Quick question? Ask here!

WTF that creepy sample?)

Some sample they had laying around and decided to stick in the Figure.09 demo for whatever reason? I don't know, do you think there's some detailed origin story for every obscure sample in a Linkin Park song, particularly ones they've never talked about in interviews? These guys use some INSANELY obscure samples, the intro to Fuse comes from a Disney haunted house sound effects vinyl from the 1960s for crying out loud.

Sounds like a bunch of school kids yelling to me, by the way. Probably one of Joe's random vinyl samples.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe somebody knows a list of all tracks that the band will not perform this songs live.? for example: easier to run, in between etc.

Who said they will never do Easier to Run again? There exists a thread which is similar to what you want here: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10125

That thread shows the songs that haven't been played live in the longest time.

Should I start a side-by-side analysis of the differences between "never" and "probably never"? :P

They take fucking two weeks to rehearse a NEW song, do you really think they'll bring back a song they played like 20 times over a decade ago for no reason? :P

The only way I see ETR coming back (unfortunately) is if they ever play Meteora in full.

Maybe somebody knows a list of all tracks that the band will not perform this songs live.? for example: easier to run, in between etc.

Kind of pointless considering things change and band member's opinions differ. Chester said the same thing about Runaway during the ATS period, and they've played that song (or at least part of it) during the last two album cycles, even though the very idea of performing it is enough to make Chester violently angry because he literally hates the song THAT much. :lol:

I’ve been making songs on my own at home or in the bus, but hadn’t gotten to work with the other guys until this week. A few days ago, Joe, Phoenix and I were having some fun at Joe’s, and started a couple things. Of the two songs we worked on, one was a heavier, fast-tempo song with heavy guitars and distorted sampled drums, and the other was a little less aggressive, but still dark and upbeat, and had a really interesting chord progression. Joe’s got this new MIDI keyboard-turntable unit, where he can make his vinyl play tones that you hit on the keyboard, and we can scratch them in real time. It’s pretty cool–I think there’s a lot of potential for that thing.

Anyway, more updates to come later. We’re preparing for a more defined studio schedule in the coming weeks.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2008/10/25/new-linkin-park-music/

Any idea of what these two songs were?

Blackout?

Let me start off by saying that I've been huge Linkin Park fan since 2007 to maybe, 2012. Of course I still like them but I don't really follow them as much as before.

I'll be attending their show in Rybnik, Poland. My question is: Has anybody caught them on an airport and been successful in getting photo/autograph? Or are they rejecting people because they're rushing/got M&G for that kind of thing. What's their attitude like?

I could probably catch them at airport, but I don't want to waste like 5 hours if I get to be rejected anyway.

Edited by Red

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...