Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you show me one of them? For a very long time I thought Grecian was a seed of QWERTY.

LPU Newsletter posted right after your note that QWERTY is made from Grecian - denies this. It is clearly said there that they stopped working on Grecian and started a new song, which became QWERTY.

Your first mistake was quoting the LPA wiki haha.

I think it was never intended for MTM. There was one interview, I can't remember which one, where Mike said he kinda regretted playing the song cause it made everyone think MTM is going to be super heavy, which set up wrong expectations for the album direction.

Isn't it the interview, that I actually linked in my question about QWERTY?

If it is - he says there that the songs didn't make the cut for MTM, so they were intended for the ablum. Otherwise, he would have said it otherwise, IMO.

IMO, Qwerty was most definitely a MTM demo/seed because it was shown in the seed folder on the making of MTM, plus it was recorded in 2006 at the Laurel Canyon studios (LPU6 CD says so). LP wrote over 150 songs for MTM, and only 12 (technically 11 if you don't count Wake) made the final cut. That is a LOT OF songs. Joe said on the making of MTM that they had weird dance songs, weird heavy metal songs, and more. I bet LP created all kinds of styles of music for the album, and Qwerty definitely fits. Yes, it did come into finalization on the plane to Japan for Summer Sonic, but they did go back and record it in the studio after the tour, and it was shown in the seeds folder, so it was probably considered, like all songs were, at one point.

Also, LOL @ Mark saying QWERTY wasn't an MTM seed when the Mike quote I just posted was in response to a question he asked. :lol:

LMAO! I guess Mike settles it right there then.

That's hilarious. We can't remember everything but that's one of the funniest things I have seen in a while :P

LMAO! I guess Mike settles it right there then.

That's hilarious. We can't remember everything but that's one of the funniest things I have seen in a while :P

It's funny because that was back in the pre-Twitter days, when we didn't have Summits, M&Gs were still done in "assembly line fashion," and band member chats were few and far between. That was when "HOLY SHIT MIKE ANSWERED MY QUESTION" was still such a big deal that you'd quote/screencap it and immortalize it in your signature for all eternity. Crazy how times change!

Edited by Astat

Can't believe Soul learned a lot of LP's history in less than a year, I wonder if you will still love the band when you are 24 y.o like me.

I tend to see and never forget. Only with words though haha. There's also pure logic involved. I'm 13, still a lot to know. I learned most of this stuff from Astat :P

I never get any credit.

LMAO

It's funny because that was back in the pre-Twitter days, when we didn't have Summits, M&Gs were still done in "assembly line fashion," and band member chats were few and far between. That was when "HOLY SHIT MIKE ANSWERED MY QUESTION" was still such a big deal that you'd quote/screencap it and immortalize it in your signature for all eternity. Crazy how times change!

HAHA yes. On the 6.0 newsletter, Brad answered my question in the Q and A, I was so excited that I framed the poster, and I still have it framed on my wall. Lol.

I tend to see and never forget. Only with words though haha. There's also pure logic involved. I'm 13, still a lot to know. I learned most of this stuff from Astat :P

LMAO

LOL, when I started researching stuff on LP back in 2004, Astat was also the one who taught me HUGE amount of stuff on LPA.

I kept asking and asking stuff about various demos and stuff, and in most cases he kept answering and answering.

I'm really grateful for everything he did for me, and for whole community.

Silly question, but I really don't know it:

Who did "Dedicated"? Hybrid Theory or Linkin Park?

Hybrid Theory.

The songs labled as "Dedicated (Demo 1999)" and Hybrid Theory changed their name to Linkin Park in 2000.

Hybrid Theory.

The songs labled as "Dedicated (Demo 1999)" and Hybrid Theory changed their name to Linkin Park in 2000.

Yeah I know about the name change, but I only remember that it was labled as "Dedicated (Demo)"

Thank you very much :)

The live guide for FM shows says that FM performed a "shortened" version of Numb/Encore. Was wondering what part of the song they actually did.

EDIT: Should have asked this in the Live Talk question thread, sorry.

Edited by Justin

The live guide for FM shows says that FM performed a "shortened" version of Numb/Encore. Was wondering what part of the song they actually did.

EDIT: Should have asked this in the Live Talk question thread, sorry.

It was pretty much just looping the chorus. They'd usually open the encore with it and ask the fans if they wanted more funny enough...hahaha

Edited by Pez

I thought Living Things tracks' capital letters style came from iTunes but there's only the album name with capital letters. So what is the source of it?

Same question for QWERTY, it's because this is how the keyboard layout stylized?

I thought Living Things tracks' capital letters style came from iTunes but there's only the album name with capital letters. So what is the source of it?

Same question for QWERTY, it's because this is how the keyboard layout stylized?

When the tracklist first came out I believe all the tracks were in caps. I remember MTV wrote about it in an article about Lady Gaga. They probably changed it since then though. I'm not sure about QWERTY though.

QWERTY was never mentioned anywhere NOT in caps, although a lot of the official places it showed up are places that would typically list a lot of stuff in caps anyway (back cover of LPU 6, show setlists, etc.). I guess it just makes sense because of a regular QWERTY keyboard being stylized in all caps (the phrase "QWERTY keyboard" also typically uses the same capitalization).

I believe the Living Things "ALL CAPS EVERYTHING" deal came from Adam? I recall someone with an official connection saying that they chose to incorporate that as part of their marketing for this particular album. I still don't even adhere to that, personally. :lol:

I thought Mike was the first one who used this as a hashtag even shortly before the album name was uncovered. They told iTunes specifically to add the tracks in all caps.

I got say with QWERTY it's more of an aesthetic thing at least for me. The keyboard thing seems to make sense since it's not really a word.

On a different note, I don't know if anyone actually researched him back then when we released the Plaster demo in 2008. David Kahne was the head of A&R back then.

I just read an older Kerrang article where Chester says:

"The then head of A&R there, David Kahne, hated us" says Bennington, "I don't mean that lightly. He literally fucking hated us!"