Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know the chords for Symphonies of light reprise? It sounds like there are only 3

It's basically just D-Am-C, with some momentary Dsus2, Asus2, and Cmaj7 chords from lifting off of the highest fretted note for a strum or two.

I legit might get in trouble or something said to me if someone sees this but I can confirm absolutely that LP picked GATS, Catalyst, and Heavy. Beyond that, I don't know specifics but I have been told several times LP has full creative control over the singles and sometimes goes against the label's wishes for the selection of singles.

That's interesting about Living Things. I don't know about Burn It Down, maybe WBR really pushed them to pick BID or something. If they do another listening party I think someone should ask it. Then again, WBR really wanted Final Masq first for THP and LP said nope it's going to be GATS.

If it's about to single releases I think sometimes WB decides on in which format release the single, that's why Powerless and Lost In The Echo were not released on CDs.

Do you guys think that If WB Germany want to release CD single, WB USA must agree with that first? Or they can release the CD single (of the song which the band choose for the single) and they don't have to do nothing with WB USA?

Could someone explain to me why only Brad, Chester and Mike appear in the writing credits?

does that mean that the rest of the band won't get royalties? It's confusing for me.

Bump, I think @Astat can answer that better, but I think they all still get some amount of royalties cause they're still credited as "Music preformed by Linkin Park" along with each members label imprint being credited at the back of the LP single

Edited by TheInterframe

Until the song is under the name "Linkin Park" not "Mike & Chester" all members get royalties, no matter if all of the members wrote the song or not.

No. With the exception of a percentage of artist royalties paid directly to band members because they're Warner Brothers artists appearing on a Warner Brothers album, people who perform on a song but aren't credited as songwriters (in this case, Rob, Dave, and Joe) don't receive ANY royalty money. Mechanical royalties, synchronization, and live performance royalties exclusively go to songwriters.

Great article explaining this: http://www.tunecore.com/blog/2011/08/im-in-a-band-but-im-not-the-songwriter.html

This doesn't necessarily mean the other 3 guys aren't getting paid. There might be some arrangement between them, the label, and the credited songwriters where they receive an overall share of profits regardless of where they come from, or they could be under contract to Linkin Park in a way that the band essentially functions as their employer and they're getting paid a certain amount of money regardless of what they do (in which case, you could argue that they're not technically "band members" anymore). But regardless, something changed, because the previous six albums always credited all members equally.

Edited by Astat

Different bands deal with this dynamic in different ways. Bands like R.E.M., for example, simply divide the copyright amongst the members irrespective of who wrote what for any song. In this manner, each band member (whether he or she contributed to a song or not) receives the same amount of income when the song is exploited.

I think they have this way.

Remember "Things In my Jeep"? The guy had to pay all 6 members, while only Mike and Chester are in the song.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Danny Hayes win in his lawsuit against Paul Hutchinson? Or is that case still ongoing?

Also, completely unrelated: Does anyone know if the voicemail interludes on Reanimation were legitimate voicemails, or were they recorded specifically to be on the album?

Edited by Justin

• 2 weeks later...

So i recently found out on this website that there was a re-recorded digital version of Rhinestone played on the tv show "The Crow"

would there be any way to get this? who should i try and contact to talk about this? the producer of that episode, or the editor?

• 3 weeks later...