Quick question? Ask here!

And just because a song is in a Linkin Park album doesn't mean all members worked on it either. :P

I don't know if any of you listen to The Beatles, but I think it's cool how their fans knows exactly which members worked in each song and what they played. It would be cool to have this information available for Linkin Park songs.

He also mentioned a few post-Fort Minor songs like Hands Held High, When They Come For Me and even Waiting For The End.

When they recorded the song back in 2001 they said only Mike and Joe worked with The Visionaries.

He did say Hands Held High, When They Come For Me and Waiting For The End and he acknowledged that he put some of his Fort Minor energy into those songs, I forgot about that. I think they all could have easily fit in on a Fort Minor album, they don't sound very Linkin Parkish, they sound more Fort Minor when you look at them in that light. Forgot about that.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Were the 2008 demos on LPU14 possibly the songs recorded during the break before PR08? We know the band was in the studio a little bit during that time and Mike said they recorded a few songs. Would have been between March and June 2008. Pretty interesting, maybe they were going for a heavy rock album before PR08, etc. but once they were done touring for MTM, they decided to make the style of ATS in September of 2008 or whenever they started working on ATS. Pretty cool. Not really a question, I guess, but what do you guys think?

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that Owen Pallett was going to arrange strings for two songs on Living Things but ended up doing it only for I'll Be Gone. Mike then eventually arranged the strings for Castle of Glass. However, I can't find any string section in the credits in the booklet. How can that be?

I read somewhere that Owen Pallett was going to arrange strings for two songs on Living Things but ended up doing it only for I'll Be Gone. Mike then eventually arranged the strings for Castle of Glass. However, I can't find any string section in the credits in the booklet. How can that be?

The credits are right under the lyrics.

I'll Be Gone: "Strings by Owen Pallett"; Castle Of Glass: "Strings and horns by Mike Shinoda."

There's one thing I don't understand when ti comes to a label not allowing to release some demos. I've heard that many LP demos aren't released on LPU because of Warner doesn't allow them to, my questions are why would they not allow to do that? and are there any benefits for the label to do so?

There's one thing I don't understand when ti comes to a label not allowing to release some demos. I've heard that many LP demos aren't released on LPU because of Warner doesn't allow them to, my questions are why would they not allow to do that? and are there any benefits for the label to do so?

Probably they want to keep demos that have full vocals like Pretend To Be in order to release them in the future for a greatest hits albums or something similar

There can also be samples in them like Pictureboard, so they'd have to pay to clear the sample.

You just reminded me of a question I've had ever since Mike said more than once that the sample clearance is holding the song back from ever being released.

Couldn't they just post the song as a free download on their site, or Soundcloud? Somewhere where the public can hear it for free. Unless I'm wrong, it's ok to use samples so long as you don't incur a profit.

So releasing Pictureboard as an LPU exclusive would be illegal without clearance, but not if they just put it out for free. If the song "isn't that great" as Mike said, and yet he knows the fanbase sees it as a "holy grail"...why not?

So releasing Pictureboard as an LPU exclusive would be illegal without clearance, but not if they just put it out for free. If the song "isn't that great" as Mike said, and yet he knows the fanbase sees it as a "holy grail"...why not?

I'm not an expert but I am pretty sure that's not how it works. Just because you don't earn money by using someone elses work doesn't mean you can use their work however you want to.

Yeah, they'd probably still get in some kind of trouble if they released a song with an uncleared sample in it through any official medium that they actually acknowledged.

However, if it were to "accidentally" leak somewhere, without them saying anything about it, in a way that couldn't necessarily be pinned on them...

I figure it'll show up somewhere eventually.

How much does "clearing a sample" cost? Would LP or Warner have to pay this if Pictureboard would about to be realeased?

Completely up to the owner of the original content in question how much they want to charge, or if they would even permit its use in the first place. And there's all kinds of other stipulations that could come up too...good example is how The Verve earns no money whatsoever from their biggest hit Bittersweet Symphony because the Rolling Stones' management sued them over the verse progression being lifted from an orchestral version of The Last Time, and absurdly demanded 100% of the royalties (the irony being that the Stones blatantly ripped off an existing song when they wrote The Last Time in the first place, but hey, they're the Rolling Stones, they don't have to follow the same rules everyone else does...). Paying it would probably fall on the band's shoulders.

2 questions:
a) the Crawling DVD single has 4x30 secon snippets form different live shows. Does anybody know what these are?

B) Does anybody know if Brad is fluent in spanish? Cause I have seen him do interviews in spanish before (and of course him doing the WTCFM bits in spanish etc)

2 questions:

a) the Crawling DVD single has 4x30 secon snippets form different live shows. Does anybody know what these are?

B) Does anybody know if Brad is fluent in spanish? Cause I have seen him do interviews in spanish before (and of course him doing the WTCFM bits in spanish etc)

I believe the 4 clips on the Crawling DVD were also part of Frat Party, but not 100% sure on that. I have the In the End DVD single, but not the Crawling one, so I can't check.

Nope. It just shows the main bit from the Dragon festival. I know about that, my question was related to the other 4 clips on the DVD.

Those are the videos in the DVD:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Crawling#DVD_Single

Crawling from the Dragon Festival is the only full song. We don't really know where the 4 short clips were recorded. If I remember right, each one was from a different show.

Those are the videos in the DVD:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Crawling#DVD_Single

"Crawling" from the Dragon Festival is the only full song. We don't really know where the 4 short clips were recorded. If I remember right, each one was from a different show.

yeah and I hoped someone new. In one of them (one step closer I believe9 you can see something related to Kerrang so maybe that could whittle it down, I dunno.