Quick question? Ask here!

My December was never intended to be on Hybrid Theory. In fact, it was recorded after HT was released. They recorded it in Nashville in late 2000 so it could be on a compilation album, I believe by KROQ.

That's right. I remember that now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just researching on LP Catalogue about Vinyl releases of the main albums and I was surprised to see Meteora had a vinyl release but why on earth was it pressed on TWO vinyl records?

http://lpcatalog.com/item/2003_meteora/vinyl/0093624818618_us

It's their shortest studio album so far, so if LT, HT and MTM could all fit on one record, why not Meteora? ATS and Reanimation had to be on two as they where both longer than 45 minutes. meteora is a measly 36 minutes! What gives? :lol:

$$$ ;)

I think this one is for Astat: You said in your 'The Hunting Party' review (great, by the way) that Until It's Gone wasn't intended to be on the album. What is the history behind it? Can you explain this, please? Thanks ^^

I think this one is for Astat: You said in your 'The Hunting Party' review (great, by the way) that Until It's Gone wasn't intended to be on the album. What is the history behind it? Can you explain this, please? Thanks ^^

Putting it on the album was an afterthought, the band probably assumed that Michael Bay would pick their song to be the movie's "main track" given their past relationship, and he threw them for a loop when he picked Imagine Dragons' submission instead. Remember that article from about 7-8 months ago where someone was hanging around the studio where LP was recording and mentioned them "mixing a song for a movie soundtrack?" That was Until It's Gone. I know the song title was on the tracking board in the THP teaser video, but that was shot so late in the process that the decision not to have it on Transformers 4 would have been made by then.

So yeah, that's a big part of why UIG bugs me so much. They basically shoehorned a song that was recorded for an entirely different project into the tracklisting of their album that was recorded with a completely different mindset...and it shows. Outside of Final Masquerade (which is an infinitely better song), UIG has very little in common with anything else on the album.

Edited by Astat

Until It's Gone was made for the new Transformers movie, ended up being for the game instead.

Putting it on the album was an afterthought, the band probably assumed that Michael Bay would pick their song to be the movie's "main track" given their past relationship, and he threw them for a loop when he picked Imagine Dragons' submission instead. Remember that article from about 7-8 months ago where someone was hanging around the studio where LP was recording and mentioned them "mixing a song for a movie soundtrack?" That was Until It's Gone. I know the song title was on the tracking board in the THP teaser video, but that was shot so late in the process that the decision not to have it on Transformers 4 would have been made by then.

So yeah, that's a big part of why UIG bugs me so much. They basically shoehorned a song that was recorded for an entirely different project into the tracklisting of their album that was recorded with a completely different mindset...and it shows. Outside of Final Masquerade (which is an infinitely better song), UIG has very little in common with anything else on the album.

OK, this clarify it a lot. And the fact that the band or, at least Chester, wasn't saying too much about Transformers OST, just "I don't know, we'll see" talk really bugs me, probably that's the reason. Thanks guys :)

Why does Mike's voice sound so low on Hybrid Theory and Meteora but when they played live, it wasn't?

Mixing in a studio is completely different then mixing live. Studio you have hours to spend on songs and even weeks to work out how you want the vocals to sound and sit within the music, come live, its then and there on the spot. 9/10 you dont want to bury your vocals as much as you do in an album.

Is there a making of... The Hunting Party?

I'm super duper curious about the whole process.

No, LP did not release a making of for the album in physical form like they did on previous albums (except for LIVING THINGS, which did not have a physical form of a making of, either). I was almost positive that we were going to get some LPTV episodes from the process, but we still have not got anything and the album has been out quite a while now, almost a full month. We might get some stuff in upcoming LPTV episodes, I just find it strange that for every other album cycle since MTM, we have got studio footage episodes leading up to the album and after the album dropped. For LIVING THINGS in particular we had footage of them making certain songs way before the album even coming out, the first episode dating at April 2012 when the album came out in late June 2012.

Mixing in a studio is completely different then mixing live. Studio you have hours to spend on songs and even weeks to work out how you want the vocals to sound and sit within the music, come live, its then and there on the spot. 9/10 you dont want to bury your vocals as much as you do in an album.

I mean that Mike's voice on Hybrid Theory and Meteora sounds low compared to the other four albums. Was there just more effects added them and more raw now?

No, LP did not release a making of for the album in physical form like they did on previous albums (except for LIVING THINGS, which did not have a physical form of a making of, either). I was almost positive that we were going to get some LPTV episodes from the process, but we still have not got anything and the album has been out quite a while now, almost a full month. We might get some stuff in upcoming LPTV episodes, I just find it strange that for every other album cycle since MTM, we have got studio footage episodes leading up to the album and after the album dropped. For LIVING THINGS in particular we had footage of them making certain songs way before the album even coming out, the first episode dating at April 2012 when the album came out in late June 2012.

Thanks for responding!

I was really hoping to catch glimpse of the process. But oh well.. Maybe this is a part of the "Doing things unconventional" like Joe said.

Thanks for responding!

I was really hoping to catch glimpse of the process. But oh well.. Maybe this is a part of the "Doing things unconventional" like Joe said.

I was hoping maybe someone could find out why we have no new LPTV, maybe Lorenzo or Mark Fiore could answer us. It's very odd.