Quick question? Ask here!

So my "My December" Promo CD just came today and i think i may of been scammed with a Fake.

but this is my first time buying a promo CD online so who knows?

when i look at the CD here http://lpcatalog.com/item/2001_hybrid-theory-misc/promo/my-december_clone-cd_us

it looks alot different to the one i got in the mail today

the one i got http://imgur.com/a/wZWGX

The text on mine is darker and more Blurry, does that mean mine is fake?

Edited by Oliaggy
Fixing some spelling

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my "My December" Promo CD just came today and i think i may of been scammed with a Fake.

but this is my first time buying a promo CD online so who knows

when i look at the CD here http://lpcatalog.com/item/2001_hybrid-theory-misc/promo/my-december_clone-cd_us

it looks alot different to the one i got in the mail today

the one i got http://imgur.com/a/wZWGX

The text on mine is darker and more Blurry, does that mean mine is fake?

On a lot of those plain white promo discs, the text is just stamped on the CD so slight text variations are common. I wouldn't worry about something that obscure being fake, personally.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard multitracks got ripped from video games right like rock band, but i've also heard some still have not been cracked from the game yet? which Lp songs still need to be cracked?

Rock Band 4 had Rebellion (Xbox Pre-Order) and Lying From You (DLC).

Edited by lpliveusername

This was mentioned in a conversation on reddit, can you verify this Astat (or anyone else who would know)?

Fun fact... Every member of the band has their vocals featured on "Forgotten" during the "Now you got me caught in the act, You bring the thought back" line.

Each iteration of "back" (after the first) has a different member of the band shouting "BACK!" alongside Mike.

Edited by UnpopularOpinionPuffin

I've just noticed that during the ATS tour cycle, there was a theremine standing on the left side (from Mike's perspective) of Mike's keyboard. Was it used during the recording of ATS? Was it used during the live performances, and if it was, then during which songs?

I'm sure he played it on New Divide, during the intro. Don't know if he used it on more songs.

I've just noticed that during the ATS tour cycle, there was a theremine standing on the left side (from Mike's perspective) of Mike's keyboard. Was it used during the recording of ATS? Was it used during the live performances, and if it was, then during which songs?

Mike used a theremin on When They Come for Me. From what I've seen and heard, he used it to control the velocity and other factors of the synth in the bridge or something to that effect. You can see him reaching to the side during every performance of WTCFM and slowly shifting his hand as the filter effect changes for that synth. He also uses it to control the bass synth in New Divide like Yucker said.

It was more used as a controller for effects than anything else live. Highly unlikely that it was used when recording.

Rock Band 4 had Rebellion (Xbox Pre-Order) and Lying From You (DLC).

The most recent Guitar Hero game also has Wastelands on it.

This was mentioned in a conversation on reddit, can you verify this Astat (or anyone else who would know)?

Definitely not true.

The theremin was basically just functioning as a MIDI controller for the real-time oscillation and EQ filtering effects on WTCFM and New Divide's synth parts. Watch the 2009 New Divide performances and you'll see how Mike had to awkwardly play the synth parts with his hands crossed so he could manipulate the knobs that controlled those effects on his Virus synth. I think adding the theremin was something that made it easier for him, and it happened to end up being used on WTCFM as well.

Once they switched to Ableton Live and added a lot more automation of effects to the live show in 2012, the theremin setup went away.

I honestly still don't know what the "NoBrain Thing" note on the setlist for WTCFM referred to exactly. I'd guess that it was some sample thing that Mike had to trigger, but it probably didn't have anything to do with the theremin because NoBrain's contributions to WTCFM were only used during the outro, and Mike didn't use the theremin in that part of the song.

With the Ableton Live setup most of the effects changes in the show are done automatically by the central "brain" computer (which also runs the light show, I believe). Mike doesn't have to change any sounds on his keyboard, Brad/Benjamin don't have to switch effects/amp models (other than the foot-controlled stuff like the pitch shifter on the WFTE solo, the volume swells on GATS, and the wah effects on the GATS/ALITS solos - Benjamin does all of those from offstage except the WFTE solo, which Brad still does), Joe doesn't have to switch sample banks between songs, Rob doesn't have to switch what sounds are coming from the triggers on his drum kit, etc. Basically the guys just play their parts and the computer takes care of anything that involves manipulating the sound.

What does it means "extra note" in setlists?

Given Up's extended outro didn't originally have that final chord that led into whatever the next song in the setlist was. Once they added that aspect to the outro - "extra note."

• 2 weeks later...

How were Bruiser, Space Station, Complimentary and Asteroids all released with StageLight? Were they included as free mp3's with the software? And what's the story with Loop Jam 1 and Loop Jam 2? Pardon my ignorance, I just really never paid much attention to these releases when they came out.

Also, was Blackbirds ever released as a single of any sorts in 2010? I know it was included as a bonus track on the iTunes edition of ATS but I could have sworn it saw some other form of a release, like a digital single or something, somewhere.

Edited by Geki

Also, was Blackbirds ever released as a single of any sorts in 2010? I know it was included as a bonus track on the iTunes edition of ATS but I could have sworn it saw some other form of a release, like a digital single or something, somewhere.

Would this be including or not including 8-Bit Rebellion?

https://s15.postimg.org/odsrsbi0b/blackbirds.jpg

It was planned to be released, but they never really release this song as a single. I search about it a lot. If I would find any information that it was available even for one day only, I would add it to the list.

https://s15.postimg.org/odsrsbi0b/blackbirds.jpg

It was planned to be released, but they never really release this song as a single. I search about it a lot. If I would find any information that it was available even for one day only, I would add it to the list.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Would this be including or not including 8-Bit Rebellion?

Not really, because if my memory serves me right, you got to hear the song through a ''music video'' consisting of random images via the app once you beat the game, it wasn't really released as a single or even released as a free download, etc.