Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On all the acoustic songs (My December, Crawling, PMA, ITE) at KROQ AAC 2001

Source 1 is what you're looking for. You can get it here.

Whoa I never realized that there was cello in those performances before, I wonder why they never had him play the Krwling intro live.

Anyways to answer the rest of Anality's question he performed cello, as well as violin, only on Opening, Ntr/Mssion and Krwling.

Edited by jare0674

Whoa I never realized that there was cello in those performances before, I wonder why they never had him play the Krwling intro live.

Anyways to answer the rest of Anality's question he performed cello, as well as violin, only on Opening, Ntr/Mssion and Krwling.

Always found it odd that the booklet credits him on NTR/MSSION when that song is nothing but piano. I think they may have gotten that confused with the little string part that plays in the background during [Riff Raff].

Also, not ALL of the strings on KRWLNG are Phoenix. If you want to hear which ones are him and which ones are sampled strings, listen to the version from the Reanimation demos. The strings that are already there are the ones Mike programmed when he made the remix, the missing stuff is what Phoenix added later.

Edited by Astat

Anyone know of any interviews where Mike talks about HT and the past? This would be from around the time MTM was coming out (2007). I know Chester talked a lot about it by saying he hated nu-metal and all those bands and the whole genre and everything but I know there were also articles where Mike talked about similar stuff.

Is there an actual story behind "Yesternumb" besides just "it was the Grammys"? Did someone in the band reach out to Paul McCartney? I'm just curious.

The people who run the Grammys just like to ask people to collaborate. This year they have Metallica performing with some classical pianist.

Is there an actual story behind "Yesternumb" besides just "it was the Grammys"? Did someone in the band reach out to Paul McCartney? I'm just curious.

In this interview:
(a very good interview imo) Chester says that Mike suggested to ask Paul McCartney and he agreed to do it.

Mike calls ALTNC ''Victorious''. I think it was the demo title for ALTNC.

Not sure how I missed that before, lol. That's definitely the working title. They used the working titles for LT songs in LPTV episodes too.

I know that on Celph Titled's ''The Gatalog'' he released The Battle (Full Version), Cover And Duck and S.C.O.M. all without the remix skips and stuff from We Major. Didn't Apathy release something as well, with Bloc Party's original version? I want to collect all these. How many songs from We Major were released elsewhere??

I know that on Celph Titled's ''The Gatalog'' he released The Battle (Full Version), Cover And Duck and S.C.O.M. all without the remix skips and stuff from We Major. Didn't Apathy release something as well, with Bloc Party's original version? I want to collect all these. How many songs from We Major were released elsewhere??

Lupe Fiasco - Muhammad Walks

07. Spraypaint & Inkpens (Featuring Ghostface Killah & Mike Shinoda)

Apathy - Hell's Lost & Found It's The Bootleg, Muthafuckas! Volume 2 [Disc 1]

10. Bloc Party (feat. Mike Shinoda & Tak)

Celph Titled - The Gatalog - A Collection Of Chaos

Disc 1:

11. The Battle (Extended Mix) (feat. Mike Shinoda)

Disc 2:

09. S.C.O.M. (feat. Ryu, Juelz Santana & Mike Shinoda)

Disc 3:

13. All Night (feat. Apathy & Tak)

Disc 4:

09. Cover & Duck (feat. Styles Of Beyond & Mike Shinoda)

Fort Minor - Sampler Mixtape

03. Dolla

04. Get It

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied (Special/Tour Edition)

19. Be Somebody

Fort Minor - We Major EP

Side A:

01. Spraypaint & Ink Pens - Clean

02. Spraypaint & Ink Pens - Dirty

03. Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix) - Dirty

04. Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix) - Clean

Side B:

01. S.C.O.M. - Dirty

02. S.C.O.M. - Clean

03. There They Go (Green Lantern Remix) - Dirty

04. There They Go (Green Lantern Remix) - Clean

Fort Minor - S.C.O.M. / Dolla

Siade A:

01. S.C.O.M. (Clean)

02. S.C.O.M. (Dirty)

03. S.C.O.M. (Instrumental)

Side B:

01. Dolla (Clean)

02. Dolla (Dirty)

03. Dolla (Instrumental)

Fort Minor - Get It / Spraypaint & Ink Pens

Side A:

01. Get It (Clean)

02. Get It (Dirty)

03. Get It (Instrumental)

Side B:

01. Spraypaint & Ink Pens (Clean)

02. Spraypaint & Ink Pens (Dirty)

03. Spraypaint & Ink Pens (Instrumental)

Edited by lpliveusername

Going by just what I know about these songs, The Battle (Full Version) was re-recorded later. It's obvious from the recording but I just wanted to make sure people knew that, lol. I believe Mike has answered in an interview somewhere about the one on The Rising Tied in regards to its length since it just cuts off, but I'm not 100% certain. No idea where that would be though. Cover And Duck, All Night and SCOM are without the remix skips, you're right.

The versions of the songs on the We Major "EP" and the Get It/Spraypaint vinyl/CD (whatever it is, maybe it's both) I think are even without the DJ Green Lantern overdubs (on Spraypaint) and random other crap (on Get It). I do know for a fact that the leaked version of Spraypaint & Inkpens from Lupe's website is without that stuff too, since that's the first thing we got from the mixtape after LPA posted Nobody's Listening, but someone on here showed me that it's the same version that's on the Get It/Spraypaint release. (Insert random note here by me about how fucking underrated Spraypaint is and how it should have been on The Rising Tied instead of Be Somebody...)

I need to add all of the versions without the rewinds to my iTunes since I hate the talking/rewinds on We Major. I think 100 Degrees was edited by fans too to remove the rewinds.

Going by just what I know about these songs, The Battle (Full Version) was re-recorded later. It's obvious from the recording but I just wanted to make sure people knew that, lol. I believe Mike has answered in an interview somewhere about the one on The Rising Tied in regards to its length since it just cuts off, but I'm not 100% certain. No idea where that would be though. Cover And Duck, All Night and SCOM are without the remix skips, you're right.

The versions of the songs on the We Major "EP" and the Get It/Spraypaint vinyl/CD (whatever it is, maybe it's both) I think are even without the DJ Green Lantern overdubs (on Spraypaint) and random other crap (on Get It). I do know for a fact that the leaked version of Spraypaint & Inkpens from Lupe's website is without that stuff too, since that's the first thing we got from the mixtape after LPA posted Nobody's Listening, but someone on here showed me that it's the same version that's on the Get It/Spraypaint release. (Insert random note here by me about how fucking underrated Spraypaint is and how it should have been on The Rising Tied instead of Be Somebody...)

I need to add all of the versions without the rewinds to my iTunes since I hate the talking/rewinds on We Major. I think 100 Degrees was edited by fans too to remove the rewinds.

I agree that Spraypaint was better than Be Somebody, but you have to understand that Be Somebody wasn't really on the album, it was a bonus track for the Special Edition. I think the 16 songs that Mike picked for the album were great and the best choices, but there are definitely other good FM tracks out there that didn't make the cut. I love all FM tracks. But yeah, I think The Battle was re-recorded. I think it's cool that they did that because The Battle that is on The Rising Tied is only 30 seconds and it cuts off very awkwardly. Lol.

The "original" version of The Battle ended with the line "either you ignorant or you isn't." So it was just a second or two longer than what was released on TRT. Celph Titled took that "full" version and then added another verse to it for The Gatalog.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the photo gallery that Mike had on mikeshinoda.com years back? I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the pictures from there, specifically the ones from the MTM era. A lot of the photos used in the album art in the special edition (the book) were released in that gallery such as the infamous ''we'll write lyrics for food'' pic, etc.

Does anyone remember the photo gallery that Mike had on mikeshinoda.com years back? I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the pictures from there, specifically the ones from the MTM era. A lot of the photos used in the album art in the special edition (the book) were released in that gallery such as the infamous ''we'll write lyrics for food'' pic, etc.

They're all still on the site: http://mikeshinoda.com/category/pics/

And this is probably the specific photo gallery you're referring to: http://mikeshinoda.com/2007/01/01/minutes-...idnight-photos/

On LP's wiki page, I came across this info and I was wondering if you guys knew anything about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_Park_discography

I was wondering if anyone knew what performance of My December (Live) was on ''The Year They Recalled Santa Claus'' CD. Was it the one included on the SIB single?

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can download the alternate mixes for The Catalyst (MOH), Blackout (Fifa '11) and whatever game the alternate mix for Wretches was in? I am trying to collect everything from LP and I know they have a lot of alternate mixes for video games.