Quick question? Ask here!

I'm pretty sure this is the Green Lantern Remix of Nobody's Listening from the We Major mixtape

Yup it's the version of Nobody's Listening from that mixtape.

Full version. You can ask for an mp3 if you want since that's allowed (mixtape was free). Jay-Z isn't in it. It samples 'Threat' by Jay-Z, specifically the line that says "Yeah, I done told you niggas 9 or 10 times stop fuckin' with me."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure no one knows the answer, but what are the chances we will get an instrumental/acapella of "A Light That Never Comes" from LP for remixes and such? That would be pretty nice.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that there would be a remix contest for ALTNC. I would assume that means yes, if not the multitracks like for the LITE contest.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that there would be a remix contest for ALTNC. I would assume that means yes, if not the multitracks like for the LITE contest.

I would be so freaking happy if they released the stems like they did for Lost In The Echo. I do hope they do a remix contest because I know a lot of people would enjoy it and make awesome (and terrible dubstep) versions.

Are the voicemail interludes on Reanimation actual messages from Mike's phone at the time, or were they recorded knowing they were going to be on the album?

They were probably recorded as interludes for the album, but I don't know if there's an "official" source talking about them.

Are the voicemail interludes on Reanimation actual messages from Mike's phone at the time, or were they recorded knowing they were going to be on the album?

The messages themselves were probably planned. Pretty sure that's actually the sound of Mike's answering machine at the beginning of [Chali] though.

This isn't exactly a question, but it has been bugging me for quite awhile now (pretty pathetic that I constantly think about this), but I SWEAR, I have watched an interview on YouTube with Mike, saying how he can't recall if the band had ever actually recorded something in analog. Yet, in the "Making of Meteora" documentary, Rob says something along the lines of "During the Hybrid Theory days, I would have had 8 tracks stacked up to the ceiling of drum recordings with different variations." This was when he was introducing the Pro Tools rig to the camera telling how easy it had made his life making a drum track, and then learning how to play it rather than the other way around. So he used 8 tracks to record drums in Hybrid Theory? Maybe I'm mentally retarded and I'm missing something, or maybe the video of Mike doesn't exist, but I swear it does. :blink:

Edited by BrandonYancar

This isn't exactly a question, but it has been bugging me for quite awhile now (pretty pathetic that I constantly think about this), but I SWEAR, I have watched an interview on YouTube with Mike, saying how he can't recall if the band had ever actually recorded something in analog. Yet, in the "Making of Meteora" documentary, Rob says something along the lines of "During the Hybrid Theory days, I would have had 8 tracks stacked up to the ceiling of drum recordings with different variations." This was when he was introducing the Pro Tools rig to the camera telling how easy it had made his life making a drum track, and then learning how to play it rather than the other way around. So he used 8 tracks to record drums in Hybrid Theory? Maybe I'm mentally retarded and I'm missing something, or maybe the video of Mike doesn't exist, but I swear it does. :blink:

Probably referring to a standalone recorder, not an 8-track tape (those went out of style by the early 80s and disappeared entirely long before Xero even formed). Plus I'm pretty sure it was a 4-track. His exact quote was something along the lines of "Having the Pro Tools rig is nice, when we did Hybrid Theory I had a 4-track taped to the ceiling!" He was probably using a Tascam Portastudio or something like that back then.

Also, the "not recording anything in analog" quote is false, as the Xero demos were done on a 4-track recorder that recorded straight to cassette.

Edited by Astat

"Mike made an appearance on the Wake Up Show in 2002, where he took part in a rap battle with Rakaa Iriscience from Dilated Peoples. During the battle, he rapped both verses from "Dedicated," the first time that song had been unveiled in any form, as well as another verse that he had written years beforehand, which was never used in a song."-from "Did you know?" facts.

Is there any recording of it? If there is, how can I get it or hear it?

Probably referring to a standalone recorder, not an 8-track tape (those went out of style by the early 80s and disappeared entirely long before Xero even formed). Plus I'm pretty sure it was a 4-track. His exact quote was something along the lines of "Having the Pro Tools rig is nice, when we did Hybrid Theory I had a 4-track taped to the ceiling!" He was probably using a Tascam Portastudio or something like that back then.

Also, the "not recording anything in analog" quote is false, as the Xero demos were done on a 4-track recorder that recorded straight to cassette.

I just watched the video again, and I definitely misunderstood and misinterpreted that quote, thanks for correcting me.

"Mike made an appearance on the Wake Up Show in 2002, where he took part in a rap battle with Rakaa Iriscience from Dilated Peoples. During the battle, he rapped both verses from "Dedicated," the first time that song had been unveiled in any form, as well as another verse that he had written years beforehand, which was never used in a song."-from "Did you know?" facts.

Is there any recording of it? If there is, how can I get it or hear it?

Can you take a screenshot? I definitely don't see them listed under uploads.

Maybe they're blocked in Germany for some reason?

Here's the video link for Iridescent from Red Square:

The 3 Red Square videos are between "LPTV - Iridescent Rehearsals" and "Iridescent featured in Transformers Dark of the Moon," if you view their uploads chronologically.

You are right, they are blocked, I thought I was able to see them in the list at least but I was wrong I guess. It's funny that only these are blocked here usually tons of other bands are blocked here but nothing of LP, but if I can't see it I don't know how much really is blocked lol.

The whole situation about the blocked videos is really, everyone hates it cause so many videos are blocked, are unblocker plugins but it's still annoying if you can't find the videos in the first place.

Thanks! It would be cool to see the lyrics too

Lyrics were posted by Mike on the old Fort Minor forums:

''Me and Rakka haven't begun to hit you yet

when i get you open / your insides will make you wet

you bet / hostile when i'm rapping to you

got you asking God how he let this happen to you

bringing on the fat lady / and the fat man too

and shoot em both out of a cannon over Kathmandu

if ya sleepin / i'm knocking out the sandman too

i'll beat the yellow out of you until you're black and blue

laugh at you / and any MC who wants to scuffle

turn a Challenger emcee into Challenger space shuttle