Quick question? Ask here!

Then what about Stick N Move? Even on the Linkinpedia, it's written both as Stick N Move and Stick N' Move.

Linkinpedia says "Stick And Move" on the LPU 9 page, actually. Just to add another variation of that title in the mix lol

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tracklists on Linkinpedia are exactly the same as the album (booklet) tracklist.

Well yes, but as I said, on the cassette it's Stick N' Move, but on the "cover" or "booklet" (if you can call it that), it's Stick N Move.

And another, unrelated question: Is there a comprehensive list of all LP releases (not counting Gray Daze and other bands) in order of release date and not divided in album, single etc.? Something like a checklist maybe?

• 1 month later...

There was only a clean version of "Given Up (Third Encore Session)" or it was also available as explicit version somewhere?

As far as I know, only the clean version, unfortunately. I always hoped it would surface somewhere in an explicit version. I won't even listen to it because it's not explicit. :( I don't like music that was edited from how the artist originally intended it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfoV2L2MkQ4

Pretty cool, Chester says he did one of those ancestry things and he found out he was mostly all German, and he always thought he was of English descent because of his name. He also said that the first time he went to Germany, he felt like he belonged. Pretty cool for all the German fans out there, huh?

Not sure if this was ever discussed, but if you check the LPU 6.0 liner notes you'll see Reading My Eyes credits both Chester Bennington (Chesterchaz) and Mark Wakefield (Moper Music) but Phoenix (Pancakey Cakes) is missing. The only other song I've seen this happen is Runaway because they used elements of Stick N Move (a song written by Mark and Mike) and it was written while Phoenix was away with The Snax.

After playing Reading My Eyes in 2006, Mike Shinoda said they hadn't played the song in almost 8 years. That's 1998, right? My question is: is it possible that Reading My Eyes was re-recorded by Hybrid Theory at some point? I think this would explain why Chester is credited but Phoenix isn't, since they both perform in the live version. Also note that the lyrics are slightly different from the Xero tape version. Maybe they recorded the song with Chester but didn't play it live before 2006?

Not sure if this was ever discussed, but if you check the LPU 6.0 liner notes you'll see Reading My Eyes credits both Chester Bennington (Chesterchaz) and Mark Wakefield (Moper Music) but Phoenix (Pancakey Cakes) is missing. The only other song I've seen this happen is Runaway because they used elements of Stick N Move (a song written by Mark and Mike) and it was written while Phoenix was away with The Snax.

After playing Reading My Eyes in 2006, Mike Shinoda said they hadn't played the song in almost 8 years. That's 1998, right? My question is: is it possible that Reading My Eyes was re-recorded by Hybrid Theory at some point? I think this would explain why Chester is credited but Phoenix isn't, since they both perform in the live version. Also note that the lyrics are slightly different from the Xero tape version. Maybe they recorded the song with Chester but didn't play it live before 2006?

Wow, nice find. Pretty interesting. They probably did re-record it with Hybrid Theory.

Is it true that In The End was recorded in New Orleans? Wikipedia says that and has said it for years, but there's no source attached to that info so I've always been skeptical since I've never heard that anywhere else.

I don't think that's true. I know My December was recorded in Nashville, TN in 2000, but I think the rest of the band's music up to that point was all recorded in California. I think the next time they recorded outside of California was in 2008 when they started work on ATS, actually. Pretty interesting.

Booklet vs. catalog songwriting credit differences are always interesting...per the original Xero cassette and the song's entry on the BMI database (which wasn't created until after the LPU 6.0 recording was released), Reading My Eyes is only credited to Mike and Mark. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have stuff from One More Light that only credits a couple band members with writing credits in the booklet, but BMI credits all of them (this is true of everything on that album with the odd exception of Halfway Right). I've given up on understanding the matter. I don't think it necessarily means Reading My Eyes was recorded with Chester at some point though.

Edited by Astat

• 3 weeks later...

What was the reason that the Europe Summer 2008 shows weren't released as DSP's? All of the European shows in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 were released. Even a lot of the same cities that were on the 2008 tour. What's the chance that we will ever see those DSP's? That one was one of LP's best tours.

What was the reason that the Europe Summer 2008 shows weren't released as DSP's? All of the European shows in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 were released. Even a lot of the same cities that were on the 2008 tour. What's the chance that we will ever see those DSP's? That one was one of LP's best tours.

I always thought it had something to do with the venues and the band not agreeing on sharing money or something, similar to why we didn't get DSPs for Wantagh 2007 and 2012. But to be honest I'm not 100% sure

I always thought it had something to do with the venues and the band not agreeing on sharing money or something, similar to why we didn't get DSPs for Wantagh 2007 and 2012. But to be honest I'm not 100% sure

Yeah, but the whole tour? We only got Milton Keynes and they played a shit ton of shows on that tour. It's also strange because Wantagh allowed the DSP to be released in 2008 but not 2007 or 2012. And a lot of the places they played on this Europe tour, they released DSP's of playing in the same places years after. It's truly a shame because it was probably the best tour of the entire MTM cycle. Just look at the setlist and the energy. Plus a lot of cool places.