Quick question? Ask here!

Nice to know that about the guitars they used. Thanks!

Thanks!

I've found a download link to the interview on LPAssociation. It was split into 5 parts. Part 2 was the only one I couldn't download (file was deleted). I think that was the part where they talked about "Not Alone".

Do you have it?

Uploading now. It will take a few mins.

EDIT: Brad talks about it at 27:08. He says it was a track they originally worked on with Rick Rubin during the Minutes To Midnight sessions, it was one of their favorites, and unfortunately, it didn't make it on the album. So it was a song from the 2006-2007 period.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r1bhiuffq296dak

Edited by Geki

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much!

Added to this thread.

No problem! This is why I collect the Loveline episodes with LP or LP band members. Loveline is always great, we get great information from them and they are funny and awesome to listen to.

Edited by Geki

Uploading now. It will take a few mins.

EDIT: Brad talks about it at 27:08. He says it was a track they originally worked on with Rick Rubin during the Minutes To Midnight sessions, it was one of their favorites, and unfortunately, it didn't make it on the album. So it was a song from the 2006-2007 period.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r1bhiuffq296dak

I bet that's What We Don't Know.

I bet that's What We Don't Know.

They were talking about Not Alone.

This was a track that we originally worked on with Rick Rubin during the Minutes To Midnight sessions, and one of our favorites, and it unfortunately didn't make it on the album, but fortunately we had it on a semi-finished form and Mike and Chester really were burning midnight oil. They rewrote the lyrics to kind of express their emotions about what happened to Haiti and remixed the song, got it ready for this compilation in about 24 hours and I think it's actually better... I'm actually sure it's better than the early version. We're really really proud of it.

After reading this quote again, I think "Not Alone" (the original version) was among that 17 tracks finished for Minutes To Midnight.

The band just rewrote the lyrics for Download To Donate and that's it.

We had a demo [for 'Not Alone'] — the music was laid out, we had done the song a little while ago ... we just never used it because we never thought it was done. [After the tragedy in Haiti], we listened to the demo again, essentially scrapped all the words, rewrote the words ... when you've got that idea and emotional charge in you and you put that in the lyrics, for me it does make better lyrics.

There's an authenticity and a passion that you can hear in Chester's voice on this track; we literally wrote [the new lyrics] via e-mail, before he had flown out from Arizona to L.A. [to record them]

It's weird that we got all these Minutes To Midnight b-sides and instead of releasing the last one they just gave us incomplete songs (Debris and Asbestos).

Astat might be right. I think the last track was Burning In The Skies.

So we already have everything:

01. Wake

02. Given Up

03. Leave Out All The Rest

04. Bleed It Out

05. Shadow Of The Day

06. What I've Done

07. Hands Held High

08. No More Sorrow

09. Valentine's Day

10. In Between

11. In Pieces

12. The Little Things Give You Away

13. No Roads Left (iTunes bonus/Tour Edition)

14. Across The Line (LPU 9.0)

15. Blackbirds (8-Bit Rebellion!/iTunes bonus for ATS)

16. Not Alone (Download To Donate/digital single)

17. Burning In The Skies (A Thousand Suns)

18. What We Don't Know (LPU X)

I still think we should ask the band about this though. Just to be sure.

Edited by lpliveusername

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_10160/chester-bennington/

Is the Soundtrack Credits list fake or real?

You can find all here and here, some are live appearances (DBS at Late Night with David Letterman for example), and the rest are:

- Alpha and Omega - Iridescent
- Smallville - Episode: Persuasion (2010) - New Divide
- The Challenge - ???

You can find all here and here, some are live appearances (DBS at Late Night with David Letterman for example), and the rest are:

- Alpha and Omega - Iridescent
- Smallville - Episode: Persuasion (2010) - New Divide
- The Challenge - ???

The batman thing is from 1999 while POA is from 2000, did the serie include a demo? Did David Letterman Show (1993) contain a Grey Daze/Sean Dowdell And His Friends song? Which song did The Challange include?

The batman thing is from 1999 while POA is from 2000, did the serie include a demo? Did David Letterman Show (1993) contain a Grey Daze/Sean Dowdell And His Friends song? Which song did The Challange include?

The Challange = Battle of the Seasons: Hang Man = In The End.
Letterman = Crawl Back In.
Checking about Batman.

Edit:

Batman, nothing special in this episode, opening theme, background music (and maybe 80' songs for a few seconds), credits theme. Maybe POA appears in one of the episodes of season 2 (2000) or season 3 (2001).

The Challange = Battle of the Seasons: Hang Man = In The End.
Letterman = Crawl Back In.
Checking about Batman.

Edit:

Batman, nothing special in this episode, opening theme, background music (and maybe 80' songs for a few seconds), credits theme. Maybe POA appears in one of the episodes of season 2 (2000) or season 3 (2001).

About the High Voltage discussion, I guess the 2000 version is a remix after all, but not by Mr. Hahn as many people think:

Mike: The "One Step Closer" Import single will feature a remix (by me) of an older hip hop track of ours called "High Voltage", along with a slower song called "My December". What's nice for me about these things is that I did the majority of the writing on those songs, and I produced and mixed both.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010208125323/http://www.theprp.com/interviews/linkinpark.html

So they remixed a remix for Reanimation...

Thanks to Skipees for finding this interview.

Great find, but I still think that it isn't a remix, since most of the song was created from scratch.

Mike said it was a remix, so it basically is. I still consider it just to be the '''01 Version'' or whatever but technically, it is a remix.

Great find, but I still think that it isn't a remix, since most of the song was created from scratch.

There are a lot of remixes that are created mostly from scratch. If Mike says it's a remix then it's a remix.

Edit:

Examples are With You and By Myself from Reanimation.

Edited by leftshoe18