mike wasn't doing a solo project yet, he made it with the X-Ecutioners collab in mind and it ended up on their album. I'm sure the song was always intended to be on Built From Scratch, but that doesn't really make it any less of a Mike song.

IGD was a Fort Minor song before Fort Minor was a thing. It's a song that Mike wrote and did all of the instruments/production for, except the scratching. But since Mike wasn't doing a solo project yet, he made it with the X-Ecutioners collab in mind and it ended up on their album. I'm sure the song was always intended to be on Built From Scratch, but that doesn't really make it any less of a Mike song.

That's actually true and a good point. I think Mike even discussed this exact thing in an interview, mentioning It's Goin' Down by name, when he brought Fort Minor back.

It is worth noting that, even if the song has "feat. Linkin Park" it doesn't mean that all 6 members worked on the song. Great example of that is song "Things In My Jeep"

I forgot about Things In My Jeep as well. So I think We Made It, Darker Than Blood, Things In My Jeep and also the Unreleased demo from The Visionaries all featured ''Linkin Park''. But that could have been wrongly labeled by whoever uploaded the track in 2015, it could have been just Mike or maybe Mike and Joe who collaborated for it.

Thanks for clarifying that. I always wondered why it was an X-ecutioners song even though Mike wrote it and they just did the scratching. Still, the song could have fit an LP album, if Nobody's Listening can.

It is worth noting that, even if the song has "feat. Linkin Park" it doesn't mean that all 6 members worked on the song. Great example of that is song "Things In My Jeep"

And just because a song is in a Linkin Park album doesn't mean all members worked on it either. :P

I don't know if any of you listen to The Beatles, but I think it's cool how their fans knows exactly which members worked in each song and what they played. It would be cool to have this information available for Linkin Park songs.

That's actually true and a good point. I think Mike even discussed this exact thing in an interview, mentioning It's Goin' Down by name, when he brought Fort Minor back.

He also mentioned a few post-Fort Minor songs like Hands Held High, When They Come For Me and even Waiting For The End.

I forgot about Things In My Jeep as well. So I think We Made It, Darker Than Blood, Things In My Jeep and also the Unreleased demo from The Visionaries all featured ''Linkin Park''. But that could have been wrongly labeled by whoever uploaded the track in 2015, it could have been just Mike or maybe Mike and Joe who collaborated for it.

When they recorded the song back in 2001 they said only Mike and Joe worked with The Visionaries.