Quick question? Ask here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Chester featured in Technical Difficulties by Julien K?

Thats what Linkinpedia says here but I cant hear him in the song

"Technical Difficulties Julien-K Death To Analog Vocals,[1] excutive producer"

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Songs_By_Side_Projects#Collaboration_2

I thought he WASN'T featured in the studio version, according to someone years ago, but I always thought that he was. Sounds like him and the Technical Difficulties Demo released through Time Capsule this year only reinforces my thoughts since the demo sounded so different. He played it with Julien-K live many times but idk. I guess someone should ask Amir or Ryan.

Does anyone know if the sound from "Sorry For Now" which is at 0:05 (it sound off like a bunch of kids screaming "hey") was created by Mike or blackbear? Or maybe it was taken from sound library? I'm asking because blackbear use the same sound in his song.

Edited by martinez

Isn't he screaming the "we are" part of the song?

Yeah, he does that in the live version that he did with them in 2006/2007/2008. But I always thought he was on the studio version doing it, too. Sounds like him to me. If you listen to the demo of Technical Difficulties released with Time Capsule, the we are part is just a computer voice, no screaming. I think that's him on the album and he just wasn't credited for it.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

So.... what was the real first song that the band wrote when Chester joined? Were they still Xero at the time of him joining or were they officially Hybrid Theory by then? I know they became Linkin Park long after Chester joined in May 2000. But yeah, what was the first song? I have seen people say And One, Slip, Esaul, etc.

So.... what was the real first song that the band wrote when Chester joined? Were they still Xero at the time of him joining or were they officially Hybrid Theory by then? I know they became Linkin Park long after Chester joined in May 2000. But yeah, what was the first song? I have seen people say And One, Slip, Esaul, etc.

Mike said that 'And One' was the first song they wrote when Chester joined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPhFQpLmYi4

Slip and Esaul were written with Mark Wakefield.

Boris Bouma (from Epidemic) said they were still called Xero when he auditioned for the band.

Chester was supposedly the one who came up with the name Hybrid Theory.

Slip and Esaul were written with Mark Wakefield.

Boris Bouma (from Epidemic) said they were still called Xero when he auditioned for the band.

Chester was supposedly the one who came up with the name Hybrid Theory.

That's interesting, because he came up with the name Linkin Park, too. So basically they were called Xero up until 1999 when Chester joined.

Mike said that 'And One' was the first song they wrote when Chester joined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPhFQpLmYi4

Yeah I guess And One was the first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys!

1. What kind of piano/keyboard was recorded in Hands Held High? (I know Brad plays Korg Triton live, but I just can't figure out).

Electric? Acoustic?

Houdini house keyboard

Hi, guys!

1. What kind of piano/keyboard was recorded in Hands Held High? (I know Brad plays Korg Triton live, but I just can't figure out).

Electric? Acoustic?

Sounds like a Hammond organ to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a Hammond organ to me.

Yes, there is a organ on the whole song, but there is a piano too. See Brad playing "piano" at 0:58.

https://youtu.be/LJw82xm76Ug?t=58s

I know nothing about instruments really and I will give it to Astat that he knows about these types of things more than anyone else on the site, so I'm not purposely trying to sound stupid. But didn't Rick Rubin and Rick's engineers that worked with the band at the Houdini House have a bunch of super old and weird vintage instruments that the band used while they were there? I remember it showing it in the full LPTV episode for the Houdini House, as well as the Making of MTM. Maybe somewhere else, too. I think Brad used a Les Paul at one point, in the LPTV, he is shown tuning it with one of Rick's engineers at the Houdini House. And MTM had a lot of weird instruments that the band wouldn't normally use or hasn't used since. Xylophone in the intro to In Pieces, right? The organ for HHH. Ebow effect petal, etc. And I know there was also a clip on the making of MTM or that LPTV where Phoenix said they had these super old amps that were extremely rare, etc. I think Mike used a motown piano type thing for BIO, too, as well as the tambourine that Rob used in the song, that he also shows in the making of BIO music video.

Edited by Geki

This may be the most nonsense question ever, but it has been in the back of my mind for a while now: Do the song titles for the Reanimation remixes have an official way to write them out (case wise)?

All the songs on the back cover are ALL CAPS EVERYTHING, but that's not uncommon for tracklists on the back of albums. Another thing going towards them being all caps is the DVD menus for Live in Texas, where all the songs are written normally, aside for P5hng Me A*wy, which is in all caps again. The caps would also fit in more with the use of punctuation and numbers as letters.

That being said, almost always, the songs are written out like normal titles anywhere else officially. I've noticed two exceptions to this though. The official YouTube channel lists Frgt/10 as "FRGT/10" and Ppr:kut as "PPr:Kut".

The answer to this question is more than likely just no one cared enough to keep it all consistent and I'm over thinking things, but at least this is something to ponder and waste time while we wait a few more days Post Traumatic

This question is the same as: "Should I need to keep all the titles from Living Things album just like iTunes says, or traditionally just like on amazon".

Seriously, do whatever you like, whatever you decide to keep them as Frgt/10 or FRGT/10 both will be the same officially, noone (for example Mike) will say to you that you need to change it.

I think that, the whole idea of the "all caps" names was a result of the label idea, based on the statistics, if the song name is all caps, more people pay attention on this.

Did Mike say once that Promises I Can't Keep was originally a demo for One More Light, like how Place To Start was? Or was that the song with K.Flay? I knew it was one of those. Anyone wanna help me out?

Did Mike say once that Promises I Can't Keep was originally a demo for One More Light, like how Place To Start was? Or was that the song with K.Flay? I knew it was one of those. Anyone wanna help me out?

Yeah, it was Make It Up As I Go!

There are songs that originally had explicit lyrics, but from the beginning they were released as censored versions and explicit versions were never released. Can someone name all of those songs?

for example:

X-Ecutioner Style (feat. Black Thought)

Dedicated

Edited by martinez

There are songs that originally had explicit lyrics, but from the beginning they were released as censored versions and explicit versions were never released. Can someone name all of those songs?

for example:

Dedicated

I think We Made It.

If I'm not wrong, the explicit version is just in the Promo, while CD and video have the clean one.

Edited by PeppePark

for example:

Dedicated

High Voltage (Remix), H! VLTG3, Standing in the Middle, Wish (live LPU 4.0), Step Up (live version on the Somewhere I Belong single), the entirety of Live in Texas/LPU 3.0, With You (live LPU 2.0 - Chester says "let me fucking hear you, London" or something to that effect during the intro and it's censored), Reading My Eyes (live LPU 6), You Ain't Gotsta Gotsta, Bleed It Out (live LPU 7), and oddly, the live version of Big Pimpin'/Papercut on the Collision Course DVD has the line "no passion" censored for some reason.

I may be missing a few.

Edited by Astat