Waiting To Be Liberated (August 2013)

hahninator

This is a list of every Linkin Park song that has been played live consistently at some point, that is "waiting to be liberated" (aka not played in a while). For a list of what is NOT included in this list (like the Iridescent (Energy Up Version)) click here.

We took a poll of this exact list of songs in February to see what songs fans wanted to see brought back the MOST and the top songs (in order) were: Figure.09, P5hng Me A*wy, Don't Stay, Reading My Eyes and Easier To Run. Honorable mentions that all had three digit vote numbers include And One, High Voltage (Reprise Version), By Myself, The Little Things Give You Away, Wretches & Kings and No More Sorrow.

Luckily, the number one song, High Voltage (Reprise Version), has a proshot video of the last time it was ever played - at 2001's headline show at London's Docklands Arena. We released a full DVD of that show last year, which you can get here. Just click play above to view what's considered one of the most badass live performances by the band ever. As some people would say....they "fuckin' nailed it."

List of songs waiting to be liberated: (in order, including the date last played)

High Voltage (Reprise Version) (Last played Sept 16, 2001)

And One (Last played Feb 5, 2002)

Forgotten (Last played Feb 24, 2002)

Step Up (Last played March 2, 2002 / last played in 2004 medley on Sept 11, 2004)

Hit The Floor (Last played April 26, 2003)

Easier To Run (Last played April 26, 2003)

By Myself (Last played Oct 29, 2003)

Figure.09 (Last played Sept 11, 2004)

A.06 (Last played Sept 5, 2004) (Only played a few times)

Nobody's Listening (Last played March 15, 2004 / last played in the 2004 medley on Sept 11, 2004)

It's Goin' Down (Last played March 15, 2004 / last played in the 2004 medley on Sept 11, 2004)

My December (Last played March 15, 2004 / piano version played in 2006 and early 2008)

P5hng Me A*wy (Last played March 15, 2004)

QWERTY (Last played Aug 21, 2007 / Mashed up with VICTIMIZED in 2012-2013)

Hands Held High (Last played March 7, 2008 / Mike rapped both verses on PR08 and in 2009)

In Between (Last played March 10, 2008)

Reading My Eyes (Last played June 25, 2008)

Valentine's Day (Last played June 27, 2008)

Pushing Me Away (Last played Aug 21, 2008)

Don't Stay (Last played Aug 24, 2008)

In Pieces (Last played Aug 24, 2008)

Wake (Last played March 22, 2008) / Wake 2.0 (Last played Aug 24, 2008)

The Little Things Give You Away (Last played Aug 23, 2008)

Session (Last played August 22, 2009)

The Radiance (Last played Sept 14, 2010)

We do not consider songs "waiting to be liberated" if they were performed on the last world tour, but this is a list of all songs performed on the A Thousand Suns World Tour that were not performed on the LIVING THINGS World Tour.

Leave Out All The Rest (Last played Jan 25, 2011 / In a medley in 2012-2013)

Wretches And Kings (Last played Feb 28, 2011)

Cure For The Itch (Last played Aug 30, 2011)

The Messenger (Last played Aug 31, 2011)

The Requiem (Last played Sept 23, 2011)

Burning In The Skies (Last played Sept 23, 2011)

Shadow Of The Day (Last played Sept 25, 2011 / In a medley in 2012-2013)

Iridescent (Last played Sept 25, 2011 / In a medley in 2012-2013)

Jornada Del Muerto (Last played Sept 25, 2011)

Wisdom, Justice, And Love (Last played Sept 25, 2011)

Fallout (Last played Sept 25, 2011)

No More Sorrow (Last played Sept 25, 2011)

What songs would you like to see on this list played live next tour?

In contrast, what songs would you NOT like to see brought back?

Do you think the band will ever bring anything near the top of the list back?

All of them would be welcome, "except" (aka welcome too but not SO great):

My December (Last played March 15, 2004 / piano version played in 2006 and early 2008)

Hands Held High (Last played March 7, 2008 / Mike rapped both verses on PR08 and in 2009)

In Between (Last played March 10, 2008)

Valentine's Day (Last played June 27, 2008)

In Pieces (Last played Aug 24, 2008)

The Little Things Give You Away (Last played Aug 23, 2008)

I love the last 3, specially TLTGYA, but they're not so powerful live. Plus I've already seen them being performed.

For the songs performed on the A Thousand Suns World Tour that were not performed on the LIVING THINGS World Tour, I'm not really missing none of them (as far as the Balad Medley continue to be played), but Burning in the Skies and No More Sorrow would be nice.

my most wanted song is Figure.09 followed by the top 3 of the list. Then Qwerty, Easier to run and PMA.

I don't need By Myself, In Between or Valentine's Day at all.

But I don't see the band bringing back any of the top 13 songs except My December maybe...

Speaking of my most wanted songs I think PMA has the best chance.

My top 3 most wanted are Reading My Eyes, P5hng Me A*wy and Figure.09, in that order. The amount of love for P5hng is really surprising to me.

I'd like to see Valentine's Day someday live but there's probably no chance it will be brought back. A lot of these songs I don't think they'll ever play again. Pushing Me Away, I agree, has the best chance at being brought back. I think No More Sorrow will return in 2014.

I really enjoyed TLTGYA when I saw it. I haven't seen anything above the last 7 in the top list.

Messenger was played at Salt Lake City (like Skipees said) and at the Camden summit, so I don't think it should be on the list.

Also, bring back RME, F.09. P5hng and High Voltage.

Edited by Soul

The only reason people are so rabid for it is because it was played live more than once, and it's one of the better remixes from Reanimation. You don't see people begging for H! Vltg3 to be played live.

I really want to hear Plc.4 Mie Hæd, Wth>You, Rnw@y, My.Dsmbr and By_Myslf live.

I hope they bring back some ATS Songs. Wretches and Kings (maybe as opener) and rotate BITS and Blackout. :)

HT songs would be great, too. But I'm not so excited about that, because Chester wouldn't sound so great I think. (especially on By Myself, Forgotten).

Drop the Ballad Medley and bring back LOATR, SOTD, Iridescent as full versions (one per set).

5370 days exactly. :lol:

LOL no imagining required :lol:

What songs would you like to see on this list played live next tour?

In contrast, what songs would you NOT like to see brought back?

Do you think the band will ever bring anything near the top of the list back?

I would love to see them all, but if I had to choose a few: High Voltage (amazing live song), And One, Figure .09, It's Goin' Down, P5hng, and Don't Stay.

I'm glad In Between, Messenger, No More Sorrow (feels like I'm the only one who doesn't like it), Wretches (love the song but it never sounded great live to me..) and SOTD are all gone (medley needs to go too).

I doubt they will bring anything back. They had a few special occasions where dusting off an oldie would have been appropriate and they just... didn't. It's possible they may drop the Ballad Medley and play one or two of those as full songs again, but beyond that I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Edited by Justin

I'm having a total mental breakdown, I'm so sorry if this is the wrong thread...

I feel like I've missed something here.... no ones mentioned Part Of Me....?

Either they've played this very recently and I'm being completely stupid.

Or

Part of Me isn't even a Linkin Park song and I've made this all up in my head (which could be possible, though lyrically it's the best thing I've ever written - as a non song writer).

Or

Something happened to Part of Me and the LP fanbase as a whole should not speak of it and I've just broken some unwritten code and shit is about to hit the fan and I'm currently in danger.

I feel confused :unsure:

Edited by Kirstie

I would like to see these songs back in 2014 (in order):

- P5hng Me A*wy

- Reading My Eyes

- The Little Things Give You Away

- Valentine's Day

- In Pieces

- My December (Piano or studio version)

- High Voltage

- Figure.09

But I doubt any of these songs will be back in the sets, maybe except for My December piano version.

For songs that were played on the ATS world tour, I would like to see these songs back (in order):

- Burning In The Skies

- No More Sorrow

- Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day and Iridescent (I hope they'll rotate between the regular versions of the songs and the medley).

- Wretches And Kings

The most reasonable return to the sets will be No More Sorrow, and maybe Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day and Iridescent regular versions.

Part Of Me was never played live as far as we know. It was rehearsed or almost rehearsed in 2001. Mike mentioned before the Sept Europe shows they were rehearsing HTEP songs to play. And then there is that other interview about them wanting to stick Carousel in a setlist in 2001. But we have never heard of Part Of Me being played. Someone asked Phoenix at the Pinkpop 2007 M&G about those two songs and I think he said he didn't remember if they ever played them or not.

I feel like I've missed something here.... no ones mentioned Part Of Me....?

Either they've played this very recently and I'm being completely stupid.

Or

Part of Me isn't even a Linkin Park song and I've made this all up in my head (which could be possible, though lyrically it's the best thing I've ever written - as a non song writer).

Or

Something happened to Part of Me and the LP fanbase as a whole should not speak of it and I've just broken some unwritten code and shit is about to hit the fan and I'm currently in danger.

I feel confused :unsure:

Did you confused Part Of Me with one of the songs brought back to the setlists this tour? Maybe you're confusing Part Of Me with Points Of Authority.

They didn't have the set length in 2001 to do it. They played a few HTEP songs, sure, which were Step Up and And One. And then played the High Voltage remix. There wasn't enough room for Carousel and Part Of Me. Carousel was at least rehearsed, but the band didn't feel obviously that it was stronger than other songs that they wanted to play.

On PR02 they chose My December, And One, Step Up, It's Goin' Down (freshly released), and a cover of My Own Summer to play instead of HTEP tracks. And 2003+ it just never apparently worked out....they didn't care to add those two. Hell, the ones they played didn't hardly come back haha.

This is a nice way to put pressure on LP and see if they finally put more energic in those fucking setlists. I'd like to see:

- P5hng Me A*wy or PMA (regular version)

- Figure .09

- Forgotten

- By Myself

- And One

- No More Sorrow

Bring it on!