Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they were signed as Hybrid Theory by Warner for the first time, they didnt change their name instantly.

and before Warner? i'm mainly interested in the time the were toured as Hybrid Theory.

They were not signed to a label before Warner, the band stated that they were turned down by literally every label in the world, I think even several times by Warner. I don't think they really toured as Hybrid Theory before mid 2000 when they were signed. I'm pretty sure all they did were local shows until that point.

The crowd boos loudly but then “Part of Me” By Hybrid Theory begins to play and the crowd cheers loudly..

Source

Maddox paces around the ring and then smiles as “Part of Me” By Hybrid Theory begins to play..

Source

and the best one:

Name: Angel ..... Theme Music: "Party of Me" By Hybrid Theory.

Source

someone ever watched it? or even know about it? maybe it's a different version.

Edited by Skipees

is it possible that Pictureboard and She Couldn't are the same song?

- there's Pictureboard in the BMI catalog, but there's no She Couldn't...

- both never "released" because "legal reasons".

- if i remember correctly, Pictureboard added to BMI catalog only after She Couldn't released.

- did Mike/someone else ever talked about Picturebored after She Couldn't released?

btw, Forgotten is missing from the BMI catalog, somebody knows why?

Edited by Skipees

is it possible that Pictureboard and She Couldn't are the same song?

- there's Pictureboard in the BMI catalog, but there's no She Couldn't...

- both never "released" because "legal reasons".

- if i remember correctly, Pictureboard added to BMI catalog only after She Couldn't released.

- did Mike/someone else ever talked about Picturebored after She Couldn't released?

Wondered this myself, but I doubt it. Had we been told we couldn't release it when we got it, I'd say there might be a better chance at them being the same track.

Mike barely even talked about She Couldn't, only confirming that it was a track that they recorded in 1999 while working on HT. While he didn't say it was written then, the use of the sample from B-Boy Document 99 would mean at the very least the track having been re-mixed or re-produced in 1999 as Pictureboard would have been written years before.

Isn't it in there as Rhinestone?

no, no Xero titles at all except Reading My Eyes, probably just because LPU6. here's Mark page - everything there except Forgotten. i checked under LP and under the band members, but nothing.

While he didn't say it was written then, the use of the sample from B-Boy Document 99 would mean at the very least the track having been re-mixed or re-produced in 1999 as Pictureboard would have been written years before.

great point, but maybe they added the sample and recorded it later. Edited by Skipees

great point, but maybe they added the sample and recorded it later.

My gut instinct is that they're 2 different songs. At the time the demo CD containing She Couldn't was produced, they likely would have still been referring to it as 'Pictureboard' if that was in fact the working title, especially since that was the name later registered with BMI.

My gut instinct is that they're 2 different songs. At the time the demo CD containing She Couldn't was produced, they likely would have still been referring to it as 'Pictureboard' if that was in fact the working title, especially since that was the name later registered with BMI.

that is a stronger point, the chances for Pictureboard->She Couldn't->Pictureboard are really low. thanks :)

I know Pictureboard was on the tracklisting for LPU9 but was dropped at the last minute for Across The Line by Mike.

how do you know that? i heard that already (probably from you), but what is the source for it? Edited by Skipees

Forgotten is registered under its demo title, Rhinestone.

And yes, Pictureboard has been mentioned post-She Couldn't: "Pictureboard has samples in it. Can't give to LPU" - 11/19/2011 LPU chat with Mike. Considering he mentioned She Couldn't by name on his blog in 2009, which was between the original 2005-ish chat mention of Pictureboard and the 2011 chat, I doubt they're the same song, or at the very least, he would've started referring to it as She Couldn't from the time the song leaked.

Edited by Astat

Forgotten/Rhinestone is listed as Frgt/10 now http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWri...uerytype=WorkID

Ahh, hadn't noticed that. Yeah, they do that sometimes with the "alternate titles" if the songwriting credits aren't any different. There's no entry for PTS.OF.ATHRTY either, it's just listed as an alternate title under the regular Points of Authority entry.

The dragons on his shoulders/chest or anything new :)

It's just out of curiosity, I haven seen them before but maybe you have some nice pics that I haven't seen yet

here's the dragon:

Posted Image

i don't know if there is newest tattoo than this..

how do you know that? i heard that already (probably from you), but what is the source for it?

Unfortunately with the nature of things, I can't always reveal the exact source for info I get, or I can compromise sources for future info. I can promise you that it is 100% accurate information though and comes from someone that helped with the LPU 9 album coming together. As much as I want to reveal the source for everything I/we do, sometimes I can't, like with the information I got about the DSPs today or where some of our exclusives come from. I can tell you though that the DSP program was stopped earlier this year.

I'm not going to waste my time making up bullshit for the fanbase to believe, haha, I'm only interested in getting information out there, making the community better, and building our archive of information for Linkin Park and their live shows :)

If the band's management team wasn't registered on this site and this was completely private, I miiiiiight do it but the person it came from is a member here, the band's management team logs in and reads these forums and I am about 95% certain Mike is a member both on LPL and LPA under a false name that not even either staff team knows. We don't even know the usernames of the management people that read the forums and we honestly very likely couldn't ever figure it out even if we tried.

I can promise you that it is 100% accurate information though and comes from someone that helped with the LPU 9 album coming together.

that's enough, i don't really care how his people call him. just to know if this is reliable source. :)